Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So is the KKK.

That doesn't make it right.
I'm not a fan or Halloween in my country, as it is a USA tradition not an NZ one and we have a better tradition around that time of year.
The risk I see with Halloween is encouraging kids going to strangers houses and getting lollies from strangers.

But there is nothing "evil" about Halloween. Nothing to be scared of.

BTW: Do you ever watch any horror movies? or listen to any songs with horror themes? or watch any psycho thriller movies? or watch disaster movies?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BTW: Do you ever watch any horror movies? or listen to any songs with horror themes? or watch any psycho thriller movies? or watch disaster movies?

Yes.

In fact, I just now finished watching "Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?" (Twilight Zone) for about the 20th time.

But I don't dress up and role play the characters.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes.

In fact, I just now finished watching "Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up?" (Twilight Zone) for about the 20th time.

But I don't dress up and role play the characters.
Because that would be evil?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not a fan or Halloween in my country, as it is a USA tradition not an NZ one and we have a better tradition around that time of year.
The risk I see with Halloween is encouraging kids going to strangers houses and getting lollies from strangers.

But there is nothing "evil" about Halloween. Nothing to be scared of.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nice catch! :)
I’m a Twilight Zone mega fan. It’s my New Year’s tradition. From Dec 26th until January 5th or so, it’s all I watch. I always ring in the new year while watching “The Masks.”

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m a Twilight Zone mega fan. It’s my New Year’s tradition. From Dec 26th until January 5th or so, it’s all I watch. I always ring in the new year while watching “The Masks.”

Is that your favorite episode?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that your favorite episode?
No, just the one that used to play at midnight during Sci-Fi Channel’s NYE marathon back when I started watching. Now it’s “Midnight Sun,” but that doesn’t feel right as a NYE to NY Day episode.

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟40,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Halloween is upon us again and time for kids to dress up to get their sugar fix. Do you take part in this holiday as Christians? Also for non believers what do you think of the day?

As a Christian yes I do take my kids trick or treating. According to the Bible it depends where your heart is like eating food that was sacrificed to idols in 1 Corinthians 8. In the Old Testament it was the act that was sinful but in the NT we can see that adultery is not just the act but the mere thought of lusting after someone or murder is just merely hating your brother instead of the act.

Christians who celebrate Halloween are not doing so to celebrate witchcraft or even idolatry just dress up to get free candy. Doesn’t all your kids play around the house pretending to be some fictional character? It’s the same thing and the day in itself is no different from any other day (Romans 14:5). Christians dress kids up in Among Us, Angels, Pumpkin, bees, the incredibles, princesses and many other costumes that have nothing to do with witches or evil. It’s what you make it and what’s in your heart as that’s what God looks at.

But for those who believe it’s evil then I respect it and it’s not for everyone. We can see the same in the first scripture I gave that not everyone will accept you can eat meat that was sacrificed to idol gods on the alter but others give it no power, just like some Christians give the day itself no power and just have fun.
Why not celebrate All Saints' Day, instead.
This is a historic Christian celebration, that celebrates the saints who have gone before us.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why not celebrate All Saints' Day, instead.
This is a historic Christian celebration, that celebrates the saints who have gone before us.
Oh man, I hope the “Christian holidays have Pagan roots” people find this post. They’re over on the red and green thread right now, lol.

Upvote 0