Do we have to pray for signs and wonders?

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, Yeshua said if you don't believe in me, believe the works - then you'll get the connection

"If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him." John 10:37-38

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence,while You extend Your hand to heal, and signs and wonders take place through the name of Your holy servant Jesus."-And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness...
they pray for "boldness" and the accepted expectation is that the lord will heal and give signs ...

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the one hand the word is true regardless of what we pray or believe.
"these signs shall follow those that believe."
Signs follow us around. Look for them. Recognize them. Ask the Lord to help you discern them as they occur behind your back but in full view.

On the other hand Acts says to pray for signs and wonders:

Acts 4:29-31
29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Upvote 0

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So I read a story this morning about a 5 yr old girl who recently died from the flu. Very heart breaking, as all the other cases are. Especially in this time where medicine is supposed to be able to heal stuff like that. Anyways...

It got me praying and I was beginning to ask God to increase signs and wonders to confirm his word when a thought came to mind. I don't think there is a single instance in scripture where we are told to specifically pray for such things. The thought went along like this: It is God's responsibility to confirm his word, it is our responsibility to expect such confirmations and perform them through laying on of hands, etc.

So the question is, are we to pray for signs and wonders or should we just do them and expect God to perform? Now of course I know praying for such things isn't unscriptural, but we also are to pray according to God's will if we expect answers (1 John 5:14-15), so is it God's will that we pray for signs, wonders, healings, etc. Or is it God's will that we have faith enough to perform them and be open to them?

sign and wonder should be a standard tools in 2016.
people lost hope in present days, be it in economy context, relationship context, and so on... the need for "superman" is there. Only GOD can bestowed sing and wonder on you, but you need to start with the right mindset.

sign-and-wonder give you a boost in your reputation, and therefore you can influence more people

the right mindset is: GOD wants me to have sign and wonder.

Why i don't have it now or how to control it ? that's another questions. here i just wanna fix your mindset first.

Upvote 0