Oregon
✟773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've actually thought of that Left Behind: The Kids could be turn into a TV Series. It would work well episodically, even better than try to cram them into movies.

It would follow the books closely, even if some things would require some changes or some things expanded on. We might see each of the kids background before the Rapture. We might see more of the Global Community Middle School. We might get to see Chaya Stein talking with Tom just before the Rapture. We might see John Preston getting drafted to the GC Navy and talking with Carl Menninger. We might even get to see Natalie Bishop trying to talk with Claudia Zander about God.

Then of course there are some things to be concerned about, like the stereotype depictions of African-Americans, Jews, Chinese, Middle Eastern, Native Americans, Hispanics, etc.

If Dallas Jenkins and Randy LaHaye have any involvement, it would certainly be a plus!

Do you think a Left Behind: The Kids TV Series could be done? Any ideas for what could be expanded on? Is there anything you might be concern about?

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've actually thought of that Left Behind: The Kids could be turn into a TV Series. It would work well episodically, even better than try to cram them into movies.

It would follow the books closely, even if some things would require some changes or some things expanded on. We might see each of the kids background before the Rapture. We might see more of the Global Community Middle School. We might get to see Chaya Stein talking with Tom just before the Rapture. We might see John Preston getting drafted to the GC Navy and talking with Carl Menninger. We might even get to see Natalie Bishop trying to talk with Claudia Zander about God.

Then of course there are some things to be concerned about, like the stereotype depictions of African-Americans, Jews, Chinese, Middle Eastern, Native Americans, Hispanics, etc.

If Dallas Jenkins and Randy LaHaye have any involvement, it would certainly be a plus!

Do you think a Left Behind: The Kids TV Series could be done? Any ideas for what could be expanded on? Is there anything you might be concern about?
The left behind series is fiction ... if a TV series was based on it ... it would be fiction ... study the bible with your kids.

Upvote 0

jas3

Jan 21, 2023
Southeast
✟23,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Probably not going to happen, for a few reasons:
  • There have been several attempts at Left Behind (main series) movies, and they've generally been unsuccessful
  • In large part this is because the heyday of the Left Behind series was in the 90's-2000's
  • The kids' series was less popular than the main series and was aimed at very young readers (I remember trying to read the first of the kids' series in middle school when I was reading the main series and lost interest because it was too childish).
The first of these points is probably the biggest problem for a potential TV show. The movies tried to cram an epic-length book series several times longer than War and Peace into a few hours and predictably failed, so no studio is going to try a similar thing with the spinoff series.

Out of curiosity, did the kids' series make it all the way to the Second Coming? From what I remember they were fairly slow-paced and very short books.

Upvote 0
Feb 26, 2024
Oregon
✟773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Out of curiosity, did the kids' series make it all the way to the Second Coming? From what I remember they were fairly slow-paced and very short books.
Yes, I think the kids series did make it all way to the Second Coming? There are like 40 books in the series, though I think there is a compilation called the Young Trib Force, which are 12 books, like the adult ones are.

Reactions: jas3
Upvote 0