Visit site
✟17,849.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I voted today around 11am.. after the morning rush of people going to work.. made for quick in and out at the polls. I usually spend every election evening in front of the TV watching all the stats come in.. I'm missing out on all the fun.. working til midnight tonight :(

Will be watching on foxnews.com

Carina

Upvote 0

Dark Angel

Oct 28, 2004
Delaware
✟202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Did you ever wish you could vote for a certain candidate or on a certain issue? Did you ever wish you could at least sign a petition? In my weaker moments, I have. I would like to contribute my voice in the defeat of certain measures and candidates. However, voting and signing are such meager things for us to do. Even lobbying voters is a flimsy, short-term effort. As a heavenly citizen, I would be misdirecting my efforts if I were to involve myself in these things. Furthermore, I believe I would be violating my heavenly charter, "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God . . ." (2 Corinthians 10:4).

I can no more vote in Oregon than Walter Mondale can vote in Japan. Mr. Mondale is not a citizen of Japan, he is only a resident. Not only that, Mr. Mondale represents a foreign power--he is the U.S. ambassador there. It would be quite indecorous for him to get involved in local politics . . . and he would likely lose his ambassadorship. Not only am I a foreigner living in Oregon, I represent a foreign power! "Now then we are ambassadors for Christ . . ." (2 Corinthians 5:20). I would be very out-of-line getting involved in local politics . . . and would do so at my own peril.

So what is the stewardship to which I referred at the beginning? Our ambassadorship. Just because I don't vote doesn't mean I should not be involved in the civic affairs of this state and this nation. In fact, I now see that for me to totally distance myself from local politics is a gross dereliction of duty. My duty is to pray, and through faith, to join the elite group who "subdued kingdoms" (Hebrews 11:33). Part of my assignment here is to perceive where the Enemy is trying to gain ground in the affairs of men . . . and then fight him there. So I believe that God expects that we raly to the battle to be waged this coming Tuesday. We must pray with vim and vigor, with zeal and faith, with tenacity and persistence to defeat the expanding unrighteousness in this state and country. I believe God wants me to pray (not vote, not put up signs, not lobby voters) against the anti-Biblical measures the voters of this state will face soon. Join me in the fight? Remember your stewardship!

One closing observation. Civic and party leaders and activists tell the citizenry, "Your vote counts! Don't minimize the power of your voice! Be a patriotic citizen!" Well, heavenly ambassadors can access something much more powerful than any vote or combination of votes: "The most High ruleth in the kingdom of men" (Daniel 4:17)!"

- Mark Roth (November 4, 1994)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rural_preacher

Oct 4, 2004
✟1,555.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dark Angel said:
"Did you ever wish you could vote for a certain candidate or on a certain issue? Did you ever wish you could at least sign a petition? In my weaker moments, I have. I would like to contribute my voice in the defeat of certain measures and candidates. However, voting and signing are such meager things for us to do. Even lobbying voters is a flimsy, short-term effort. As a heavenly citizen, I would be misdirecting my efforts if I were to involve myself in these things. Furthermore, I believe I would be violating my heavenly charter, "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God . . ." (2 Corinthians 10:4).

I can no more vote in Oregon than Walter Mondale can vote in Japan. Mr. Mondale is not a citizen of Japan, he is only a resident. Not only that, Mr. Mondale represents a foreign power--he is the U.S. ambassador there. It would be quite indecorous for him to get involved in local politics . . . and he would likely lose his ambassadorship. Not only am I a foreigner living in Oregon, I represent a foreign power! "Now then we are ambassadors for Christ . . ." (2 Corinthians 5:20). I would be very out-of-line getting involved in local politics . . . and would do so at my own peril.

So what is the stewardship to which I referred at the beginning? Our ambassadorship. Just because I don't vote doesn't mean I should not be involved in the civic affairs of this state and this nation. In fact, I now see that for me to totally distance myself from local politics is a gross dereliction of duty. My duty is to pray, and through faith, to join the elite group who "subdued kingdoms" (Hebrews 11:33). Part of my assignment here is to perceive where the Enemy is trying to gain ground in the affairs of men . . . and then fight him there. So I believe that God expects that we raly to the battle to be waged this coming Tuesday. We must pray with vim and vigor, with zeal and faith, with tenacity and persistence to defeat the expanding unrighteousness in this state and country. I believe God wants me to pray (not vote, not put up signs, not lobby voters) against the anti-Biblical measures the voters of this state will face soon. Join me in the fight? Remember your stewardship!

One closing observation. Civic and party leaders and activists tell the citizenry, "Your vote counts! Don't minimize the power of your voice! Be a patriotic citizen!" Well, heavenly ambassadors can access something much more powerful than any vote or combination of votes: "The most High ruleth in the kingdom of men" (Daniel 4:17)!"

- Mark Roth (November 4, 1994)
There was once a man on a ship who accidentally fell overboard. He screamed for help and drew the attention of the other sailors. These sailors were all God-fearing men. Some who saw the drowning man said, "We must pray that God will save him. If it is God's will for him to be saved, he will be saved."

Some others said, "Perhaps it is God's will that we save him." As they prayed, they threw out a life line and pulled the man to safety.

Yes, I prayed fervently for this election...and I voted. Perhaps it was God's will that my vote make a difference.

I have dual citizenship - heaven and the U.S. God expects me to be a proper steward of both.

Reactions: Cright
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.