Leyanis

Jun 22, 2016
Bossier City, LA
✟15,133.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dream: I was coughing up glass. I had glass in my throat. I knew in my dream I had three pieces of glass stuck in my throat. I coughed up two pieces, but before I woke up, one piece remained. The glass was slightly thick, small and clear in color. No blood. It hurt but not extremely painful.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Leyanis

When I am told a dream which someone shares with us, I consider how it can have a general Gospel and spiritual meaning. I do not mean what I offer to be a personal prophetic interpretation; but someone else might be able to give you a prophetic meaning, which God has shown him or her, for you. Also, we have people who can understand a more psychological interpretation or give you how it could have some kind of counsel.

You say that two of the pieces have come out, but one more stayed. To me, the pieces can mean sin problems which you have had. And when you got saved, the two came out, meaning God corrected a lot, simply by bringing you to Jesus. But the remaining piece shows how any of us in Jesus still needs more correction > Hebrews 12:4-11.

And you say there was pain in the pieces coming out, but not a major amount of pain. Well, Hebrews 12:4-11 says there is pain in God's correction. One translation says His correction is "grievous" > He can grieve our selfish nature as His correction gets rid of anything which still is selfish in us!! So, this is good pain, to be sure, if it means God is getting rid of our selfish nature > our selfish nature has helped to keep us available to doing wrong things and to keep on deeply suffering in weakness of our selfish nature.

And I might consider how there were three pieces, perhaps not enough to make a whole container made of the glass. This could mean how in sin we shared with others, in our sinning, no one person having all the parts or pieces of sinning in Satan's kingdom; and though the parts perhaps fit with those of other people, those parts were dead . . . love dead!! Ephesians 2:1-7 < God has made us alive in Jesus. The encouragement is that we do well now to get rid of anything which is still love dead, and get more into loving with one another Jesus people, as family > Ephesians 4:31-32.

Now we share with one another in God's love, instead, as "members of one another" (Romans 12:5, Ephesians 4:25). And we help each other to become more and more corrected and mature in Jesus > James 5:16, Galatians 6:1, Ephesians 4:15-16.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some ideas from scripture, and if something rings true with you, maybe that's it:

- Glass... Reflection, Mirror... We are to look in the mirror of scripture and know who we are in Christ. James 1:24 That we speak words that are a broken image of who we are in Christ, and then cough those up because we have changed our mind on that matter... but one piece of that broken image remains in your thinking and speech.

That these pieces are broken is that this is not the true image of Christ that you are, but a false image. Christ said:

And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins. - Mark 2:22

So when you have broken pieces, that is new wine trying to be in old wine skins. The old wine skins shattered because it is the false image of who you are not the true image.

It is basically a false teaching in your thinking you should eventually arrive at the point God enables you to repent of it by his love.

I had a similar problem. I had a silver fork that fell down into my heart, and it stopped the flow of living water in my heart because it got in a gear. Satan tried to make it a big deal. But eventually, I repented of the bitterness. There's no longer that impediment in my heart.

But what you have is an impediment in your speaking it seems.

And be cautious about what I said, because that 1 piece really is not you. It may be you think there is a speck of something wrong with you, when this is not the case. We are faultless before God. So if this is the speck, just realizing we are faultless before God fixes it.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Leyanis, I suggest you persistently ask God if the dream was from him, and if it was, what the glass represented. If he doesn't answer, then I would eject any possible interpretations that have come to mind, and not concern yourself with it anymore. In praying this regularly, you may lose interest in continuing to ask, which I would then interpret to mean that God didn't put it in your heart to know. If you get various ideas of what it might mean, then God hasn't answered you yet.

For this reason anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says. (1 Corinthians 14:13, 1984 NIV)

Reactions: Mudinyeri
Upvote 0