pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am 22 years old. This year I found out I have a noncancerous growth on my pituitary gland that produces excess hormones that make my body go out of whack. I am already starting to feel the effects of the cyst, and I worry it will not get any better. There is medication for it, but I may not be able to tolerate it. You can see my frustration!

I am sad because I do not feel close to God at all anymore. I got a new job and it is wearing me out physically as it is mentally. I am thinking about quitting so I can focus on my health and getting myself pointed in the right direction.

I worry that my time is up. All I have ever wanted to do with my life is to bring people to God, to share the good news and see someone turn to salvation. With my new health issues and worsening anxiety problems, I feel everyday this dream is slipping further and further away from me. Does God still have plans for me? Can He still be close to me and work through me?

I am sad about this.

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I'm surrounded by loved ones who are battling cancer
and they are still fighting the good fight and sharing
the Good News of the Gospel... most of them are stage 4
cancer. To see them in church, attending bible study groups
and going on outings is a joy to behold.
Me and my husband do pastoral care and we love spending
time with all the ones we have on our list to visit.

Just so you know...
my husband and myself are in pain daily.
I have an injured back and he's an amputee...he
lost his leg due to accident at work in Nov. of 2009.
He also teaches men's bible study on Thursdays and
has two prayer partners.

No matter what comes, we hold to the Lord and His
promises. We are "lights" in this dark world, we let
The Light shine whether we are out visiting others,
at the doctor's office, in the hospital etc.

God isn't far from any of us who are suffering...
1 Peter 1:3-11
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season,
if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am 22 years old. This year I found out I have a noncancerous growth on my pituitary gland that produces excess hormones that make my body go out of whack. I am already starting to feel the effects of the cyst, and I worry it will not get any better. There is medication for it, but I may not be able to tolerate it. You can see my frustration!

I am sad because I do not feel close to God at all anymore. I got a new job and it is wearing me out physically as it is mentally. I am thinking about quitting so I can focus on my health and getting myself pointed in the right direction.

I worry that my time is up. All I have ever wanted to do with my life is to bring people to God, to share the good news and see someone turn to salvation. With my new health issues and worsening anxiety problems, I feel everyday this dream is slipping further and further away from me. Does God still have plans for me? Can He still be close to me and work through me?

I am sad about this.

I am sad to hear of your growth trouble and health problems, friend. One thing all Christians can know is that we have a NEW body in Christ --note Job 19:26 and Phil. 3:21. The old body by nature will fail but we can have the new body for eternity in Jesus Christ. Hold fast to Him in faith, and make Him your best Friend; then whatever is your lot in this world you can praise the Lord and exalt Him before others til you go to Christ forever. Look up, for God cares!

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I am sad about this.

18 years ago i was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and the prognosis was that i'd be dead in 6 months. the cancer i had did not respond to chemo or radiation (or other 'treatments'), so the doctors sent me home to die. i didn't understand the gospel then, i had been taught it was primarily missing hell, but that God might choose to not heal me; and since i wasn't a 'model Christian' by any means, i figured i'd likely die and stand before the Lord soon - i decided to learn all i could about Him in the time i had left, and i dove into the Bible like my life depended on it. the cancer actually got worse for a time, but within a year i was cancer free (no thanks to modern medicine either) - i haven't been treated by a doctor in 16 years, take no prescription medications, and am healthy - and there's nothing special about me - this is available to everyone!!! i even received healing for a disc injury to my back i had suffered with for years!

i have good news for you! God's plan for you does not include sickness, disease and injuries! His plan for you is that you be satisfied with this life before you go on to the next one!

Deu 28:58-61 KJV
(58) If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD;
(59) Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
(60) Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee.
(61) Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

sickness, disease and injury are part of the curse of the law - but we are redeemed from the curse of the law:

Gal 3:13-14 KJV
(13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
(14) That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Psa 91:14-16 KJV
(14) Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
(15) He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
(16) With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

so if you're not satisfied with life, then you 'time is not up'!

2Pe 1:1-4 KJV
(1) Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
(2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
(3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

it's by God's exceedingly great and precious promises that we become partakers of the divine nature; God's word heals!

Psa 107:20 KJV
(20) He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

the problem is that we tend to focus on what the world and our own bodies tell us instead of what God has told us; the battle for divine health is not in the body; but in the mind.

2Co 10:3-6 KJV
(3) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(4) (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
(5) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
(6) And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
to the obedience of Christ;
(6) And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

i'm not saying you don't have to take good care of your body, that's a key part of fighting off sickness, disease and injury - but healing comes through the Spirit of God inside of you, through your mind, will and emotions to get to your body. if your mind is stayed on what your body and the medical industry is telling you, your will is not set to believe God's word above every other report, and your emotions are ruling over you; then you will find it very difficult to receive the healing that Jesus bought for you at the whipping post - so give God equal time at least - spend as much quality time on His word as you do going to doctors, taking tests, picking up prescriptions - don't forsake the medical industry (unless you know God has told you to), but give God equal time - find out what those 'exceedingly great and precious promises' are, and how to exercise those promises to receive your healing. this will help:

http://moorelife.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/TruthOrTradition.xml (you may have to unlearn some things you've been taught about God - so start with this one
http://www.awmi.net/audio/audio-teachings/#/awm_1036a_atonement.mp3
http://www.awmi.net/audio/audio-teachings/
http://moorelife.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/ReceivingAndMinisteringHealing.xml
http://moorelife.org/listseries.php?xml=rss/ReceivingAndMinisteringHealing2.xml

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes He can still work through you.
As long as you got breath in your body.
Sometimes God creates sabbaths for us as when our body breaks down we can't keep on working and we need time to renew ourselves. So don't feel bad for taking that rest. God Himself rested on the seventh day.

Upvote 0