Lenity

Oct 14, 2011
✟7,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oblivion Intro Music - YouTube

No, that's not my Youtube account, I am using it to show you the intro music however. The song is about 1:57 long.

Basically, here's my hypothesis:

The game is called Oblivion, or Armageddon, the end of the world. The song bears resemblance, musically, to events in Revelation, which of course tell tales of the end of the world.

The intro of the song has seven notes of a violin, if you count carefully, you can hear them. That's not that significant. But when the trumpets blast, you can hear that there are seven individual trumpet blasts, each consisting of three notes. This is akin to scripture.

Revelation 11:15
"The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: “The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.” "

After those seven trumpet blasts, there is a short pause. This is akin to the short silence in heaven when the seventh seal is opened at the sounding of the seventh trumpet (note the order of the mention of these things don't matter, the seventh seal was simply mentioned before the seventh trumpet, but the seals/bowls/trumpets of each occurrence happen together, not separate, ie the first bowl is poured when the first trumpet sounds as well as the first seal being opened).

Revelation 8:1
"When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour."

Afterward, there is a calming verse in the song which seems to resemble the 1000 years of peace with Christ. The reason I infer that is because after the calm portion, a sinister sounding melody begins, and I relate this to Satan being released from the bottomless pit after the 1000 years of peace romping around and deceiving people for the final battle at Armageddon, aka Oblivion. The tension builds, and one expects an epic battle, but the song itself gets louder and more heated without ever reaching a climactic "bang", and instead simply follows with angelic, choir-like humming, displaying the ease in which God will throw Satan into the fiery pit.

I'm an occult scholar of sorts, meaning that I pay close attention to Satanic symbolism in games/TV/movies, but I have noticed aside from the use of sorcery, Oblivion seems to have a well-hidden, anti-Satanic message.

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think you're reading way too much into it, personally. If anything, the composer was inspired due to the story to go to roots of world destruction stories. I highly doubt the symbolism you're looking for is in the way you want it to be. There are probably similarities because of the story content being similar in nature to Revelations, but it's probably mostly coincidence because you're the hero in the game doing good. I doubt that they added anti-Satanic hidden messages within the game.

Upvote 0

Lenity

Oct 14, 2011
✟7,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think you're reading way too much into it, personally. If anything, the composer was inspired due to the story to go to roots of world destruction stories. I highly doubt the symbolism you're looking for is in the way you want it to be. There are probably similarities because of the story content being similar in nature to Revelations, but it's probably mostly coincidence because you're the hero in the game doing good. I doubt that they added anti-Satanic hidden messages within the game.

Yeah everyone underestimates the symbolic content in media, but it doesn't change the fact that it is there. To suggest it's some kind of error of my own mind when it's all over the game is kind of silly. But I suppose you are also unaware of the Satanic symbolism cluttered in the music industry as well? If so, go ahead and check out Vigilant Citizen.

Another example I can give is that when you save the Emperor's heir and bring him to save haven, the guards (called the Blades) have a little chat you can overhear. They talk about serving the "Dragonborn", aka the Antichrist, one born of the Dragon/beast. During their conversation they even say "Well, surely we are of one mind." and the other responds "Yes of course, we will do anything to defend the Dragonborn."

This is from Revelation 17:13 when they're talking about the synagogue of Satan: "These are of one mind, and they hand over their power and authority to the beast."

Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, you will believe what you want, and I'm well aware of the talk of symbolism within the music industry as is that is the industry I work in, and most of it is complete hogwash people make up in their minds and choose to believe. That being said, does that mean every band is like that? Not at all. There are indeed some intentional symbols bands sneak in. However, the most obvious ones in the popular music scene are most always incorrect.

Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others