Dream Competing as an Athelete at the Olympics

db407

May 26, 2010
✟7,789.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Last Night I dreamt I was running in the Marathon competing at the Olympics. When we were running I was behind everyone
Then we were about to finish I started to increase my pace and I was leading. The finish lines were in a Room. I ran to the wrong door opened it and realised it was the wrong one, when I went to the next one next door which is where the finish line was, the lady that was behind me had come in first.
I am not sure what number I was but it seems I was 3rd or 4th. I began to complain to myself that there was no clear signs were I was meant to, I would have been the 1st one to win.

I tried to look for the responsible person to complain to but he was busy doing something else. I really was upset about all this. This was the end of the dream.

I dont really understand what this means ( I am not an athlete at all).

kimmiemae

follower of Yeshua
Mar 26, 2011
✟9,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord is showing you the spirital race you are in. He shows you where to enter (the gospel of your salvation). But He doesn't show you the end. This is common in the natural life of most believers...we all know the ultimate goal is Heaven...but where do we go in between. I am not saying the finish line is Heaven. I think the finish line is HIS purpose for you and you must seek HIS face continually. Be in conversation with HIM as much as humanly possible. He hangs on your every word so know that all that you say is in Heaven. We are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. Our conversation truly is in Heaven...every word.

When I grumbled and complained the Lord showed me that I was laying down my shield of faith and picking up doubt and unbelief and eventually discouragement. What a shame!

In the spirit you can move fast and are very swift to learn. The Lord is revealing things to you and you sprint with it quickly, but He may want you to meditate on it with Him as you are reaching the finish line. He is the Lord of HOSTS...like a captain that can coach you to the finish line. Keep tuned in and don't run with it too swiftly. It's not about how fast we are, but about enduring and obedience.

Upvote 0

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟47,198.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Good feedback above.

I remember hearing a preacher once speak on plan A & plan B for our lives.

We may have a desire & dream for something (Plan A) but life circumstances prevent us being able to do this & we can feel like we are living Plan B. For example a couple have a dream of being missionaries in a 3rd world country (Plan A). But they have a child who has a disability or needs regular medical care in a country with good medical personnel & infrastructure (Plan B).

What the preacher said was God does not have a Plan B for our lives, His sovereignty is over the whole thing & it's all plan A. Whilst God does not cause sinful acts, sickness or birth deformities as in the example of the couple wanting to be missionaries, He works these things into HIs glorious plan for our lives.

The doors which we may open that seem to be the wrong ones are places where we can minister the love of God to others while we are there. It can be very tough, but if we exercise faith & say "Lord, this isn't what I had dreamed for my life, but I trust You are at work & will use me in the situation I am in.", then I believe we will see God working in amazing ways, & we will see that we really are in plan A.

Upvote 0