Donald Trump Jr Met With The Russians And Oops I Just Yawned

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Just as an FYI ...

Alan Dershowitz - Wikipedia
Alan Morton Dershowitz (born September 1, 1938) is an American lawyer, jurist, and author. He is a prominent scholar on United States constitutional law and criminal law, and a leading defender of civil liberties. He spent most of his career at Harvard Law School where in 1967, at the age of 28, he became the youngest full professor of law in its history.

His credentials only make his error all the more embarrassing.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,764,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Didn't happen.

But it did. This is like a guy who arranges to meet someone with cocaine in order to get some, but when he gets there, the person just has sugar. The intent was still there.

And how do we know he got nothing? We have been lied to so much. They denied any Russian contacts.....and the contacts just keep trickling out.

Isn't that what Don Jr did already? :scratch:
No, he knew the New York Times was going to publish them and is attempting to show transparency and imply the contact was okay. He was vehemently denying Russian contacts while he was in contact with someone he saw as a Russian agent, and kept it up for months and months.

And there is more to be known besides the emails as there were phone calls referred to in the emails.

And Kushner is the one in deep trouble because AGAIN he did not put the contact with a Russian agent who needed an interpreter on the form he filled out for his security clearance.
Jared Kushner is under fire as all eyes turn to the only White House adviser in on the Trump Jr. meeting with a Russian lawyer

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
But it did. This is like a guy who arranges to meet someone with cocaine in order to get some, but when he gets there, the person just has sugar. The intent was still there.
Yet, when law enforcement wants to arrest someone they always wait until the money is provided.

Why do you suppose that is?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yet, when law enforcement wants to arrest someone they always wait until the money is provided.

You've been watching too many cop shows.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,764,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

But did Trump get information or not? The emails show there was other contact.
It is a stunning show of ignorance of federal law (and of scruples imho) that Trump, Jr., Kushner and Mannafort went to that meeting.

Mueller is looking into it.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

For the same reason that even if they have every bit of evidence showing guilt, they want a confession. It is another piece of evidence that can be used in court. I promise you if the person showed up penniless, he'd still be arrested.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I just don't get how people are now still berating us for saying there was a Russia connection. If you want to say it was legal, fine, but you lost the "it didn't happen" game and now we're onto the "it was legal" game.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I just don't get how people are now still berating us for saying there was a Russia connection. If you want to say it was legal, fine, but you lost the "it didn't happen" game and now we're onto the "it was legal" game.
Then, we can all look forward to the special prosecutor ... well, prosecuting.

large.gif

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Then, we can all look forward to the special prosecutor ... well, prosecuting.

It may not have been illegal. That's fine. I kind of wish it was, but if it wasn't then we better all brace for what's going to happen when foreign intelligence agencies pick sides and help the one they want.

Trump still won and would have won without any outside interference. I got nervous the minute Hillary was nominated but did believe that PA, MA, and WI would go blue. Didn't happen. But it is still looking like the Trump campaign was ready to accept help from a foreign nation in order to win.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟918,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What is the grey area?
Hear no evil? Is that monkey with his ears covered by his hands now part of American law?

Perhaps you should wait to hear back from the person qualified to respond to questions on US law like I am?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟517,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

False. It is false "they always until the money is provided." Do you know how many drug cases I have personally filed and/or prosecuted when no exchange of money occurred? Many. I have successfully prosecuted attempted possession, in which no money was exchanged/provided, conspiracy to deal, in which no money was exchanged/provided, and law enforcement has conducted arrests for both, despite the fact no money was exchanged and/or provided.

You attempt to argue by example, offering a parallel instance of no money provided/exchanged (parallel to no exchange of information/no information provided), but this does not absolve Trump Jr. of any potential criminal wrongdoing, as a crime can still be committed without any exchange or information, without Trump Jr receiving or provided with information, just as arrests and successful prosecution of drug offense can and do occur in the absence of any exchange of money.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
False. It is false "they always until the money is provided." Do you know how many drug cases I have personally filed and/or prosecuted when no exchange of money occurred? Many. I have successfully prosecuted attempted possession, in which no money was exchanged/provided, conspiracy to deal, in which no money was exchanged/provided, and law enforcement has conducted arrests for both, despite the fact no money was exchanged and/or provided.
... and how many of those have you won against the buyer when no money was offered, no solicitation was made by the buyer and no agreement was entered into?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Question: If Trump (Sr.) was his own senior advisor, how did he not know about this meeting until a week ago?

If Trump, Jr., Kuchner and Mannafort took the meeting, without telling Trump, Sr. in an attempt to insulate him, and give plausible deniability, isn't obvious they knew they were skirting ethically questionable, if not illegal activity, and proceeded anyway?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There's a case, it's just hard to predict the outcome.
Hmm ...

Consider this then. The laws of probability may be stacked against prosecution when even the most ardent devotees for prosecution admit that there is no clear violation of law.

Upvote 0