Jun 27, 2015
✟38,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am dissatisfied with a number of aspects of technology, specifically smartphones. To summarize, I am dissatisfied with the limited functionality of accountability software on iPhone, and I am dissatisfied with settings on Android that can easily remove or disable accountability software.

Before I get into a discussion of the details I want to talk about the spiritual truth that I think God wants me to keep in mind. I read a devotional book that said the only thing you can cling to without hurting yourself is God. Technology has major flaws and because it is not God, it is very imperfect and does not satisfy. Also, when I used a flip phone and did not have convenient Internet access in the past, God’s message to me was Psalm 23 - “The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing.” So when everyone has computers and smartphones, and I had a flip phone before and did not have the same technology that a lot of people have, “I lack nothing”. So even without a smartphone, “I lack nothing”. If God was telling me that I lack nothing when I did not use a smartphone, well I can say “I lack nothing” when I have an iPhone that has some technical problems.

I have edited out the information I posted about ways to bypass accountability software. To explain in less detail, I am dissatisfied with iPhone because of the limited functionality of the software where screenshots are only taken of the web browser. I am thinking of getting Android where screenshots can be taken of the whole device, any app that is open. The screenshots are sent to friends who are accountability partners. However I am not fully satisfied with Android because of a setting that can erase the software and another setting that can disable the software. The setting that can disable the software will send out an accountability alert to a friend so I have some protection though.

Last edited:

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
First time I had a smartphone, I used it a lot for games, music, and movies. I also spent a lot of time in facebook but not on the phone but in the computer.

Then I didn't have much free time as I used to so I cut back on everything. I've lost interest in Facebook too and eventually, I stopped using facebook altogether except for the messenger app which I seldom use at all since I only have very few friends.

I also started losing interest in phone games, except for a simple tetris-like game I only play for 30 minutes a day.

I also started losing interest in random web browsing because the information seems always the same. The same recycled info presented in slightly different format as if mindless parrots have taken over the internet and posting random stuff and ideas they saw in another website. Everyone trying to look the same. Innovation and originality have left the planet. It gets tiresome and annoying over time, it's no longer educational for me.

Took me almost 10 years from using my phone a lot to barely touching it each day and night. I don't use any locks.

I'd say never let your guard down. Remember the world is under the hold of the devil 1 John 5:19. Recognize the world that is under the hold of the devil as despicable, all of it because all of it is just vanity and conceitedness. The don't care the consequences of their actions. They run away from it, deny it, convince themselves it doesn't exist in the world of fantasy they live in.

Once you truly recognize the world for what it is then you will no longer find your phone and technology as fascinating as it used to be. You won't be needing locks eithers. But it took me a long time for me to realize. At least the have patience to see it.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Technology has major flaws and because it is not God,
re "technology" , from Scripture Revelation of God's Purpose,,

Just a minute ago I copied this from "The Mind Behind The System"

"In the book of Genesis we find in Eden no hint of technology, no mention of mechanical instruments. After the Fall, however, we read that among the sons of Cain there was a forger of cutting instruments of brass and iron.

A few centuries ago it might have seemed fanciful to discern the spirit of antichrist in iron tools, even though for long the sword has been in open competition with the ploughshare. But today, in the hands of man,

metals have been turned to sinister and deadly uses, and as the end approaches the widespread abuse of technology and engineering will become even more apparent."

The Mind Behind the System
By Watchman Nee

Upvote 0