Hudson
✟286,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Is sex something bad? There is something wrong if the act indeed is full of love? Do you think He get's sad if you do soemthing you are programed for? Nothing wrong if it's a normal act, I think. Into an order. Something you control, inside a bounderies. What do you think about?

I realize that for christians rulers it was always the most important thing, more important than the goodness and other things that are in fact in the Holy Gospel.

Sex is a wonderful gift from God, but it has correct and incorrect uses, and if our sexual misconduct were not important to God, then He wouldn't have given instructions for how to avoid improperly using this gift. God's rules are holy, righteous, and good (Romans 7:12), so it doesn't make any sense for you to claim that rules for how to do good are more important than goodness.

• Agree
Reactions: Rachel07
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟963,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No one should have sexual relations with another without both of them first making a lifetime, better or for worse dedication and commitment to each other, for forever...

If not, no one should, and it is sin then...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, not always. Sometimes people are born with a strong predisposition. But the Bible obviously doesn't consider that to be relevant to the choice of behavior that goes along with it.
It still demands abstinence. It considers the holy spirit sufficiently powerful to transform a person's personality so that overcoming the tendency is possible.

2 Peter 1:3
His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue
I'm having trouble following your logic. "homosexuality is bad, because it does't lead to children, unless the homosexuals are celibate"? In all honesty, all of these rationales for condemning homosexuality seem kind of ad hoc, and not particularly logically consistent.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is sex something bad? There is something wrong if the act indeed is full of love? Do you think He get's sad if you do soemthing you are programed for? Nothing wrong if it's a normal act, I think. Into an order. Something you control, inside a bounderies. What do you think about?

I realize that for christians rulers it was always the most important thing, more important than the goodness and other things that are in fact in the Holy Gospel.

Eating a looooooot of chocolate ice cream might taste good, even if you did it every day. That doesn't mean it is good for you.

Sex with a disease-infested prostitute or jiggilo might be pleasurable, but it isn't without consequences. If something feels good, that does not mean it is right to do it.

Sexual intercourse can produce children. It is bad for the children if they are raised without a father in the home. This is an argument against sexual intercourse outside of marriage. Biblical teaching on fornication makes sense if you think of it from this perspective.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sexual intercourse can produce children. It is bad for the children if they are raised without a father in the home. This is an argument against sexual intercourse outside of marriage. Biblical teaching on fornication makes sense if you think of it from this perspective.
That's a general rule, not a universal fact.

For ever child you preset doing badly without a father in the home, I'll show you one with a single mother where leaving the father was the best thing they ever did.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a general rule, not a universal fact.

For ever child you preset doing badly without a father in the home, I'll show you one with a single mother where leaving the father was the best thing they ever did.
In terms of statistics gathered, children raised in single parent homes tend to do worse on a number of metrics, including grades, rates of teen pregnancy, crime, etc.

The real issue is that God made us and He knows what is good for us.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In terms of statistics gathered, children raised in single parent homes tend to do worse on a number of metrics, including grades, rates of teen pregnancy, crime, etc.

The real issue is that God made us and He knows what is good for us.
Got any citation to back that up?

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟975,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just think God is a gentleman and shuts the curtain.

Paul described the marriage bed as "undefiled". No fig leaves of shame there to remind us of nakedness. So natural an act, there's no awareness that the Spirit conveys, "Who told you that you were naked?" Well, no one, because there is no one there to witness.

There's one line of reason from Dietrich Bonhoeffer I've pretty much ignored, but it would to me make sense here. DB made the point that some decisions for the follower of God are meant to be made simply by human reasoning, without having to agonize about divine direction, e.g., "A world come of age". This was not a dishonoring of God but an honoring of how He has made us in His Image. And no disrespect to the creator of this discussion, but if the polemic were posed to DB, I suspect he would have replied that it was up to us to simply be who God made us to be.

But, does He care when sexual problems arise? I believe so. Just how I'd have to answer another time.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟84,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is sex something bad?

Within the covenant bond of marriage between one man and one woman, no. Quite the opposite, sex within the covenant of marriage is God glorifying as it is His design for intimate relationship between husband and wife.

Outside of the covenant bond of marriage between one man and one woman, yes, sexual relationships are sinful because in that form they go against the design of God. The only righteous expression of sexual intercourse is within the covenant of marriage.

There is something wrong if the act indeed is full of love?

Outside of marriage, sexual relationships are not love at all, but an act of utter selfishness and self seeking illicit pleasure.

Do you think He get's sad if you do soemthing you are programed for?

Not sure what you mean by this.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟84,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just have trouble with the idea that God gets that upset about what consenting adults do with each other.

Following that logic, if 2 consenting adults decide to agree to beat each other to a pulp, that makes it ok?

There is never a test in the Bible that determines something to be righteous by consenting decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Following that logic, if 2 consenting adults decide to agree to beat each other to a pulp, that makes it ok?
it's called "boxing"
There is never a test in the Bible that determines something to be righteous by consenting decision.
Absolutely there is. That whole New Commandment bit.

If mutual consent isn't your yardstick, what is? God just made up a bunch of arbitrary rules for no discernible reason? What a frightful idea!

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Outside of marriage, sexual relationships are not love at all, but an act of utter selfishness and self seeking illicit pleasure.
My wife ad I were together for almost ten years before we were married. You think our feelings for each other changed because of a piece of paper?

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife ad I were together for almost ten years before we were married. You think our feelings for each other changed because of a piece of paper?

It is not the piece of paper that matters, it is the covenant before GOD that does. It is about being obedient to the standard he has set, not making our own. Did you have sex for the ten years prior to getting married?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is not the piece of paper that matters, it is the covenant before GOD that does. It is about being obedient to the standard he has set, not making our own. Did you have sex for the ten years prior to getting married?
I'll answer your question if you answer mine. Are you seriously telling me I didn't love my wife, and then suddenly did after we'd bee together ten years? Just because we got married?

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll answer your question if you answer mine. Are you seriously telling me I didn't love my wife, and then suddenly did after we'd bee together ten years? Just because we got married?

I did not ask if you loved your wife or not. I would assume you did prior but that is neither the point nor the question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟84,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it's called "boxing"

That does not define as righteous before God.

If mutual consent isn't your yardstick, what is?

The word of God from the Bible, exegeted correctly.

Absolutely there is. That whole New Commandment bit.

Your response is not clear here.

God just made up a bunch of arbitrary rules for no discernible reason?

No, and I never did claim that God's rules are arbitrary, so I see no need to defend any such claim.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟84,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And by living together (assuming sexual relationship were involved) for 10 years you were living in rebellion to God in your sin. If you have not repented of it, God will call you to account for that activity.

The covenant of marriage is far, far more than a piece of paper. The piece of paper is just man's symbol of legal status. God never commanded a piece of paper to define a marriage.

Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I respect your point of view. From mine, to behave ok, according the rules of goodness, to love eachother, and to love God it's most important for Him than old traditions, or what you do in your intimate life. Religion has to evolve, according the new times. If we don't, we'll lost souls because of that.
If you start telling people that something is not a sin when it really is, you aren't helping them and you are adding coal on your own head.

Just because you live in an oversexed society doesn't make religion wrong and society right, does it?

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And by living together (assuming sexual relationship were involved) for 10 years you were living in rebellion to God in your sin. If you have not repented of it, God will call you to account for that activity.

The covenant of marriage is far, far more than a piece of paper. The piece of paper is just man's symbol of legal status. God never commanded a piece of paper to define a marriage.
You're avoiding the question. You said people who have sex outside of marriage don't love each other. I'd like you to explain what you think changed in our emotions b getting married, please?

Upvote 0