BouncedBack

Nov 2, 2006
Alabama
✟8,442.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if I miskeyed something or if I am just that much of a dork. In the entire United States there isn't a match for me. Is that for real? The largest online dating service, which is the first I've tried, has NO matches for me across the entire US? Thats kind of rough. It must be me. How do I find out what it is about me that is such a turn off? :scratch:

Reactions: PassionateOne

Gimpy

Senior Veteran
May 26, 2005
California
✟23,718.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder if I miskeyed something or if I am just that much of a dork. In the entire United States there isn't a match for me. Is that for real? The largest online dating service, which is the first I've tried, has NO matches for me across the entire US? Thats kind of rough. It must be me. How do I find out what it is about me that is such a turn off? :scratch:
Did you state that you are a Christian and am interested in only a Christian woman?
I have a friend who signed up at Match Dot com and got like 3 women in the whole wide world. He changed to where he was looking for any body and got a list. I think its a rip off

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I got the same thing on eHarmony. Only, my search was pretty much for the whole world...not just the US. I think it's the site. I agree with Gimpy here. Seems like any website where you mention you are only interested in Christians....you either get NO matches/contacts or messages from perverts who are obviously illiterate.

Upvote 0

Gimpy

Senior Veteran
May 26, 2005
California
✟23,718.00
Faith
Christian
You know what, and I told my good friend this too, if you hang out in one place long enough and show who you are, and that you have a personality and care, you WILL meet someone, be it on CF or at a coffee shop or somewhere people hang out. If you never say anything or let people know who you are, forget it.

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How do I find out what it is about me that is such a turn off? :scratch:

You ask your female friends. If you don't have any female friends, that's a clue. If you do, have one of them review your profile. I've done this, and they've caught things that I never would have thought was a problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You ask your female friends. If you don't have any female friends, that's a clue. If you do, have one of them review your profile. I've done this, and they've caught things that I never would have thought was a problem.

Kind of reminds me of the time when I asked this guy that I used to work with (who flirted with me all the time but wasn't *interested* in me) what it was about me that was such a turnoff to guys. His assessment? I am too short and too weird. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll.......to that I said "Too Bad!" ;)

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How long have you been on eharmony? You usually do get the "no matches" message right after you join. I've been on eharmony for about 3.5 years and have gone through some dry spells. When I recently called to report someone suspicious, the rep. asked me if I was happy with my matches and I told her that recently I felt like I was being matched with a lot of people who didn't have the same spiritual values. She suggested I retake the questionaire which had changed since I took it. I re-took it and got a lot of new matches. On my preferences spirituality is marked of highest importance. I wouldn't want to waste my time with a lot of incompatible matches. Give me quality over quantity.

Upvote 0

Princess Pea

In search of silver linings
May 28, 2004
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
I'm done with eharmony - with dating sites in general, actually. I just want to meet a guy the old-fashioned way - and honestly, I've had this growing feeling lately that my church is somehow the key to all this anyway. So I'm taking a break ... even though there's this persistant little voice that reminds me of the 3 women I know who have found husbands (and good ones too) via EH or CC ...

Upvote 0

SandyLou

The Order of the Candle
Mar 1, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Visit site
✟2,869.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I totally relate! I did the e-harm test and they said only 3% of the population of the US was compatible with me:eek: . . .and apparently no one in that 3% signed up for e-harm! ^_^ ^_^

I've tried match, and christian mingle (now relationships), and a variety of other sites - secular and faith based - and I volunteer with several agencies in the area ("they" say it's a great way to meet people with similar interests) and have for years. :sigh: I've come to the conclusion that if God wants me to remarry He'll drop a man in front of me. The web is not a place for me to find one. But it's a great source of profit for the website companies!!!!!;)

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟60,714.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I tired eharmony at the urging fo friends after my break up. NEVER AGAIN!!

People lie and it's not easy to really convey your views and morals in their screening process.

I won't do that again.

Reactions: SandyLou
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

soda

life's the adventure - got one yourself
Feb 7, 2005
✟13,378.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

and it helped that women reviewed your profile?

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

Haha. If you think e-harmony's bad, I was on a site called Chemistry.com. They matched me with a WOMAN. =:O

I feel the same way as Pea -- though I don't like Web site services, there have been too many people who've met and married through there for me to completely dismiss them.

Actually, I did e-harmony and they couldn't match me with anyone either. More recently, my roommate says they're just spamming her with inappropriate people, just to make sure they fill the quota.

Upvote 0

Princess Pea

In search of silver linings
May 28, 2004
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
Haha. If you think e-harmony's bad, I was on a site called Chemistry.com. They matched me with a WOMAN. =:O

Oh my word - that's AWFUL! :eek: :eek:

Actually, I did e-harmony and they couldn't match me with anyone either. More recently, my roommate says they're just spamming her with inappropriate people, just to make sure they fill the quota.

Huh - I thought it was just me. I recently had a string of matches that convinced me EH has turned off all matching criteria except age range and geographic area. I have pretty much lost faith in their much-hyped compatibility matching software at this point.

Upvote 0

SandyLou

The Order of the Candle
Mar 1, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Visit site
✟2,869.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
More recently, my roommate says they're just spamming her with inappropriate people, just to make sure they fill the quota.

:idea: that's probably not tooooo far out in left field now that I think about it. . . . . .

Upvote 0