Dreams and Dreaming ?

J

Joshua0

so after all these years of dreams and dreaming how many have checked it out as to whether they dream in colour or black and white - how about you,how say you - or check it out tonight and be certain before you answer - twinc
Right before they came out with HD TV I started to dream in High Definition color. So I had a preview of what was to come. I use to HATE black and white TV. We could not talk my dad into buying a color TV at the time because he said they were to expansive. When the price came down we started getting color though. Somewhat dull by today's standard, but a lot better then the Black and White.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Can you read words in dreams? I thought I couldn't, but a dream recently made me think that maybe I could. I mean, normally I would just see squiggles or nothing, I wouldn't see actual words. That's how talking works in dream isn't it. Sort of by telepathy rather than sound.

Do you hear sound in dreams?

Upvote 0

twinc

Jun 2, 2011
Wirral
✟1,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Paradoxum - imho life is for living and learning,not just in and about the awake state but all of life which must include the sleep and dream state also -we are being shown and told and presented with ideas and clues as to what life is about and who and what we really are and really are here for etc - but mostly we miss it or take no notice or misinterpret etc imho - we do not breath and when we should but do not of ourselves readily realise this or accept this,someone invents Yoga classes to bring this to our remembrance but even here we get so involved in trying to master the breathing techniques we forget or are not told that what we are supposed to grasp is that we do not breathe - twinc

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I don't know how important dreams are. They might be able to tell us something about ourselves, but what they tell us might be things we know anyway, or could figure out while awake.

To try to analyse dreams seem like too much effort. :D

Upvote 0

twinc

Jun 2, 2011
Wirral
✟1,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
I don't know how important dreams are. They might be able to tell us something about ourselves, but what they tell us might be things we know anyway, or could figure out while awake.

To try to analyse dreams seem like too much effort. :D

no,no,no - that is the wrong path and broad path and many are on it - like horoscopes,interpreting dreams etc but like in Yoga breathing missing the point/message of it all as to what dreams and dreaming are really trying to say and teach - think it out for yourself all the dreams and dreaming and dreamers over all these years and no one has really observed or knows whether they dream in black and white or colour and those who are so certain they know have some explaining to do - twinc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twinc

Jun 2, 2011
Wirral
✟1,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
so after all these years of dreams and dreaming how many have checked it out as to whether they dream in colour or black and white - how about you,how say you - or check it out tonight and be certain before you answer - twinc

it is obvious that all chose to ignore the request to check it out and be certain and this is part of what it is all about - all about those who are so certain and having been mislead and misleading themselves are busy misleading others - so here we simply ask a simple question before we can proceed any further viz what colours grass ? - just forget all about correct punctuation and correct grammar and try and simply answer the simple question simply - twinc

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟378,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The dreams I can remember have been in color. The link is lengthy and somewhat technical, but has interesting information. There's a diagram (based on functional brains scans) showing what regions of the brain are active during dreaming. The occipital cortex, where vision is processed (area 7 in the diagram,) is an active region. So if one has color vison, dream imagery should be likewise.

Science of Dreaming - Section 3 - Robert J Hoss

Upvote 0

twinc

Jun 2, 2011
Wirral
✟1,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
The dreams I can remember have been in color. The link is lengthy and somewhat technical, but has interesting information. There's a diagram (based on functional brains scans) showing what regions of the brain are active during dreaming. The occipital cortex, where vision is processed (area 7 in the diagram,) is an active region. So if one has color vison, dream imagery should be likewise.

Science of Dreaming - Section 3 - Robert J Hoss

so you also did not check it nor did Robert J Hoss either it seems - anyway what about the simple question re what colours grass ? - twinc

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you read words in dreams? I thought I couldn't, but a dream recently made me think that maybe I could. I mean, normally I would just see squiggles or nothing, I wouldn't see actual words. That's how talking works in dream isn't it. Sort of by telepathy rather than sound.
When I was young (under 30), I couldn't read in dreams at all, but gradually, I became able to.

Do you hear sound in dreams?
Yes, but sometimes outside sounds get incorporated into my dreams.

Before I learned how to drive, I used to have "magic" driving dreams quite often. Now, I have crash dreams, some pretty spectacular. It's not true that if you die in a dream, you die in real life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand what you are asking.
He seems to be asking you to say that you dream in black & white. I say this because on how adamant he is that everyone who has said "color" so far is mistaken.

Upvote 0

twinc

Jun 2, 2011
Wirral
✟1,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
He seems to be asking you to say that you dream in black & white. I say this because on how adamant he is that everyone who has said "color" so far is mistaken.

it seems you didnt,as advised,check it out either nor did you simply answer the simple question - so here it is again - what colours grass ? - twinc

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟378,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
it seems you didnt,as advised,check it out either nor did you simply answer the simple question - so here it is again - what colours grass ? - twinc

OK, here goes:

Chlorophyll. Which reflects light in the medium wavelengths of the visible spectrum. This triggers specific cone cells in the retina, which send signals to the brain that are interpreted as the color green.

Somehow, I don't think that's the answer you're looking for.

Upvote 0

twinc

Jun 2, 2011
Wirral
✟1,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
OK, here goes:

Chlorophyll. Which reflects light in the medium wavelengths of the visible spectrum. This triggers specific cone cells in the retina, which send signals to the brain that are interpreted as the color green.

Somehow, I don't think that's the answer you're looking for.

somehow,so you still have not fathomed that you don't think but anyhow you are not far off the answer - so lets put a conclusion is grass green or not - is it green all the time - twinc

Upvote 0