"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Scripture teaches that God restored Israel in the first century AD. He called the remnant from all twelve tribes of Old Covenant Israel before destroying her for her harlotry in AD 70.

The remnant formed the foundation of the New Covenant church which was being built up into a living temple with Jesus as the Chief Cornerstone. The New Covenant age is eternal. It is therefore misleading and dangerous for a pastor to preach the continuation of a dead covenant and a hope outside of Christ. The only way to Christ is through the New Covenant.
I am not a follower of Hagee so I don't know all that he teaches, but most Christians I know believe God has called the Jews back to Israel and that the elect among them will accept Jesus Christ.

Personally I do not believe that faithful Jews throughout the Christian era will be lost.

Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not a follower of Hagee so I don't know all that he teaches, but most Christians I know believe God has called the Jews back to Israel and that the elect among them will accept Jesus Christ.

Personally I do not believe that faithful Jews throughout the Christian era will be lost.

Please define 'faithful Jews.'

Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haven't looked at it that closely but I suppose it would include those who believe the OT and practise their faith within the constraints placed upon them.

I don't see how that's possible since their covenant has ended. Jesus told His disciples that the end of that age would occur before that generation passed away.

For almost two thousand years they have been unable to keep the Mosaic Law. The modern futurist view actually leaves them with no hope at all.

Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

What right does anyone have telling Jews that they don't need to obey the gospel?

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see how that's possible since their covenant has ended. Jesus told His disciples that the end of that age would occur before that generation passed away.

For almost two thousand years they have been unable to keep the Mosaic Law. The modern futurist view actually leaves them with no hope at all.

Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

What right does anyone have telling Jews that they don't need to obey the gospel?
So you would say all those Jews who have faithfully tried to follow the OT during the Christian era have all gone to hell?

Faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to know God in His fullness, but He has made a way for others to be saved. Some are even judged by their good works (Mat 25:31-46).

Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you would say all those Jews who have faithfully tried to follow the OT during the Christian era have all gone to hell?

I will leave that up to God. I believe Scripture says the Old Covenant age came to an end when not one stone was left upon another. So, I don't see how anyone could have followed something that hasn't existed since AD 70.

Faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to know God in His fullness, but He has made a way for others to be saved. Some are even judged by their good works (Mat 25:31-46).

I'm not familiar with a gospel in which people are saved by their works.

Upvote 0