Do you think that homosexuality is a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your translation is false and has an agenda behind it. We are not amused.
grrr8.gif
ROFL -- I guess you didn't read the information carefully, or my post.
As stated, and claimed, I personally DO NOT have a translation for that word, since the word definition is proven to be UNKNOWN.

So please do inform all of us here, Floatingaxe, what "my translation" of arsenokoitai is, I would love to know.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
My self-worth comes from knowing Jesus Christ! He loves me and calls me His own. He lives His life in me.

My lifestyle is serving God by worshiping Him in all I do. He deserves all glory and praise.
My self-worth comes from knowing Jesus Christ! He loves me and calls me His own. He lives His life in me.

My lifestyle is serving God by worshiping Him in all I do. He deserves all glory and praise.

Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I was discussing a word study of 1 Cor. 6:9, not someone's interpretation of Romans 1. That is what you quoted, someone's opinion of Romans 1, which is only quoted on the cite as one interpretation.
As is yours..I would like an actual linguist's or translator's study on the word, not some hyped-up liberal website's.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Small exceptions? there is only contrary evidence shown that you are unaware of that, and no, they aren't "small exceptions".

My "choices" have nothing to do with the thread, but something tells me you still do not grasp that the attraction remains UNCHOSEN, and unchangeable, regardless of what you think you can say to the contrary.

Among homosexuals who claim Christ, we see the lack of being able to grasp the fact that they need to break free from encumbrances and that after salvation, comes sanctification--a lifelong process.

They do not realize that their spiritual growth will stall and cease, not growing beyond the point of their disobedience.

We are called to not only be saved, but to walk with God and grow up in the likeness of Jesus Christ. Disobedient Christians are in danger of missing the kingdom...and that is evident on the unrepentant homosexual. They choose to REMAIN in their carnality.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
the numerous reasons to believe homosexuality is wrong would be...? If you would like to have a serious, calm and rational conversation about this, I would welcome it, but so far, I have never seen any evidence supporting this view that doesn't boil down to "The Bible SEZ!"

To a Christian, "The bible says!" is reason nough to obey God in anything. Only those who are non-Christians would argue that truth. The bible is the word of God written for you to know what He thinks about everything, including you. When you express disdain for it, you reveal a whole lot about your spiritual strength...

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As is yours..I would like an actual linguist's or translator's study on the word, not some hyped-up liberal website's.
I wasn't going over word studies, but nonetheless, we have done that here ad nauseam. What I did was show proof of the history of the ways that word was translated.

Again, this is not proof the website information is false, what the website does is post the history of how Arsenokoitai has been translated into Scripture. Calling something a "hyped up liberal website" does not refute it in the least.

Unless you somehow have proof that contradicts what I post, what is your defense?

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Please give an example of any single, quantifiable trait that exists among humans and not animals?
I cannot resist the OT but hilarious quotation that sounds like it was written precisely to answer your question:

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." - Mark Twain

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Among homosexuals who claim Christ, we see the lack of being able to grasp the fact that they need to break free from encumbrances and that after salvation, comes sanctification--a lifelong process.

They do not realize that their spiritual growth will stall and cease, not growing beyond the point of their disobedience.

We are called to not only be saved, but to walk with God and grow up in the likeness of Jesus Christ. Disobedient Christians are in danger of missing the kingdom...and that is evident on the unrepentant homosexual. They choose to REMAIN in their carnality.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.
Again, commentary that is not based upon SPECIFIC Scriptural evidence!

Btw, the Scripture you quoted talks about those who NEVER knew Christ to start. Knowing the context involving the verses you quote would be a great start.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ROFL -- I guess you didn't read the information carefully, or my post.
As stated, and claimed, I personally DO NOT have a translation for that word, since the word definition is proven to be UNKNOWN.

So please do inform all of us here, Floatingaxe, what "my translation" of arsenokoitai is, I would love to know.

It certainly is other than what God-ordained translators have deemed it, isn't it? Why is that? Because it runs contrary to your agenda.

My loyalty is to those men of God who translated under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and not perverse men and women who desire God to have said something else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It certainly is other than what God-ordained translators have deemed it, isn't it? Why is that? Because it runs contrary to your agenda.

My loyalty is to those men of God who translated under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and not perverse men and women who desire God to have said something else.
The only perversion is to have an agenda to put the word "homosexual" in the Bible, when there isn't any viable translation of the word in the original Hebrew or Greek manuscripts.

Your argument should be with the translators themselves, AGAIN which I have had to repeat, ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT AMONG THEMSELVES ON WHAT THE TRANSLATION MEANS. Put your faith in a fallible translation, I won't. The only reason you do, is because it supports your anti-gay, baseless position.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

You were the one who made a personal accusation! Rather than report you, I decided to speak to how God views me as an individual.

It is a tribute to how God transforms sinners into vessels of praise to Him, because no one is born loving God.

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To a Christian, "The bible says!" is reason nough to obey God in anything. Only those who are non-Christians would argue that truth. The bible is the word of God written for you to know what He thinks about everything, including you. When you express disdain for it, you reveal a whole lot about your spiritual strength...

If that is indeed the case, can you explain why some of those who style themselves "Bible-believing conservative Christians" willfully disregard the loving calls to repentance of grave sin against the very commandments of Christ regarding how to behave towards one's neighbor or one's brother/sister in Christ, right here on this message board?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Again, commentary that is not based upon SPECIFIC Scriptural evidence!

Btw, the Scripture you quoted talks about those who NEVER knew Christ to start. Knowing the context involving the verses you quote would be a great start.

You have no reason to complain. You have been given scripture after scripture and you yourself have NOTHING to show.
The context is correct: those who think they know God and DON'T. It fits perfectly in this thread!

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Floatingaxe said:
It certainly is other than what God-ordained translators have deemed it, isn't it?

Your God-ordained translators have translated that word as masturbators UNIVERSALLY at the time of Martin Luther. Pretty big difference between that and homosexual, isn't it?

Nonetheless, where is your proof that these translators ARE indeed "God ordained"? you have no proof they were ordained by God, they aren't the Apostles!
It would be ludicrous to believe that, when there are such inaccuracies and discrepancies accounted for. God wouldn't ordain such inaccuracies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
If that is indeed the case, can you explain why some of those who style themselves "Bible-believing conservative Christians" willfully disregard the loving calls to repentance of grave sin against the very commandments of Christ regarding how to behave towards one's neighbor or one's brother/sister in Christ, right here on this message board?
Because we're all sinners and are in need of the love of Christ. (All though, I have an itching suspicion that many of the people you are referencing are not, in fact, doing what you claim.)

Upvote 0

davedjy

Dec 11, 2006
Southern California
✟18,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Floatingaxe said:
You have no reason to complain. You have been given scripture after scripture and you yourself have NOTHING to show.
The context is correct. Thoise who think they know God and DON'T. It fits perfectly in this thread!

I have already posted logical interpretations to these clobber passages, as has Olliefranz, Mr. Pirate, Brieuse, etc., and I know I have been doing so months before you were even a member of this forum.
The context is not correct just because you say it is.

Regardless, plenty of us have a relationship with Christ, and NOTHING anyone here can say or do, can change my personal relationship with Christ or anyone else's.

Upvote 0

Ubik

Warning: use only as directed. And with caution.
Jan 24, 2008
United States
✟8,271.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bible says: slavery is good, women aren't allowed in church, don't wear clothing with mixed threads, and eating shellfish is a sin!

A society based off of the Bible would be a very corrupt society.
Heh, I got reported! I feel so special! My first time being reported...

Upvote 0

BreadAlone

Hylian Knight
Aug 11, 2006
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟21,772.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The Bible says: slavery is good, women aren't allowed in church, don't wear clothing with mixed threads, and eating shellfish is a sin!

A society based off of the Bible would be a very corrupt society.
If you actually studied the scriptures with the intent to gain knowledge, rather than reading some radical liberal's blog about the subject on the internet, you might understand those "commands" a little bit better and would realize how they actually fit into the Bible.

Just maybe.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.