The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey there suzybreezy, I am going to attempt this one here, though I havent tried it the ingredients scream good eggnog here (lol)

Traditional Eggnog Recipe - Food.com - 15340

This recipe allows for you to omit the alcohol (you will see it in the recipe part at the bottom). There are a couple of ways of doing it though. One way I wont attempt is an eggnog that requires cooking it on the stovetop part, because folks have had their eggs (after an hour of cooking them) turn "scrambled" on them, besides, Im not nutso over the whole raw egg scare stuff (but thats just me).

I figured I'd drop this off here as one to consider (since you are looking) because Im going to give this one a whirl on Sunday (well I hope to anyway).

If I do, I'll come back and tell you how it was. If you do it before I do tell me how it was.

Thats if we live to tell about it huh? lol

Good luck with whichever you decide to try sis:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks! Yeah I was wondering about the raw eggs too, but figured people have been drinking it for centuries so it must not be toooo much of a risk. Made me wonder if the raw eggs were some how "cured" by the alcohol. I dunno.

Good question actually, me neither. Though weight lifters back in the earlier days drank raw eggs for more protien.

But then again a handful of people die out of billions and all paranoia breaks loose. I thought maybe they werent careful to see if the eggs were not cracked before adding them or something.

If it concerns you dont do it.

Me? I dont mind departing sooner, I have no qualms about taking such a small risk.

And if my last drink "ever" was eggnog (it wouldnt be so bad) beats going out on something gross like peas (or something other).

I hate peas myself. I've got an eggnog craving right now though:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks! Yeah I was wondering about the raw eggs too, but figured people have been drinking it for centuries so it must not be toooo much of a risk. Made me wonder if the raw eggs were some how "cured" by the alcohol. I dunno.

It might be worth taking the additional step of washing the eggs before breaking them.

Typically the way of seperating yolks involves contact with the shell. No issue at all for baking. But a possible source of contamination if not cooked.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It might be worth taking the additional step of washing the eggs before breaking them.

Typically the way of seperating yolks involves contact with the shell. No issue at all for baking. But a possible source of contamination if not cooked.

Never thought of that before, very interesting!

Upvote 0

meadowlark

Aug 4, 2009
Living a life of trust
✟17,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

tis true that the contamination comes from messy hen house debris left on the outer shell. Washing is a good idea.

Upvote 0