Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

(I posted this in another thread that no one looks at, thought I’d bring it over here)

Jesus spoke about this:

There were two types of kids playing in the market place,

Those who played the flute (but no one danced)

Those who sang the dirge (but no one mourned)

Although opposite in their actions each demonstrated that there was no reality to their experience.

People are a lot like that.

God’s desire for us is relationship with Him. Of course we all know this as a principle; we just don’t know it as a reality.

Therein is the problem.

John O.

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(Intrigued at what thread I've missed...)

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

As far as needing a relationship with God goes - yes, and when we get that desire tugging at our innards, it's for one reason and one reason only - He is wooing us.

I take heart in that.

I may not feel I'm "quite there yet" but I feel such longing that it can't be me, it has to be Him drawing me along. I may not know Him too well, but I know He knows me! :)

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In context specifically Jesus was talking about the Pharisees who were offended at John because he neither ate nor drank, and then were offended with Jesus because he did.

The point I was making is the mourners or at odds with the dancers and the dancers are at odds with the mourners and neither has the reality of relationship.

They are kids playing at “reality” and it’s not real.

John O.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well then, we can rest assured we are not doing that, because everyone here does have a relationship with God. I don't see what the relevance is to a Christian if it's a scripture referring to Pharisees?

We might get a little carried away in our discussions and forget that sometimes. I know I'm getting slightly irritable about some of the threads, so maybe that's the kind of thing you mean?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.