Jul 13, 2010
North Dakota
✟15,140.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I apoligize because this is going to be long.:sorry:

When I was about 20 or 21 I was rebelling against God and drinking and partying a lot. I wasn't going to church and I spent every weekend partying and even sometimes during the week. This was the time in my life that I was the farthest from God. Then one night after partying my friend did something so selfish and almost got us all killed and I realized that my so called "best friend" actually didnt' care about me at all and was just bringing me down in everything we did together. The next day I sat down with him and told him that I would no longer be hanging out with him or having anything to do with him because he was bringing me down.

After this I started to clean up my life a little. About this time in my life I started having dreams that I could fly. They were always very vivid dreams and sometimes it would take me awhile after waking to realize it was a dream. Sometimes in my dreams I would fly like superman and in others I would hover over things like a river in order to get across. The strange thing in every dream was that I was afraid of going too high, so I never flew more then 50 ft or so above the ground. My wife and I started going to the Nazarene church at the beginning of this year and we have gotten our lives back on track and given them back to God. We are both involved in the church a lot and try and stay in Gods word. Since we have started going back to church I have only had one flying dream. The last flying dream I had was the week before I went to our Nazarene district family camp. I dreamt that something bad had happened the night before and I was being accused of it. I couldn't remember what had happend the night before, but I knew that I wasn't drinking or anything it was like my memory was gone. So I was trying to figure out what was happening so I went outside were no one could see me and I started to hover and I got to about rooftop high and then I started flying around trying to clear my name.

I never thought much of these dreams until I went to family camp.

The first night at family camp the service was wonderful. The Holy Spirits presense was all over that building and when we were praying at the end I could really feel him. While I was praying with my eyes closed I saw a vision of Jesus reaching down from heaven with his hand extended towards me. I really didn't see his face, because what was the most vivid object in the vision was the outstretched hand. I then saw myself flying close to the ground just like in all my dreams close to the ground afraid to go high. I then flew straight up in the air and at that moment I felt the Holy Spirit fill me with so much force that I almost fell over backwards onto the pew. I have never felt the Holy Spirit be so overwhelming in my entire life. I felt as though I was almost going to be lifted into the air.

After the service I felt great, but I had this feeling as though I held back something. I am also not sure what these dreams and this vision mean.

I am thinking that it is God telling me not to be afraid to give my whole self to him but I am not sure.

What do you think it means for me?

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I too used to have dreams about flying or rather hovering, especially up and down staircases for some reason. Haven't had one for many years now and your experience made me wonder why not? I think these happened shortly after I became saved and Spirit filled.

All I can suggest is that this is something to do with being closer to God and being filled with the Holy Spirit, which as a new Christian or recently returned one can be very intense. Unfortunately we don't always maintain that intensity which is powerful enough to sweep us off our feet. Life and the world get in the way.

The bible says that 'we shall one day meet Him in the air', and without wanting to sound flippant about it, perhaps the Holy Spirit is that supernatural jetpack or rocket boots that will one day enable this to happen.

I hope so, soon. WOW! Can't wait to fly again.

Upvote 0

GaryP

Apr 28, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
When you said you were the farthest, you were actually, the closest to God.

So during a Family Camp a hand reaches out to you. But you can not see the image's

face. But you somehow know its Jesus' hand. So were you afraid of the hand or the

fact that you could not see it's face? You would think that if Jesus held out his hand,

you would grasp it. But you did not. Instead you flew into the air and felt good about

it. It is said that Lucifer could only fly very low to the ground. The planet Venus or

the bright and morning star, is always seen low in the horizon, and the ancients beleived

that it was a fallen angel, who could never fly across the sky like the other stars.

Could never make it high enough to get into heaven. So my question is, did you

refuse the hand of Jesus or were you smart enough to never take the hand of

something you do not know ( no face ). Was the joyfulness you felt, a decoy or the

real thing. So lets test it. Mark 15:38 The Temple Curtain is Torn, That means it is

open. The Temple of the Father in Heaven is open. GO IN. or be afraid of heights.

the steps are 51 feet high.

Upvote 0

NachoND

Jul 13, 2010
North Dakota
✟15,140.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Wow!!!!

I was closest to God when I was deepest in sin Huh???? LOL

I didn't refuse the hand of Jesus...I flew up towards it.

Do you know what Jesus looks like? No you don't....do you think he looks like the paintings in old churchs....I am guessing no.

Jesus said blessed are those who don't see me and believe, so maybe that is why I didn't see his face very clearly.

Upvote 0