Do all SDA?s believe that Gentiles are not a part of the New Covenant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
No offense, but no, you didn't.

When a gentile accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and His words abide in that person then the become an adopted member of the family of Israel, a "fellowcitizen" with the saints so thus there is no more Jew no more Greek....

Now, as I stated before I think the confusion lies in understanding who "Israel" is quite frankly. Jesus Christ is "Israel." Everything that pointed to "Israel" was fulfilled in Jesus Christ and His ministry. He has "over come" the world. As believers in Him, who have His word abiding in us, and what He has done for us we are "over comers" in Him.

Most folks couldn't tell another that the name "Israel" means "over comer."

See above.
there u go again. A simple thing...
Tell me why you now think Gentiles are a part of the new cov?
What is so hard about a few sentences.Scripture reads easy,it sounds like you are skirting a bit.

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Corinth was home to Jews. In fact Paul reasoned with them in the synagogues every sabbath.

Act 18:4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

He was in fact there a year and six months.

Act 18:11 And he continued [there] a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.

Corinth had both.That is why it was noted for imorality,as per the man who.....(chapter 5)

The meat markets that Paul said to eat out of,only had meats sacrificed to idols.The markets sold shrimp too.:)

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
there u go again. A simple thing...
Tell me why you now think Gentiles are a part of the new cov?

I just did. I'll say it again, but I'll go slower.

When a gentile accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and His words abide in that person then the become an adopted member of the family of Israel, a "fellowcitizen" with the saints so thus there is no more Jew no more Greek....

Now, as I stated before I think the confusion lies in understanding who "Israel" is quite frankly. Jesus Christ is "Israel." Everything that pointed to "Israel" was fulfilled in Jesus Christ and His ministry. He has "over come" the world. As believers in Him, who have His word abiding in us, and what He has done for us we are "over comers" in Him.

Most folks couldn't tell another that the name "Israel" means "over comer."

What is so hard about a few sentences.

You mean writing or comprehending?

Scripture reads easy,it sounds like you are skirting a bit.

Oh well. I have no idea how it could be made any more plain.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Corinth had both.That is why it was noted for imorality,as per the man who.....(chapter 5)

Just making sure you knew. You seemed to be sayiing only gentiles lived there.

The meat markets that Paul said to eat out of,only had meats sacrificed to idols.The markets sold shrimp too.:)

I'm sure they did. That doesn't mean the Jews ate any however. BTW, how does one sacrifice a shrimp to an idol?

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
No question. Are you part of Abraham's seed?
Sure she is,I would think you know that,since you now on this thread seem to believe we are in the new cov.

Galatians 3:29
If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Upvote 0

BIBLE TIMES

Jun 1, 2009
California
✟821.00
Faith
Charismatic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just making sure you knew. You seemed to be sayiing only gentiles lived there.

I'm sure they did. That doesn't mean the Jews ate any however. BTW, how does one sacrifice a shrimp to an idol?
Well,what they did was ..Have you ever seen those mini Bbq's that are really small? The sterno ones?
They would put the little shrimpies on that,then dance wildly with tamberines all around the cooking little shrimp.The smoke would go up to the idol....they did this for a 72 hour period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He believed God and it was accounted to Him as righteousness.

Did he believe what God wrote down, used hand signs to communicate or what God actually "spoke" to Him?

"Now the LORD had said unto Abram"

"And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said..."

It was not working the law which was not given at the time of Abraham.
Is obeying the voice of the Lord, in essence, obeying His commandments, i.e. what He "speaks." Or, do you say to God, "Well God, that's not in your word so you must not be speaking to me?"

This must not be true: "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

So therefore Abraham did not obey the 10 for they were not given.
He hearkened (listened) to the voice of the Lord.

Jer 2:4 Hear ye the word of the LORD, O house of Jacob, and all the families of the house of Israel:
Oh, that's right....you don't have to listen to God.

No sabbath day given to obey. LOL
See Ezekiel 20.

Eze 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I [am] the LORD that sanctify them.Eze 20:13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which [if] a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them. Eze 20:14 But I wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted before the heathen, in whose sight I brought them out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.