ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John Macarthur explained this well imho. I will try to summarize in a comprehensible way. God created all in His image, so we all have inherent value and he loves us all since we at the very least emulate him in our attributes. God hates sin and has no sin in him or his kingdom, and he hates sinners, as mentions numerous times in the OT. God loves those whom he has predestined to eternal glory with him in heaven.

So, God loves everyone in a general way, hates those who hate him in another way, and loves those whom he choses in a personal way. So, yes, God hates and God loves. He is God and does as he pleases, but more glory to him!

where is the scriptures to back all this up?

Jesus I know, The FatHer I know, yet i don't know John MacAuthor

Reactions: chrisnu
Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
=gideon army;53733837]Dearly Beloved of our Lord- ozell,

In's Interesting to note that you've Quoted 1st John 2, do you know for a little fact that 1st John 2 was written specifically to the Gnostics? It wasn never meant to be for the Christians or in those days, believers of CHRIST :)

Please do not take my word for it, please research & check it, why? Simple, which Christians who have recieved Christ does not continue Perpetuating into Sins?

Christian will sin as all have sinned?

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

man includes the species(man and woman)
man includes all the human race it does not say chrisitans, Israelites, or any dnomination or race of people.

We needn't 'continue' our path per say to Righteousness, actually the Word of Christ says we ARE RIGHTEOUS already Rom 5:18-19 for it's a Gift & not via Works & it's when we recieved Christ & born again as a New Creation 2 CR 5:7

Paul the apostles waid he was wretched

Job said man is a worm, wher eis man righteousness?

Let Scripture Interpret Scriptures yes?

Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

Above Accounted to abram in the Hebrew is chashab which is :-

(1) to be imputed (2) to think, account (3) to count, reckon

what is righteousness?

Gen 12:12-20 Abram lied about his wife as sister just because he wants
to save his own skin yet our LORD afflicted the king & fought for abram.

Contrast above & following:-

Exodus 20:16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Abraham fell into that catagory.

Israel did not believe God.

Abraham believed God

Gen 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

when you obey God, you believe!!

and it is written

Prov 24:16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.

Upvote 0

AngryKoala

Dec 13, 2009
✟7,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
where is the scriptures to back all this up?

Jesus I know, The FatHer I know, yet i don't know John MacAuthor

I've already quote Scripture in previous posts that state that God hates the wicked. We infer from logic based on Scripture that there is a form of love for all, yet another type of love that is reserved for those who will be saved.

The point I was trying to make to RobertZ was that God is sovereign and it isnt up to us to decide who gets to be saved. That is human arrogance. It is God alone who saves. And that being the case, we can have assurance that he wont screw it up like we would. If you don't believe that God is the one who decides who is saved or not, then there is no hope.

Upvote 0

oneofchrists

Give Me Stength Lord
Sep 9, 2009
Intervale, New Brunswick Canada
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Chuck Darwin! Welcome to the Christian Forums Sir! I trust that this time forward that You will stay on subject and not come onto a thread with more to offer other than criticising the poster and offering no tangible thought other than non-sensability?

Do You have the feeling that God hates some individuals? Do You feel that some souls will ask for forgivness but never be granted it?

I have found that some new posters want to lash out, and I wonder if there are issues that You wish could be addressed, obviously certain chords have been plucked in order for someone such as yourself to come on and Offer this? Have a good and prosperous day and May God bless You in Your endeavors....Dave

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
so its really up to you whether or not you will DO what is required of you rather than believe that you cannot.
This is confusing to me. You tell me that its up to God to save me and then you tell me that I have to choose? I dont know what or who to believe anymore, there is so much contradiction.

Upvote 0

AngryKoala

Dec 13, 2009
✟7,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is confusing to me. You tell me that its up to God to save me and then you tell me that I have to choose? I dont know what or who to believe anymore, there is so much contradiction.

Ok, let's back up then. God is sovereign. We know that. He is ultimately responsible for all things, all salvation, all damnation, all blessing and all calamity. So, sovereignly, he chooses you or he does not. However, we are stuck in this world and live in time. We do not know what God has planned, so to say that you cannot be saved is a fallacy since you are not God and you do not know. Hence, all I'm saying is for now, you must use your will to believe in God and do his commandments. The fact that God has planned everything already should be nothing but assurance that everything doesnt just rely on you, since you are not adequate enough to get to heaven on your own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, let's back up then. God is sovereign. We know that. He is ultimately responsible for all things, all salvation, all damnation, all blessing and all calamity. So, sovereignly, he chooses you or he does not. However, we are stuck in this world and live in time. We do not know what God has planned, so to say that you cannot be saved is a fallacy since you are not God and you do not know. Hence, all I'm saying is for now, you must use your will to believe in God and do his commandments. The fact that God has planned everything already should be nothing but assurance that everything doesnt just rely on you, since you are not adequate enough to get to heaven on your own.

Okay that makes more sense to me, thanks. I also think that perhaps this is what God is possibly trying to show me, that I cant do anything to save myself and the harder I try the more discouraged I become?

Perhaps I rely on feelings far to much as well and its possible that satan is manipulating my emotions and feelings since he knows this is a weakness for me.

Upvote 0

AngryKoala

Dec 13, 2009
✟7,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Alright. And once you come to the understanding that salvation is not of you but of God, then you can do what he commands, which is to accept him as Lord. Once you do that, then Christ has forgiven you sins and you are free to follow his commands without any burden of doubt!

Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've already quote Scripture in previous posts that state that God hates the wicked. We infer from logic based on Scripture that there is a form of love for all, yet another type of love that is reserved for those who will be saved.

The point I was trying to make to RobertS was that God is sovereign and it isnt up to us to decide who gets to be saved. That is human arrogance. It is God alone who saves. And that being the case, we can have assurance that he wont screw it up like we would. If you don't believe that God is the one who decides who is saved or not, then there is no hope.

It is up to us whether we will be saved or not, IT IS IN OUR HANDS.

Jesus is the one who will do the saving, but it is up to us to decide if we will allow him to save us.

Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Upvote 0

oneofchrists

Give Me Stength Lord
Sep 9, 2009
Intervale, New Brunswick Canada
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He speaks of Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, and I and many more have Him in our Prayers so that He will come to this saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and assure Him that He has not committed the unpardonable sin...God Bless all of You in Helping Robert, His Heart is truly what God loves He needs convincing that is all ...in Christian Love... Dave

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is up to us whether we will be saved or not, IT IS IN OUR HANDS.

Jesus is the one who will do the saving, but it is up to us to decide if we will allow him to save us.

Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

From my understanding we are DEAD in our sins and tresspasses so how can a dead person make the decision to be saved? I dont really think that they can unless God first enables that person to come to saving faith in his Son.

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
From my understanding we are DEAD in our sins and tresspasses so how can a dead person make the decision to be saved? I dont really think that they can unless God first enables that person to come to saving faith in his Son.

:amen:

Upvote 0

AngryKoala

Dec 13, 2009
✟7,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Indeed if its up to us...well...we're screwed.

RobertZ, I've always thought of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as turning away from God in a way that cannot be taken back. However, those who have committed such a sin are showing fruit of it. Those who love wickedness, who hate God actively and try to destroy any part of Him that shows in the world are the ones I would be looking at...not you sir. However, even Paul was saved out of such a life. So again, I will reiterate, that if you believe, that is willfully accept Christ as Lord of your life, you will be saved and you will not have committed blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Peter made this statement long after Jesus Jesus death and resurrection correct?

what sins are we dead in?

check out this verse by Paul and tell me your understanding

through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God

now tie it in to what Paul said here.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

what sins are remmtitted?

we can sin wilfully are we receive the truth?

Now lets to another witness concerning saving yourself.

Paul said

Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

How?

yet we see its in our own hands according to Paul and Peter.

Remember you are reading this

Upvote 0