✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shock & awe.
Paul acknowledged that Jesus came in the flesh when he wrote 1 Cor. 12:10.

In refusing to acknowledge the ministry of the Holy Spirit, you "have a form of Godliness, but deny its power..."
the better way is known, the ministry of the gifts of the Spirit means you are nothing, without charity. ( the better way you are NOT CONFESSING)

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
shock and awe....

Psalms 4:2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
3 But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him.
4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 3:
28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Matthew 12:42
The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
now we are explained why prophecies cease, why prophets are TILL, WE ALL COME UNTO THE FAITH, UNTO A PERFECT MAN.
"Beloved,
  • now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but
  • we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." 1 John 3:2 NKJV

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Beloved,
  • now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but
  • we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." 1 John 3:2 NKJV

1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you see all on the forum, their skill is to try to deny, not to confess.

but this is confessed, we know He is righteous, if we do righteousness, we do not know what He is like, if we d unrighteousness, and if we are righteous, we are righteous, EVEN AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS, and we purify ourselves, EVEN AS HE IS PURE.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
None of those verses support that prophecy has been abolished.
Prophecy will continue --and increase-- going into the Last Days.

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy..." Acts 2:17-18 NKJV

• Winner
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EverydayBread

Aug 9, 2021
Uusimaa
✟30,755.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what spiritual gift is worth anything, if we do not have charity ? charity BELIEVES ALL THINGS. ( and is the BETTER WAY SHOWN TO US)

1 Corinthians 12w:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 13:Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Hey, come on. 1 Corinthians 13, the one you quote, let's see it further. Why be so impatient? After all, this is a Christian forum, and we all believe in the same Lord, so please let's be respectful and not accusive.

1 Corinthians 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Here alright, we know that Paul is acknowledging that there are prophesies and gift of prophesy, but these fail, but love never fails. And if we do all these things but we don't have love of God, we are nothing and we benefit nothing. We already know that God is love. So love is perfect, but we are imperfect and we fail, that's why we know in part and prophesy in part, because we are humans on this earth. But God is perfect, and His love is perfect. So when we have His love amongst us, that which is in part shall be done away (that's what the verses 1-3 are saying).

Then, he proceeds to say that we understand now in part (verses 11-12), we are like children who think like children, because we are humans and we know in part, then we will know just like we are known. I think this speaks of afterlife. "Now I know in part, but then I shall know..."

1 Corinthians 12:27-31

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.
28 And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles?
30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
31 But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.

I am just curious to know, what denomination teaches the lack of gifts, when Bible teaches that they are present in the church?

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
better more excellent way..

1 Corinthians 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

Luke 5:39
No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, come on. 1 Corinthians 13, the one you quote, let's see it further. Why be so impatient? After all, this is a Christian forum, and we all believe in the same Lord, so please let's be respectful and not accusive.
Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 25:11
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Luke 13:24
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Luke 13:25
When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as for no longer being children, children need a teacher, need a law, but men ned no such things.

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:11
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Best way to clean up this thread (and other threads) is to ignore Peacemaker1. It's much better if you can't see his posts. Mouse over his icon, select "more options" at the bottom right, and click on ignore. This way, your view can be free of his off topic rantings.

ignore.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
here we see that the law and prophets, ( law our schoolmaster and prophets who gave testimony of Christ) were until John, and we also see we are no longer under a school master. ( no longer under a school master=law and no longer prophets, who gave testimony of Christ) now we are all children of God.

Matthew 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

1 Corinthians 13:
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

So we are no longer under the schoolmaster of the law. Now we are under grace. But it did not say that the prophets were over and that God wont use prophets anymore. Where's that? Nowhere.

Everytime that God brought judgement in the OT...He sent a prophet first to warn them.
Well we are about to enter the age of judgment on the earth. So will God not send prophets beforehandlike He has always done? Of course He has.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if I will get an answer from this post but I was hoping a spiritual leader or someone who is closer to God and can maybe get some answers and can help me because I am really confused and sometimes scared about this and what is happening.

I don't even know where to start but I guess I am always in my head talking to myself. Not in a weird way but I'm just really quiet on the outside but have just thoughts about everything in my head. I also have strong emotions or emotional reactions and so I feel emotions or feelings around me intensely. I found out from someone that that is because I have a lot of empathy and that just makes me feel stuff and sometimes more intensely than others.

Where I am going with this is that i have been having these things happen like I will feel very anxious and feel like something really bad is going to happen and something doesn't feel right. I start getting dizzy and start feeling my body shake and get weak. I also dry heave and can't control my breathing and with all of this and with the bad feelings I cry uncontrollably which is probably my reaction to everything. I usually have a specific thing in my head where I feel this bad thing is gonna happen to when this happens and it never leaves me until I am exhausted enough to fall asleep and no longer feel it. After a few days from this happening something bad does indeed go wrong and there is so much conflict and something bad does happen. It has happened 4 times now so I know it isn't a coincidence.

I also have these times where in my mind there is this thought or wanting to hear something like for example I felt or it was like I wanted to hear from the radio that there was breaking news and that there was a disaster that has happened. I felt that for a few weeks and then in my city one of the main streets that is really busy had a gas explosion and broke the entire road. When I heard that it was like that feeling went away and I felt like it was that that I was waiting for. Another time was when I had that same feeling but I was waiting to hear that an accident had happened. One of my sister's high school friend passed away and when I heard that that feeling went away.

Me saying it like this seems pretty clear that they are signs and messages and stuff but I just need guidance and someone who can help me understand and I guess validate things. I sometimes feel like I'm crazy so I don't talk to people about it when I feel something towards them but I'm scared I'm not delivering God's message if he is using me.

I feel like because I'm so in my head and my emotions God is using them. I also have a feeling that God tries to tell me stuff but there's always just my own thought surrounding them and trying to make sense of them that I'm not focusing on the message and I'm getting distracted and so it's like he is trying to shake me by my shoulders to make me pay attention.

I pray about it and I feel like I get that out of it. I also get out of it that this is what I prayed for. I pray a lot that God uses me to help others and that he uses me as a vessel. But it still feels so weird and crazy to me.

I would just like some help if anyone can or anyone understands please.
What I don't see in your post is any reference to Scripture. It seems to be that you are looking to your feelings and emotions to guide you to find out what God has for you. I think that the best starting point for you is to give yourself time to read the New Testament and see what God is saying to you through it. The Bible contains everything that God has to say to mankind, so if you want to know what God is saying to you, then the obvious thing is to actually read it and then to follow the guidance that it shows you. The Scripture says that God's word is a light to my path and a lamp for my feet. If you don't read the Scriptures, then you don't have a light to guide you and to keep you on the right path. Without God's Word to guide you, all you can do is to continue stumbling on in darkness and confusion, not knowing where you are going.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so many false prophets predicted, which are we told to follow when they are so many now..

Matthew 24:
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew24:
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Upvote 0