Visit site
✟15,396.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone recommend some good software for ripping to avi that yields decent video quality without taking 3 hours to do it? I've used Nero 7, but that rips to .mp4 and has very low quality unless you tweak the size way up, also tried several others(isofter dvdplatinum, dvd-to-avi, AoA dvd ripper). I already have software to remove the copywrite protection, which works very well, I just can't rewrite it into decent quality. any tips/suggestions?

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone recommend some good software for ripping to avi that yields decent video quality without taking 3 hours to do it? I've used Nero 7, but that rips to .mp4 and has very low quality unless you tweak the size way up, also tried several others(isofter dvdplatinum, dvd-to-avi, AoA dvd ripper). I already have software to remove the copywrite protection, which works very well, I just can't rewrite it into decent quality. any tips/suggestions?
Just saw this thread, at work right now, but there's a few software packages I use (same thing storage of DVDs for Video Server)

I'll have to post the list of the 2 programs I use for DVD use when I get home.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have used Handbrake myself. Gives wonderful results. To use it however, you must have either Mac OS X or Linux to use it.
With it I have ripped DVDs I own to my own movie-server. I am using FrontRow (Apple's Media centre) to deal with my music and my video. It is all password protected and firewalled thoroughly to avoid anyone getting into the database and leeching my movies. (I do not want to pirate anything...)

Upvote 0