Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mark 1:15, John 19:28. The Saviour of all men! Maybe you should repent(change your mind) and believe the gospel!

Now you are telling me to do something for salvation? Surely not. Remember, there is nothing I can do for my salvation. Many on this forum will tell you this.

Besides, what you said has nothing to do with Jesus abolishing the law.

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now you are telling me to do something for salvation? Surely not. Remember, there is nothing I can do for my salvation. Many on this forum will tell you this.
No it is not what you or I have done, but what Jesus Christ did(Titus 3:5). I really do not care what many on this forum tell me, it is what God's word tells me, and that my friend is all that really matters!

Besides, what you said has nothing to do with Jesus abolishing the law.
Then you have not read Ephesians 2:15, or you have and not understood it at the time that you did read it. You may also read it in Colossians 2:14.

Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Jesus defined repentance for us. Jesus said the Ninevites will rise up in Judgment against this generation because they repented at the preaching of Jonah (Matthew 12:41). If you were to turn to Jonah 3:6-10, you would see that the King of the Ninevites told the people to:

(a) Cry out to God (i.e. Admit their sinful condition in a Godly way or confess their sin) and
(b) Turn away from their wicked ways (Forsake their sin)​

God noticed that they turned from their evil or wickedness and God had then turned away from bringing judgment or wrath He was going to bring upon them originally. This truth is confirmed elsewhere in the Bible. Proverbs 28:13 says he that confesses and forsakes sin shall have mercy. 1 John 1:9 says if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. 1 John 1:7 says if we walk in the light as he is in the light, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin (Which is another way of saying a person is forsaking their sin because they are walking uprightly or walking in the light - Also see 1 John 2:3-6).

You may also look at 1 John 3:8-9. Brother I am born of God and not of the devil!

Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You may also look at 1 John 3:8-9. Brother I am born of God and not of the devil!
You may also read where you are blinded in the reading of the OT(2 Corinthians 3:13-15). And who was it that gave the law, was it Moses(John 1:17).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you have not read Ephesians 2:15, or you have and not understood it at the time that you did read it. You may also read it in Colossians 2:14.

It's amazing how many boast of their understanding.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You may also read where you are blinded in the reading of the OT(2 Corinthians 3:13-15). And who was it that gave the law, was it Moses(John 1:17).

So those who don't believe as you do, nor have your understanding, are blind, huh?

Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So those who don't believe as you do, nor have your understanding, are blind, huh?
For the blind lead the blind and they both fall into the ditch(Matthew 15:14). 2 Peter 1:9. But Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour saved everyone(1 Timothy 4:10) and you can believe that or not, for it is the Word of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

1 John 3:7 says he that does righteousness is righteous. 1 John 3:7 says not to be deceived on this matter.

1 John 3:8 says he that commits sin is of the devil. Are you committing sin or righteousness?

1 John 3:10 says he that DOES NOT righteousness (or does not love his brother) is not of God. Do you believe you can not do righteousness and not love your brother and be of God? If you do, then you are in direction violation of 1 John 3:10.

Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 3:7 says he that does righteousness is righteous. 1 John 3:7 says not to be deceived on this matter.

1 John 3:8 says he that commits sin is of the devil. Are you committing sin or righteousness?

1 John 3:10 says he that DOES NOT righteousness (or does not love his brother) is not of God. Do you believe you can not do righteousness and not love your brother and be of God? If you do, then you are in direction violation of 1 John 3:10.

Are you committing sin? Don't try to remove the splinter from my eye without removing the board from yours first. Funny how you just skipped 1 John 3:9. The question to ask yourself after reading 1 John 3:9 is who is born of God, for we know whosoever is born of God does not and cannot sin(does it state this-yes it does)? Just continue reading in the 4th chapter of 1 John in verse 7 to see who is born of God(that would be everyone who loves,and everyone loves, now that is loving my brothers/sisters-for we are all one in Christ Jesus[Galatians 3:28]). "For he (God) hath made him(Jesus Christ) to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we(you, me and every other person who has ever walked the earth [that would be my brothers/sisters]) might be made the righteousness of God in him"(2 Corinthians 5:21). Titus 3:5 " Not by works of righteousness which we(you, me and every other person) have done, but according(agreeing) to his mercy he saved us(plural-you, me and every other person), by the washing of regeneration(being born again), and renewing of the Holy Ghost." Notice this does not say that Jesus saves, it states that Jesus Christ saved us! No brother I am not deceived in any matter! I know what the word of God states, and I will believe the word of God over that of the man of sin, any and every day! For He is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe(you can find that in 1 Timothy 4:10). You may also read in Romans 6:18 and Romans 6:22 where he has made us free from sin!

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Peace be with you.

God honors man's free will.

The problem is the devil does not honor man's free will. How I know the devil does not honor man's free will is that the devil uses the power of darkness to control man's will. The devil does not ask for permission to get you to sin. He uses his power whenever given the chance to make you sin.

So in order to have free will, man must use his will to free his will from the tyranny of the devil and the power of darkness.

That is where God as Light comes into play to free a man who wills to be free from the tyranny of the power of darkness. So when a man wants and wills to be free from the power of darkness, God as Light becomes man's best friend and source of power and enlightenment for Spiritual Liberation from the tyranny of the devil and the power of darkness.

When dealing with physical and spiritual realities as mortal man, you must stick to the truth of the matter.

If you are a sinner, you are a sinner.

If you are a Christian and a sinner, then you are still a sinner.

If you are a Christian and a sinner but have given up on trying to wage war against the power of darkness, don't try to change spiritual reality to suit your surrender to sin and say you are saved. In the end, this will not turn out well.

I would call this a serious case of imaginative delusion brought about by one's submission to the power of darkness.

God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gabriel Anton

May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In other words, man must save himself. . .

Christ saves, and He alone.

Peace be with you.

Salvation doesn't operate in a one way street. Salvation operates on the basis of you scratch God's back and He scratch your back.

Jesus Christ cannot save a mortal man if that mortal man is unwilling to turn away from his sins however powerful God is.

There are rules and regulations in Creation that determine who is saved and who is condemned.

God as Light and the devil as darkness work within the confines of the laws of Creation.

A sinner who professes faith in Jesus Christ but is unable to do what Jesus Christ who is God wills, is basically of no benefit to God in His Kingdom.

The point of Jesus Christ being your God and Lord is that He is exactly that in your life. Jesus Christ must have Absolute Authority in your life, therefore sin cannot have any authority in your life.

If a Christian believes he is saved and still sins, I would say that Christian is seriously delusional.

If a Christian is saved because he is with God, the devil and sin would have no authority over that Christian.

No point declaring your love of Jesus Christ as your God, Lord and Saviour if you have no intention of relinquishing and renouncing and turning away wickedness and sin in your life. Anybody with this kind of attitude is seriously delusional about the Ways of God and Salvation.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peace be with you.

Salvation doesn't operate in a one way street. Salvation operates on the basis of you scratch God's back and He scratch your back.

Jesus Christ cannot save a mortal man if that mortal man is unwilling to turn away from his sins however powerful God is.

There are rules and regulations in Creation that determine who is saved and who is condemned.

God as Light and the devil as darkness work within the confines of the laws of Creation.

A sinner who professes faith in Jesus Christ but is unable to do what Jesus Christ who is God wills, is basically of no benefit to God in His Kingdom.

+Then, would this not be predestination?
+ 2 Thessalonians 2:11

+For Jesus Christ has abolished death-2 Timothy 1:10

No point declaring your love of Jesus Christ as your God, Lord and Saviour if you have no intention of relinquishing and renouncing and turning away wickedness and sin in your life. Anybody with this kind of attitude is seriously delusional about the Ways of God and Salvation.

God bless you.
Then as I say again "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe(1 Timothy 4:10)." Just using the word of God for correction, for it is to be used for instruction in righteousness(2 Timothy 3:16). "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him(2 Corinthians 5:21)." Have a blessed day. brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gabriel Anton

May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Peace be with you.

God helps those who help themselves, in other words?

God helps those who desire to obey His Words and do His Will. Salvation.

Are you a sinless person?

I do God's Will.

Are you sinless?

I do God's Will.

What I have stated in my posts are my opinions. I don't like to engage in pointless debates. I am not here to change your beliefs about God. You can believe whatever and however you want, I don't particularly care.

But I will tell you something though.

When you are being judged by Almighty God, you will not be able to impose your views on Him. You either kept the Word of God or you did not.

I won't answer any more questions. If you have questions about God, ask Jason0047 or EmSw. They know a lot about God. They are more suited to the task of debates about God's Truth.

God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peace be with you.

God helps those who help themselves, in other words?

God helps those who desire to obey His Words and do His Will. Salvation.

Are you a sinless person?

I do God's Will.

Are you sinless?

I do God's Will.

What I have stated in my posts are my opinions. I don't like to engage in pointless debates. I am not here to change your beliefs about God. You can believe whatever and however you want, I don't particularly care.

But I will tell you something though.

When you are being judged by Almighty God, you will not be able to impose your views on Him. You either kept the Word of God or you did not.

I won't answer any more questions. If you have questions about God, ask Jason0047 or EmSw. They know a lot about God. They are more suited to the task of debates about God's Truth.

God bless you.
Brother two verses of God's word for you and everyone. 1 John 3:9 and 1 John 4:7. Born of God, brother. Have a very blessed day, for God loves us.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Brother two verses of God's word for you and everyone. 1 John 3:9 and 1 John 4:7. Born of God, brother. Have a very blessed day, for God loves us.

You need to read the rest of the story.

1 John 2:29
If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Do you practice righteousness? Do you do good? If not, then you aren't born of Him.

It's that simple; do nothing, and you aren't born of God!

Upvote 0

Commander

A son of God.
Apr 10, 2015
Oklahoma
✟9,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to read the rest of the story.

1 John 2:29
If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Do you practice righteousness? Do you do good? If not, then you aren't born of Him.

It's that simple; do nothing, and you aren't born of God!
Yes, brother I am born of God, Jesus Christ is my/our Lord and Saviour. If you will notice in 1 John 4:7 every one that loves is born of God, brother. And every one loves:)

Upvote 0