Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh Wow...Just being Irish is one thing...but Irish and Catholic...sheesh. :)
It's not just being Irish and Catholic but Irish, Catholic, and red headed! Now then you're asking for trouble! ^_^

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, I don't drink and have never been drunk. Alcohol is discusting. I have about as much desire to drink alcohol as I do to drink some sort of household floor cleaner.
Look Alpine, a fellow Wisconsinite who also doesn't drink at all. See, you're not as alone as you think. :)

Reactions: Alpine
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You better tell them that you speak from experience, my very old and dear friend. ;)
Oh I do PC, trust me, I do. My brothers in-laws are part Irish, Catholic, and some of them red heads.

It was one of them that made me a "dark and tan" drink and said I wasn't a man unless I drank it. A dark and tan is Guinness on the bottom and a lighter beer on top. Because Guiness is such a heavy beer the lighter beer just sits on top of it and it looks dark and tan. It took me all day to drink it and she was there watching me the whole time. It was aweful!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Whooooeeee.
Thanks for the idea.
Might try that on the tea totaller son.
Perhaps you didn't hear me, It was aweful!

But if you want to try it, you have to pour it very slowly in a tall slender glass, If you just swish the lighter beer in, it will mix, and for some reason you don't want that to happen. :doh:

Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

Why do you always think I didn't hear you. Everytime you do that you end up with a lower opinion of me.

Ya just might as well kick me off that pedistal and realize I am just a mean old Irish broad.

If we ever meet face to face, my sons and grandkids will vouch for it.
My daughter in law thinks I am just wonderful, though.

One day, maybe before I get really old, you will get a handle on my sense of humor.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Neph, I hope you realize I am just playing with you.
Funny, I was going to say the samething to you ;)

I guess "perhaps you didn't hear me" pushed the wrong bottons, that's ok, you usually get over it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One evening, out to dinner, I had one glass of wine. I noticed I was not as keenly aware spiritually. Not wanting my senses dulled, I decided I never wanted that again.

The devil goes about as a roaring lion, and he is relentless, full of trickery. I want to be completely in tune with the Lord, alert in every way.

On that same note, overeating has the same effect, a dulling of the senses. Food is not my god. The Lord is my God, and I yield my body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to Him as my reasonable service.

Reactions: msbojingles
Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've heard medical reports that a little red wine each day is good for the heart.
This is true. And other things are good for the heart too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've heard medical reports that a little red wine each day is good for the heart.

It is, and has fewer concerns compared to traditional meds. That is one reason my doctor told me to have one drink a day.

Most things are good for us when used responsibily in moderation and are horrible for us when we abuse them. Heck, people have died from drinking water.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Heck, people have died from drinking water.
Ah, yes, that is called "hyponatremia" a condition resulting when the plasma levels of Sodium [natrium] get too low, due to [and I kid you not] "chronic water intoxication" aka hyperhydration or water poisioning. It's often asymptomatic [until they keel over] and due to excessive amounts of water intake in a short time, resulting in hypersecretion of electrolytes without replenishing them.

Upvote 0

hsmommyofmany

Oct 24, 2008
suffolk, virginia
Visit site
✟7,895.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i like the taste of a good wine or beer once in a while...there is nothing in the scripture that forbids the consumption of alcohol (even Jesus drank wine)...i will preface that i do not drink around my christian friends who do not drink...i also do not go to bars or ever drink around people i do not know well who also share my ideas about alcohol (i believe we should not be a stumbling block to other christians)...i never drink to excess...

Upvote 0

Redheadedstepchild

Child of God
Site Supporter
Jun 3, 2007
2 weeks from everywhere
✟69,214.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
I do, in moderation. Usually with a meal, but not always. I like a variety of things depending on what we're eating or my mood. I do have to be careful with champagne - it goes down a little too easily. Other than that it's not an issue for me.

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I voted no because I believe the Word keeps me away from it…

Prov 20:1
Wine is a mocker,
Strong drink is a brawler,
And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

…By abstaining from it, I can’t be led astray by it.

…why would anyone want to mess with something that has the potential to lead them astray?

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.