Drones, Love'm or hate'm?

If a drone is over your property and "inspecting" it, what would you do?

• Shoot it down

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Ignore/watch it

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Close the blinds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jeager016

Feb 8, 2015
Retired police/retired engineer
✟9,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
No, read my post. My post does not say all gun owners. I own guns and I used to teach gun safety.

I was very clear, the people I was talking about are the people that shoot at drones.

If you are a part of gun culture then you know there is a huge element that secretly can't wait for the day they get to use their gun.

In any event no where in my post did I say all gun owners

Thank you for the correction.
You did say a "HUGE element that secretly can't wait for the day"....
I'll take personal issue with that brash statement.
I know a LOT of gun owners and none "can't wait for the day".
I'm armed most all the time and so are most of the "gun" people
I know and no one "can't wait for the day".
I'm armed because I've seen everything that should never happen
to anyone that happened anyway.
Shooting another human, even in the most dire self defense
situation, brings awful consequences.
Still, as the old saw goes, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried
by 6.
To my way of thinking anyone that would not defend loved ones, self,
or other innocents, is gutless.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you are a part of gun culture then you know there is a huge element that secretly can't wait for the day they get to use their gun.

You know, that attitude just might be a factor in some of the notorious police incidents with guns, tasers, pepper spray and the like.

Upvote 0

jeager016

Feb 8, 2015
✟9,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
You know, that attitude just might be a factor in some of the notorious police incidents with guns, tasers, pepper spray and the like.

People seldom realize that police come from the very community
they serve. They are a product of that community of origin.
Why are there no "notorious incidents" when police are injured,
crippled, killed, in the line of duty?
Humph! I served 22.5 years & disabled with broken back #4, concussions, cracked ribs, poisoned in chemical fires, p.t.s.d.,
and more.
Not one of those "incidents" made even the local papers.
So at age 48 I was disabled.
I went to college, earned 2 degrees and retired again from
General Motors.
None of that made even the back page of any newspaper.
So why do we hold cops to such a higher standard?
The public forgets they are just as human as anyone else.
ALL my injuries were a result of the violent actions of black
criminals.
I don't hate anyone.
So it goes.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
People seldom realize that police come from the very community
they serve. They are a product of that community...

Not all police come from the community they serve. For the most part, when they do they are awesome. When they don't they tend to treat the people like subjects to be ruled over.

Why are there no "notorious incidents" when police are injured,
crippled, killed, in the line of duty?
Humph! I served 22.5 years & disabled with broken back #4, concussions, cracked ribs, poisoned in chemical fires, p.t.s.d.,
and more..
Everyone city I have ever lived in, when a cop gets seriously hurt in the line of duty it makes the news.

But the reason there is never any national outrage is because there is never an injustice associated with a cop's injury.

For instance, imagine a cop who is on duty between 7am - 5pm. He pulls me over at 5:02pm and I get out of my car, we have an altercation and I put him in the hospital. My lawyer argues that since his shift ended at 5:00pm he had no authority to pull me over and the case against me gets dropped due to that technicality.

Now if that happened you could bet there would be national outrage.

So don't feel unloved, the truth, the bitter truth is, this country loves police so much that police can tell the most ridiculous bald-faced lies in court and we the people will "give them the benefit of the doubt". Even when video tape shows the lie for what it is, we love cops so much we don't charge them for perjury but rather accept the excuse that they "remembered incorrectly"

...So why do we hold cops to such a higher standard?
Because cops are granted near unlimited power and autonomy. If one cop says one thing but ten witnesses say another the court will still often side with the cop.
Not only that, the cops don't even have to be in the right. As long as they "tthink" they are right they can take whatever action they feel necessary. So yeah, given the asymmetry of power between police and the citizenry they should be held to a higher standard.

...The public forgets they are just as human as anyone else..
Police want it both ways.
On one hand they are infallible and never wrong when ordering us around, but then on the other hand they want us to accept their mistakes.

I have no problem forgiving mistakes. My problem stems from when police commit crimes and try to pass those off as mistakes.

Here is my definition of a police crime. If a normal citizen did what the officer did would he be charged?

Take the 84 yr old elderly woman that was pepper sprayed. Let's say me and her get in an argument. Let's say I drop my cell phone, she picks it up and refuses to give it back to me. If I pepper spray her to get my phone back would I be charged with a crime?

Yes, I realize that is apples and oranges but consider the spirit of the argument.

So, imo the officer did not make a mistake pepper spraying that woman, she committed a crime.

...ALL my injuries were a result of the violent actions of black
criminals.
I don't hate anyone.
So it goes.

I appreciate and thank you for your service. I think good cops make the mistake of thinking we hate all cops. We dont. We just hate the system that enables and protects bad, incompetent, lazy, egomaniac bully cops.

And when a cop does something wrong, we hate how so called "good cops" help protect the bad cops.

Again, take the lady that elderly lady who was pepper sprayed in her own home. The so called good cops are going to support the bad cop who did that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Considering they have cameras and can take and upload pictures from various angle & heights so do I.....though you might run into so issues if you did so in an incorporated area. From the sounds of the OP article the woman lived in the country or somewhere that discharging her shotgun was not an issue.
There are enough weirdos in the world already. People who set cameras in bathrooms, shoot up-skirt shots of women in public places, post them on the net for other weirdos enjoyment. Camera drones able to fly over a private property where someones there with their children lets say, playing in their yard, can capture pictures and do any number of things with them.
Including putting them on the dark net for pedophile predators enjoyment. Let us not forget human trafficking is going on all the time.
Not to mention home security issues. Drop a drone at night near a home that is in a high priced neighborhood and look through what owners think are secure windows. Because it is a gated community with a guard at the entrance.
But not secured from the air. Not even roving security on the streets stands to see a drone taking shots of expensive contents of mansions or high end houses.
Even capturing at a distance the security code to get into the new smart homes. Which aren't secure in themselves and because like anything computerized they can be hacked.

Drones allow it to be said: I am my neighbors peeper.

Take on that motive and suffer the consequences to the peeper.

Upvote 0

jeager016

Feb 8, 2015
✟9,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Alright, this is a drone thread; if you want to talk about "police brutality" there a plenty of other threads out there.....thank you....

You are welcome.
Shoot the drones down.
:clap::clap:
Betcha that would get one in a bunch of trouble huh?:scratch:

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
You are welcome.
Shoot the drones down.
:clap::clap:
Betcha that would get one in a bunch of trouble huh?:scratch:
I wonder if people put a upward facing huge NO TRESPASSING BY DRONES ! OFFENDERS WILL BE SHOT DOWN sign in their yard if they'd have a legal defense ?

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums