Driver claims she got $200 ticket for putting on lip balm behind the wheel

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is texting at a red light ok too?
I've done that, even though I hate the thought of doing that. It's usually a parent of a child I'm watching. When that music is playing over and over you have to do something. Most of the time I just turn it off though. Ever once in awhile I just put ok on a message. I've tries to turned the phone off completely, but this same parent (relative)wasn't happy about it. I've also eaten crackers or taken a bite of taco's, if I haven't eating all day, it's past noon. But I always look for cops first and only when the light just turns red.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No sympathy from me.

I was rearended by a girl putting on lipbalm. Oh yeah, she was stopped at a light and apparently out of her peripheral vision she thought she saw that the light had changed so she gunned it. Right into my trunk.

Pretty much EVERYTHING can wait while you're driving a car.
You just was unlucky to deal with her driving techniques. I never just put my foot on the petal and gun it. I'm to worried about accidents.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If you need to do something other than drive, pull over, then do it.
What a concept. Sadly, we've all been around far too many idiots who disagree. Hey it's their world, you just happen to be in it!

I'd almost be willing to pay half the fine just to see a cop actually pull someone over and give them a ticket for stuff like this, along with blabbering on their precious cell phones while driving (etc etc).

She got a ticket for doing something when she was at a stop light.
It doesn't say she held up traffic, she did not cause an accident.
She applied lip balm while sitting at a stop light.

She broke a law that probably most people would not even know or think of as a crime.
This is a case of police abuse of power. There was no one harmed by her actions, just a cop wanting to be a... powerful. (I would have used other words, but this is a Christian site.)

People can play what if, all they want. What if she held up traffic? What if she crashed into another car? What if...what if...what if...
She applied chapstick and it cost her $200. It harmed no one, nor put anyone in danger. Just a cop reinforcing the abusive nature that people think they have.
Oh goody, more ridiculous police hate. How trendy!

He enforced a law. That is hardly "abuse of power." She has no excuse, and "well nothing bad happened........this time" is an exceedingly weak one.

I've tries to turned the phone off completely, but this same parent (relative)wasn't happy about it.
And God forbid you not obey their every whim even as you're doing them a favor? ???

I always look for cops first and only when the light just turns red.
If you have to be on the look out for cops when doing something, that might be a clue that you shouldn't be doing it.

Upvote 0