Do You Believe Abortion is Murder?

Do you believe that abortion is the murder of the life of the unborn?

• Total voters

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I did know two women who had abortions, both PhD research scientists, for what I thought were reasons of convenience...neither regretted her decision. Both went on to become excellent mothers--one might even say extraordinary.

Most women I know were under a lot of emotional duress.

I know that I may define "convenience" differently from you. I have heard some pro-lifers describe everything from gang-rape to incest as convenience. There is no victimization or depravity that they don't call convenience.

But because I am more empathetic and intuitive, other than with the two women I referenced, I would call it grave emotional distress. And even with the two PhD's, they did work with a lot of chemicals in their research, some of which might have been teratogenic, so maybe I am judging them too harshly when I called it convenience.
or maybe those two women who had the abortions just put on a 'brave new woman' face, and got on with things as they were expected to do---in public.
in private it might have been a different matter. let's hope so. for their sake.

Upvote 0