Do you think God would aprove of Anime and Manga?

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NotasHolyasThou said:
You might as well ask "Would God approve of American literature?" based on the fact that the characters in The Grapes of Wrath use a lot of strong language, as if ALL American literature contained such language.

But the point of the book is that people shouldn't be oppressed, which is a Christian idea. Even if it uses a good bit of language, I don't think God disapproved of the story. Besides, a word is just a word, we are the ones that make it bad.

Check this thread out: What makes a bad word bad?? (It's on this site).

Upvote 0

PretzelMonger

Twisted Theologist
Aug 13, 2005
Lake Charles, LA
✟17,638.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
There are actually some Christian cartoons which would actually be classified as anime! Some of the examples are The Flying House and Superbook. Some of the animated stories that are just called by their names are also Japanese animation.

Upvote 0
S

Silent_J

NotasHolyasThou said:
"Anime" is just the word we use for Japanese animation. Basically, the question is "do you think God would approve of animation from Japan?"
You might as well ask "Would God approve of American sitcoms?"

definately! WHo's to say that any other type of cartoon is 'better' than anime an any sense? I personally see bugs bunny cartoons where men wolf-whistle and go crazy over sexy looking women as being 'bad'.

Upvote 0
S

Silent_J

Marmaladegirl22 said:
I find Anime less offensive then alot of the american kid cartoons today. I can't believe some of them, the worse is Bill and Mandy.(I would never let my kid watch that)

Hey, My dad's a pastor, And we're like missionaries, and WE like Billy and Mandy. Grim's accent is HILAROUS! I can see where you're coming from though...

Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I do think Bill and Mandy is more amusing then some of the cartoons on that channel. I just think it isn't for people 13 and up. I always saw it more as a teen and adult cartoon. It's not as bad as invader zim, expet for a few episodes(which were too much for me) I really loved that show, it's sad it got cancel. Gir was sooo cute.

btw, Love Hina and Sailor moon are my favorite animes. I really like Keitaro he is pretty amusing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Welly, well I'm glad I ran across this one. I have been wondering what goes on in the minds of some narrow-minded Christians, those who see the Animes on TV such as Inuyasha, think about them? They probably would say that Anime would be disapproved by God. But I say that Anime's no way dirtier or more "evil" than Gangsta Rap and some Contemporary R&B (not all). Like in Gangsta Rap, they talk bad about women using misogyny. and in some R&B songs the content is too adult anyway for young ears to hear...so those who are not open-minded should see the light, really....

Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Some christians just don't accept anything that isn't about GOD. I was even told it is against GOD if it isn't christian. I feel that is wrong. If it doesn't effect your faith it probley isn't against GOD. So many people judge others by what they watch.

Reactions: Nienor
Upvote 0

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Marmaladegirl22 said:
Some christians just don't accept anything that isn't about GOD. I was even told it is against GOD if it isn't christian. I feel that is wrong. If it doesn't effect your faith it probley isn't against GOD. So many people judge others by what they watch.
D&D and rock music also come to mind. People keep giving me the "weaker brother" arguement of Paul's out of context whenever stuff like that comes up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1cutemonki

Oct 1, 2005
Puerto Rico.
✟16,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
BananaSlug said:
Do you think God would approve of watching NFL on Sundays? There are lot's of things that God doesn't approve of yet we still do them.
On Sundays yes, while you should be at church no, and that does not give us any excuses

Upvote 0

1cutemonki

Oct 1, 2005
Puerto Rico.
✟16,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Abbadon said:
Does you think God would approve of live action movies and printed novels? You might as well be asking that question. There are also some anime that would be inappropriate for some, but not so with others. It's adiaphora, because the question isn't nearly as specific as it should be.
some of them yes, that's why He gave us a brain to discern between good and bad incuding movies and novels

Upvote 0