Do You Believe Abortion is Murder?

Do you believe that abortion is the murder of the life of the unborn?

• Total voters

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am asking this question because I believe it will be of advantage of everyone to see where everyone else stands.

Your answers are public, and that is the point of the poll.

If you refuse to answer and play defense for abortion policies, I will leave it to the board to guess your true beliefs. If you do not want there to be any ambiguity, vote in the poll.

Last edited:

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes. And I did before I was a Christian as well.

I have a child waiting for me in heaven. Men have no say in abortion, and they have to stand by and watch their child be slaughtered, just as I did. I don't blame her, she was very young, I blame society and I blame the pro-choice movement, I blame her parents who coerced her to change her mind using disgusting methods and I blame our laws.

It made me lose all faith in our laws, society's beliefs and ideals when it happened. I was a young teen, but even then something inside me knew what was happening was completely wrong.
It's amazing how much this "pro-choice" movement is biased. Say you're considering aborting the child and you have 10 000 people throwing pamphlets and dogma at your feet. Say you're afraid it might be murder and you don't want to do the wrong thing, you have people telling the person it's not murder and convincing them to ignore their conscience's.

Last edited:
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Abortion is murder. And it's one of the most heinous kinds of murder since it's the cold killing of a baby. No one could be more innocent and defenseless. These children are the least of our society (see Mt 25:31-46) because even their right to life is denied. People don't like to hear this (see 2 Tim 4:3), but it's the absolute truth. The abortion industry has invented a lot of clever euphemisms for what they do so that they might seduce and ensnare women with lies (see 2 Tim 3:6).

If we lived in a society of truth, justice, and morality, the abortionists would all be put in jail for what they do. That's not to say, however, that a woman who gets an abortion can't be forgiven afterward. The women should be forgiven if they repent. But I think the truth needs to be told about it so that perhaps the ones who are thinking about it might change their mind and choose life (see Dt 30:19 and 1 Tim 2:15).

"I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?" — St. Teresa of Calcutta to the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, DC, February 3, 1994

"The moral gravity of procured abortion is apparent in all its truth if we recognize that we are dealing with murder.... The one eliminated is a human being at the very beginning of life." — Pope St. John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae, 25 March 1995

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i voted no...murder is unlawful killing and abortion is legal, so...
Abortion is murder according to the Catholic Church. And anyone who sees an abortion can see that it's the killing of a baby. Roe vs Wade is an unjust law. Here's what it says in the Catechism of the Catholic Church about secular laws:
1902 "Authority does not derive its moral legitimacy from itself. It must not behave in a despotic manner, but must act for the common good as a "moral force based on freedom and a sense of responsibility":

A human law has the character of law to the extent that it accords with right reason, and thus derives from the eternal law. Insofar as it falls short of right reason it is said to be an unjust law, and thus has not so much the nature of law as of a kind of violence.​

Authority is exercised legitimately only when it seeks the common good of the group concerned and if it employs morally licit means to attain it. If rulers were to enact unjust laws or take measures contrary to the moral order, such arrangements would not be binding in conscience. In such a case, "authority breaks down completely and results in shameful abuse."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

On a thread designed to make the positions of posters clearer, you resort to word games. I hope you feel proud and clever.

However, murder is against natural law and divine law, so even on that reading of murder abortion is still murder. The poll should allow you to change your answers. If it does not, I can request that a moderator change the poll to allow this, since it was my intention that the poll track current positions.

Of course, this is all being said on the assumption that you actually believe that abortion is contrary to God's law. If not, you can leave your answer where it is.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
On a thread designed to make the positions of posters clearer, you resort to word games.
or perhaps you should have worded your question better, rather than blaming others for answering it both accurately and correctly...i stand by my post.

However, murder is against natural law and divine law, so even on that reading of murder abortion is still murder.
murder may be against natural and divine law, but it does not follow from that alone that abortion is murder.

Of course, this is all being said on the assumption that you actually believe that abortion is contrary to God's law. If not, you can leave your answer where it is.
as it happens, i do not feel that it is contrary to god's law so i will again stand by my post (and my vote).

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

so Hitler did not have Jews murdered since he was the legal authority in the places where those atrocities took place?

just checking

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
so Hitler did not have Jews murdered since he was the legal authority in the places where those atrocities took place?
what hitler (et al) were guilty of was genocide...you cannot compare two, at least not, in my opinion, intellectually honestly.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
what hitler (et al) were guilty of was genocide...you cannot compare two, at least not, in my opinion, intellectually honestly.
yes you can, because the motivation is the same in both cases;
the wanton, preplanned, and deliberate elimination of a person or persons.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know how to vote. I believe abortion is murder in much the same way I believe meat is murder...in other words I see both as the taking of sentient life yet recognize in both cases that these acts of 'stopping a beating heart' are legal and therefore aren't murder by definition.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Good grief.

If I have to I can start another thread with the question "Do you believe abortion is sinful?"

It's clear enough at this point that even that would be a controversial question among some people here. (Though I do recognize that some people are only getting hung up on the word "murder. ")

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good grief.

If I have to I can start another thread with the question "Do you believe abortion is sinful?"

It's clear enough at this point that even that would be a controversial question among some people here. (Though I do recognize that some people are only getting hung up on the word "murder. ")
Abortion is sinful.

Reactions: KevinC1129
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Good grief.

)

I agree that abortion is objectively sinful and that the moral culpability of the woman involved depends on the conditions for serious sin being met, as is the case with all other sin.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Abortion is murder, always a mortal sin. A Catholic woman who has an abortion automatically excommunicates herself.
And people are an accomplice to murder when they say that abortion is a right.

Upvote 0