ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christendom repeatedly say things like, "God loves us all so much that He will save us all"; or "He hates the sin, but loves the sinner"; or "God is love, and will not send anyone to hell."

Christendom teaches that God is so full of love, and that He simply cannot send anyone to eternal hell fire. It is against His infinite love.

They want God to forgive all, even those who openly reject Him and die cursing God. I must admit, it is nice to think of God's love being so infinitely great that all will ultimately be saved.

The Lake of Fire (Hell) is a terrible place and I don't want anyone to go there, but it does not matter what I think. All that matters is what the Bible says. God is love:

(1John:4:8), but God also punishes the sinner and hates all who do iniquity.

God is not one sided.

He is not simply an infinitely loving

God. He is also infinitely just. He must deal with sin. He must punish the sinner. He cannot lie:

(Titus1:2) "which God, that cannot lie," In the truth of God's word, we find that the Lord has provided one way by which we may be saved.

That single way is through Jesus' sacrifice. For all who trust in Him, and do His commandments, salvation will come. But to those who turn away, God's wrath abides upon them:

(John 3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does God hate anyone?

The answer is yes.

(Psalm 5:5) The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

(Psalm11:5) The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

(Lev.20:23) "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them."

(Prov 6:16-19) (v.16) These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him

(v.17) A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

(v.18) An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

(v.19) A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

(Hosea 9:15) All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are these verses hard to read? Do they make you feel uncomfortable? They should.

God hates sin. But, he does not punish sin. He punishes the sinner.

Sin cannot be tied up and thrown into a fire.

It cannot be put in a box or glued to a stick.

It is rebellion.

It is rebellion in the heart!

It is breaking God's Law.

Sin occurs inside the heart which is the mind of people. Therefore, God must punish the sinner.

(Is.26:21) "For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity:"

Why?

Because He is both Holy and Just and the person who sins offends God.

God's Holy and Just character will not allow Him to ignore this offense.

Remember that: (Num.23:19) "God is not a man, that he should lie;"

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christendom repeatedly say things like, "God loves us all so much that He will save us all"; or "He hates the sin, but loves the sinner"; or "God is love, and will not send anyone to hell."

Christendom teaches that God is so full of love, and that He simply cannot send anyone to eternal hell fire. It is against His infinite love.

They want God to forgive all, even those who openly reject Him and die cursing God. I must admit, it is nice to think of God's love being so infinitely great that all will ultimately be saved.

The Lake of Fire (Hell) is a terrible place and I don't want anyone to go there, but it does not matter what I think. All that matters is what the Bible says. God is love:

(1John:4:8), but God also punishes the sinner and hates all who do iniquity.

God is not one sided.

He is not simply an infinitely loving

God. He is also infinitely just. He must deal with sin. He must punish the sinner. He cannot lie:

(Titus1:2) "which God, that cannot lie," In the truth of God's word, we find that the Lord has provided one way by which we may be saved.

That single way is through Jesus' sacrifice. For all who trust in Him, and do His commandments, salvation will come. But to those who turn away, God's wrath abides upon them:

(John 3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

I believe that God loves everyone but, everyone does not love him and you must have a personal relationship to enter the kingdom.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Obviously God does not love everyone. Scripture says over and over that there are those God hates. He doesn't hate them because of who they are, but because of their detestable practices. If they would turn from those practices and turn to God He wouldn't hate them.

Upvote 0

oneofchrists

Give Me Stength Lord
Sep 9, 2009
Intervale, New Brunswick Canada
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
:wave:I was always taught that God loves the sinner but hates the Sin,

Are we not to love the sinner but hate the sin?

Are we not directed by God to Love Him and put Him first in all that we say, think or do?

Are we not to emulate Christ, that is to Love God with all of our heart ,all of our soul, and all of our mind? and secondly , Love our neighbor as ourselves?

If Christ directed us to Love our nieghbor as ourselves, does this not mean that We are to live by His example?

How how can God really Hate His created ? is not Hate Sin? God Bless You all Brothers and Sisters in Christ....Dave:prayer::wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yeah its hard for me to read the bible, because i see myself in such harse judgement with the words, but i stay patient and look and see that the Lord has made me a new person, one now that i see is ready for heaven. God bless.

The Loed says man can do anthing if he knew how

Gen 11v
1: And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
2: And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3: And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4: And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5: And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6: And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Do what the Lord says.

God Bless

Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:wave:I was always taught that God loves the sinner but hates the Sin,

Are we not to love the sinner but hate the sin?

Are we not directed by God to Love Him and put Him first in all that we say, think or do?

Are we not to emulate Christ, that is to Love God with all of our heart ,all of our soul, and all of our mind? and secondly , Love our neighbor as ourselves?

If Christ directed us to Love our nieghbor as ourselves, does this not mean that We are to live by His example?

How how can God really Hate His created ? is not Hate Sin? God Bless You all Brothers and Sisters in Christ....Dave:prayer::wave:

Thanks for responding :wave::)

Lets head back to the beginning of the creation and take a look.

Gen 6v1: And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2: That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3: And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4: There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare
children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5: And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

****6: And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.****

7: And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8: But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9: These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

10: And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11: The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

why was the Lord grieved?

why did the Lord repent?

what did man do for this to happen?

what did the Lord destroy?

why not destroy the one who is behind the sinner?

Satan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've done some things in my life that I believe would have made me not look Good in the Eyes of God but, I am thankful that I serve a God that Loves Me and Works With Me. Stay Blessed!

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

:amen:

we all have!! this is why we repent,

this is why the Lord had this verse written by John long after he died and rose and the NEW COVENANT was well in force,

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous::amen:

this is a very powerful verse for us who try to walk right in the sight of our God.

we know and He know we will fall so he left this verse to help us get up and CONTINUE the walk of righteousness.

continue your path to righteousness this is what sanctify(separate us from the wicked)

peace in the mighty name of Jesus:wave:

Upvote 0

oneofchrists

Give Me Stength Lord
Sep 9, 2009
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Ozell ! How are You ? You know that It is not My intention to critisise Your post but I will say that I find it depressing; as I have always felt, as this is what I was taught that God is Love and Gods word is truth, and that We should always love others as He has loved us .

Especially at this time of Year , with peace and good will for all mankind more love than ever should be evident from all of us who know Christ in a personal way!....Your Scriptures are the word of God and indeed truth as God cannot lie but....He desirees all to ome to Him how can He hate his own?....Can we hate our own children ?, no matter what they have become or what they do we still love them, so ....as for Me and My household and all the friends that I know in Christ WE serve a risen Savior that Loves us and instills in us the love and compassion for others even those who hate us, for they require our prayers even more than the saved...God Bless You Sir and to You and Yours....Dave

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The question is vague in it's nature, but we know from the Word of God that He does not love everyone, because unbelievers, not there sins, are destined to the wrath of God. Your sins don't burn up in hell, nor were your sins crucified. Unbelievers will burn in hell and it was Jesus that was crucified. God loves his family, but His family, does not include unbelievers.

Upvote 0

oneofchrists

Give Me Stength Lord
Sep 9, 2009
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Steve! for God so loved the World, (meaning His creation); that He gave his only begotten son, (Jesus) that whosoever (Us) believeth in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16

For God did not send His son into the world to condem the world, but to save the world through Him. John 3:17

If God Hated His Creation why did He send His only begotten son to save us from condemnation? If God so hates the unsaved why did He even bother?

Does God instantly unhate someone when He or she comes on bended knee and clasped hands, begging forgiveness from their wretched depraved condition?

I know full well that all are condemed who do not seek Him and repent of their transgressions, and This breaks My heart for the souls in My immediate little portion of His vinyard . So knowing the fate of the unsaved causes My heart to break and causes my eyes to weep , How much more does My savior weep for the lost of this World. I feel that the rivers and lakes and oceans could not contain the tears that God has shed for His own since the begining of His Creation.

Brother Steve; I don't call that Hate, I call that compassion and Love, a Love that We cannot conceive of as sinners and as His own, We can only imagine what that Love is truly like. God Bless You Brother in Christ and all who read this post....Dave

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Brother Steve; I don't call that Hate, I call that compassion and Love, a Love that We cannot conceive of as sinners and as His own, We can only imagine what that Love is truly like. God Bless You Brother in Christ and all who read this post....Dave

I never once mentioned the word HATE in my post, so you must be reading something that I didn't write.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Steve! for God so loved the World, (meaning His creation); that He gave his only begotten son, (Jesus) that whosoever (Us) believeth in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life! John 3:16

For God did not send His son into the world to condem the world, but to save the world through Him. John 3:17

Jesus died for all the sins of those who believe on Him, who are scattered through out the world, but the unbelievers in the world, are going to perish in the consuming fire of hell.

Upvote 0

ozell

Jun 28, 2007
chicago il
✟5,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ozell ! How are You ? You know that It is not My intention to critisise Your post but I will say that I find it depressing; as I have always felt, as this is what I was taught that God is Love and Gods word is truth, and that We should always love others as He has loved us .

Especially at this time of Year , with peace and good will for all mankind more love than ever should be evident from all of us who know Christ in a personal way!....Your Scriptures are the word of God and indeed truth as God cannot lie but....He desirees all to ome to Him how can He hate his own?....Can we hate our own children ?, no matter what they have become or what they do we still love them, so ....as for Me and My household and all the friends that I know in Christ WE serve a risen Savior that Loves us and instills in us the love and compassion for others even those who hate us, for they require our prayers even more than the saved...God Bless You Sir and to You and Yours....Dave

Brother Dave

thanks for reponding

God is Love

but there is a side of him that gets angry also.

This I hope you understand, this is what I want you to understand.

the wicked cares not for God's love or yours, think about this saying.

how do you feel about the other side of Jesus.

Keep in mind brother Dave I put the verses to back up the topic.

so who words are these? mine or Jesus

again thanks for responding and lets continue talking whether you agree or not.

Peace in Jesus

Upvote 0

AngryKoala

Dec 13, 2009
✟7,710.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
John Macarthur explained this well imho. I will try to summarize in a comprehensible way. God created all in His image, so we all have inherent value and he loves us all since we at the very least emulate him in our attributes. God hates sin and has no sin in him or his kingdom, and he hates sinners, as mentions numerous times in the OT. God loves those whom he has predestined to eternal glory with him in heaven.

So, God loves everyone in a general way, hates those who hate him in another way, and loves those whom he choses in a personal way. So, yes, God hates and God loves. He is God and does as he pleases, but more glory to him!

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
John 3:19 - 21 "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through GOD."

We have to start looking at the evil within us, not the evil that existed before we began walking in the light of truth (JESUS). When we begin to compare our evil ways to GOD's righteousness and are sorrowful for what we've done and repent from it we are all being guided into the truth. The word seems harsh and judgemental because we do not want to come into the light. Little by little we are being brought into the light as we walk in the spirit. GOD chastens those HE loves, if you are being chasened by HIS WORD you are growing spiritually. Don't decieve yourselves into believing that you are complete in your chastening, GOD is the one who will decide that. Continue to walk in the TRUTH so that you can expose the darkness and be completely full of LIGHT.

May GOD BLESS!

Upvote 0