Siliconaut

Not to be confused with the other Norman Hartnell
@John: Not proven to be genuine writing, but definitely research-worthy. However, the symbols were clearly made with deliberate intent and - if not writing - are remarkably similar in their stylizedness. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2956925.stm

I messed up badly, though - my memory seems to be playing tricks on me. The writings have been found in china, not mesopotamia, and the age is about 8.600 years, not just 8.000... ;)

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Siliconaut said:
@John: Not proven to be genuine writing, but definitely research-worthy.

No doubt they will try to use it as evidence for evolution in some way.

My first son could read symbols, like the McDonalds symbol when he was three years old. But they can not actually learn how to read untill they are maybe 5 years old.

The first clay tablets they have found appear to be maps of what looks to be an individuals property. Then soon after that they have clay tablets used to keep track of a individuals hurds and live stock.

Upvote 0

Siliconaut

Not to be confused with the other Norman Hartnell
No doubt they will try to use it as evidence for evolution in some way.
Wilfully dense? This serves - at the very least - as evidence that humans have been around longer than 6000 years. Just one piece in a huge pile, to be sure.

My first son could read symbols, like the McDonalds symbol when he was three years old. But they can not actually learn how to read untill they are maybe 5 years old.
Well, we must conclude that the writers must have been older than 5 years, right? :D

The first clay tablets they have found appear to be maps of what looks to be an individuals property. Then soon after that they have clay tablets used to keep track of a individuals hurds and live stock.
So the annual report of MCI would not count as evidence of writing? False writing, for sure, but writing nevertheless. :)

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Upvote 0
JohnR7 said:

John, I was reading books by 2 and a half. I was able to read by the time I was 2, and read cursive shortly thereafter. My mom still brags about showing me off in grocery stores, heheh.

Upvote 0

ReUsAbLePhEoNiX

Liberated from SinComplex
Jun 24, 2003
Earth, MilkyWay Galaxy
Visit site
✟10,562.00
Faith
Taoist
since we are all braging about our reading skills,
I was reading colledge level and compehendtion in third grade, however my spelling and writing skills is a different story, a sad product of my private school education. Thats what happens when Private schools dont require teachers to be certified, but I did get a good education in Creationism , and early American history from a white european christian view .

Upvote 0