Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I flirt with any pretty face. My theory several fold:

1) You show interest
2) It is funny
3) I like to do anything to break ice
4) If you are cold, yet sneak glances, you gain wierdo status.

I don't think Jesus meant this is adultery. I don't honestly want to have sex with them there. I'm just happy and playful with opposite sex. I don't have a wife, so I should show interest in everyone who is pretty. Maybe someone will talk to me.

Do you flirt, what are some of your flirt moves?
I'll reveal mine later if this thread goes well.

Reactions: sphsjags

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I don't flirt...at least not intentionally. I have a problem where I joke (or other types of interactions) with people and disregard gender. Problem is that joking with the opposite sex can often look like flirting, even when I don't intend it. This is more of a problem on-line than offline, though.

Upvote 0

this_is_new

Feb 15, 2011
✟7,706.00
Faith
Agnostic
I flirt with any pretty face. My theory several fold:

1) You show interest
2) It is funny
3) I like to do anything to break ice
4) If you are cold, yet sneak glances, you gain wierdo status.

I don't think Jesus meant this is adultery. I don't honestly want to have sex with them there. I'm just happy and playful with opposite sex. I don't have a wife, so I should show interest in everyone who is pretty. Maybe someone will talk to me.

Do you flirt, what are some of your flirt moves?
I'll reveal mine later if this thread goes well.

No. I imagine trying to flirt with every handsome man I saw would soon get tiring and maybe convince anyone who was interested in me that I really didn't have such a great character.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I flirt at work because customers respond better to smiling, laughing individuals who take an active interest in them than the alternative options available.

To be honest I "flirt" with everyone. Friendly flirting is just another way of engaging with people.
Trying to reign it in on the interwebs though. It's harder for people to distinguish between friendly banter and flirting with intent, so it causes confusion. Need to avoid that.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, and just to avoid confusion:

flirt

–verb (used without object) 1. to court triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions; play at love; coquet.

I believe the word "dishonest" is a good descriptive term for that sort of thing.

Reactions: Oddish
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i guess I flirt a little with the guy I'm talking to now. But then I'm actually interested in him and the flirting comes naturally in that kind of situation.

I've never been big on flirting for the sake of flirting. I've been hurt before by someone who just thought it was fun to flirt when it didn't mean anything. So for me... there has to be a connection there to start flirting with someone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am a huge flirt.

I love it. It is fun.

The game kind of ends without obtaining a relationship more times than not. The attempt is not to get anything though from the lady. It is just to simply have fun with a stranger, make her laugh, maybe it will brighten her day.

My flirting doesn't change when I get seriously involved either. It just gets re-directed. Think of it like a vacuum tube that is open for all at my discretion and my discretion only. When someone puts a clamp on it, it all gets directed at her with the exception of if it is a female friend that I have known for awhile maybe I will tease her here and there. Then again, when I was engaged, my ex-fiancee called me a flirt because of how I acted with female friends at work. I didn't take it as her talking bad about it, maybe she was, could careless now but point being...maybe my flirting still exists even when I get super committed.

Or maybe I just like seeing people laugh and smile in a rather short, chaotic life? And if I can give it, the only reward I get is a temporary joy that others are having laughter in their life if even for a moment and that maybe a moment they can hear a guy talking their body up. Everyone needs to be complimented and no sense of 'moral thought control' will convince me differently. Heck, if I am sexually attracted to her, that's even more reason to give her good, flirtatious behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
See I consider flirting to be entirely superficial, as such I never connect it to anything serious. It can be part of something serious, but for me it's only ever a playful exchange of words.

I flirt with old men, young men, women, spotty college kids, customers, employers, lecturers, over the phone, in person ... it's who I am. It isn't something I will to happen, left to my own devices it's my natural switch. Flirt, flirt, flirt. Flirt with the bank teller, with the train conductor, the taxi driver, the fair operator. Ok, everyone. d. If i'm made aware that i'm flirting, or that the person feels uncomfortable/thinks it is the start of something serious I expect to be made aware of this so that the behaviour can be consciously modified. Otherwise i'll just go on and on in a spiral of flirting.

Plus I get called a floozy when i'm smiling, laughing and complimenting someone, I get called a floozy when i'm engaging in a bit of sarcastic banter, given that they're my two main forms of communication i'm pretty much up the creek without a paddle.

Hurrah for post expansions.

Upvote 0