Do all SDA?s believe that Gentiles are not a part of the New Covenant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm an ex-Adventist. Adventists believe that the New Covenant is between God and the Church. Perhaps you are confused because they have referred to themselves as "spiritual Jews" or "spiritual Israel"?
Welp,maybe some.But I heard it straight foward right here on this forum..Perhaps we will be visited by some,and we can chat.:)

Upvote 0

Xenon

Aug 11, 2007
Schaumburg, Illinois
✟15,675.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Do all SDA"s believe that Gentiles are not a part of the New Covenant?
That would be a hard position to take, especially when Paul says...

Ephesians 2:11-14 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

...that there is no such thing as a Gentile anymore. There are no "outsiders" from the covenant in the sense that any group is excluded from joining, as Christ has joined all together. Where did you hear this?

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do all SDA"s believe that Gentiles are not a part of the New Covenant?

I ask this because it was an impression I received while talking here.I am not sure if it is their doctrinal position or not,so I thought I would ask.Thanks.

SDA's do not believe that. I guess you misunderstood something that was said. Gentiles are apart of the new covenant through adoption. The point that I usually make during discussions of a certain nature is that the new covenant was made with the house of Israel. I do not mean that gentiles are not apart but I use it to show that gentiles who are grafted in have become apart of the house of Israel.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
SDA's do not believe that. I guess you misunderstood something that was said. Gentiles are apart of the new covenant through adoption. The point that I usually make during discussions of a certain nature is that the new covenant was made with the house of Israel. I do not mean that gentiles are not apart but I use it to show that gentiles who are grafted in have become apart of the house of Israel.

Exactly PK.

I think the confusion lies in understanding who "Israel" is quite frankly. Jesus Christ is "Israel." Everything that pointed to "Israel" was fulfilled in Jesus Christ and His ministry. He has "overcome" the world. As believers in Him and what He has done for us we are "overcomers" in Him.

"To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Exactly PK.

I think the confusion lies in understanding who "Israel" is quite frankly. Jesus Christ is "Israel." Everything that pointed to "Israel" was fulfilled in Jesus Christ and His ministry. He has "overcome" the world. As believers in Him and what He has done for us we are "overcomers" in Him.

"To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God."

Today,are Gentiles a part of the new cov?Thanks!

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
That would be a hard position to take, especially when Paul says...

Ephesians 2:11-14 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

...that there is no such thing as a Gentile anymore. There are no "outsiders" from the covenant in the sense that any group is excluded from joining, as Christ has joined all together. Where did you hear this?
Galatians 3:8
And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

I understand what your saying.We are now one man.Gentiles would become part of the new cov.I am not Jewish by lineage.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Today,are Gentiles a part of the new cov?Thanks!

Only if they believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and abide in Him and His word.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Only if they believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and abide in Him and His word.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

So you admit that there is a new cov,which Gentiles are grafted into?

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
...foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith..."

Has anyone, Jew or gentile, been justified any other way?

"...preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham..."

Who was a gentile at the time of this promise.

Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Rom 4:9 [Cometh] this blessedness then upon the circumcision [only], or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. Rom 4:10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Of course. I've never suggested anything different. What I have suggested however is how does a gentile claim to be part of the new covenant and not obey the word of God?

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Has anyone, Jew or gentile, been justified any other way?

Who was a gentile at the time of this promise.

Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Rom 4:9 ¶ [Cometh] this blessedness then upon the circumcision [only], or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. Rom 4:10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
Ok..I sense something here.What are you trying to say.

On one of out other threads,I kept asking you straight foward..

Are the Gentiles a part of the new cov? And you kept going around the issue.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sure. We all know and say that. But when Gentiles are grafted in they are no longer spiritually gentiles. Physically they are not of jewish lineage but spiritually they are sons of Abraham, thus spiritually making them jews. If Abrahams seed consist of all those who believe and are in Christ, and Abraham was the father of nation of Israel. Then all who believe and are in Christ are apart of the nation of Israel, not physically but spiritually.

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sure. We all know and say that. But when Gentiles are grafted in they are no longer spiritually gentiles. Physically they are not of jewish lineage but spiritually they are sons of Abraham, thus spiritually making them jews. If Abrahams seed consist of all those who believe and are in Christ, and Abraham was the father of nation of Israel. Then all who believe and are in Christ are apart of the nation of Israel, not physically but spiritually.
I have no problemo with that.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.