Dinosaur Extinction

Gen 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

Question ... Who are the sons of God?

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7 When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Statement ... the sons of God where around watching God create the universe asd said wow!

... if so Spirit beings had sex with Humans

What versess support this?

jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Question strange flesh?

1 cor 15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh, but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, [and] another of birds.

Does not mention angel or spiritual beings but we have example of angels and JC visiting in a human form where they ate then disappeared ...

Going back to Gen

gen 6:7 So the LORD said, "I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them."

Why? does God do this?

the evil angel/ demons / the third of the angels who followed satan where making Gaints and Dinosaurs by having sex to corupt the seed that was promised to judge them!

Upvote 0

southcountry

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7 When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Statement ... the sons of God where around watching God create the universe asd said wow!

jude 1:6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Question strange flesh?

1 cor 15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh, but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, [and] another of birds.

Does not mention angel or spiritual beings but we have example of angels and JC visiting in a human form where they ate then disappeared ...

Going back to Gen

gen 6:7 So the LORD said, "I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them."

Why? does God do this?

the evil angel/ demons / the third of the angels who followed satan where making Gaints and Dinosaurs by having sex to corupt the seed that was promised to judge them!

You said it better than I could. This is why I think the anti-christ will be a hybrid of some sort. We know how he likes to copy.

Daniel 11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm content to say that dinosaurs were killed off 65 million years ago and leave it at that. Which is long before modern homo sapiens walked on this earth.
66 million years ago -- the dating has been refined in the last few years. (Especially this year, in fact.)

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
66 million years ago -- the dating has been refined in the last few years. (Especially this year, in fact.)

Do you have the citation for that handy, I would be interested in learning why if it's not too much trouble.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Question strange flesh?

Going back to Gen

Why? does God do this?

I agree with some, disagree with some, but the OP was about dinosaur extinction, not creation.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you have the citation for that handy, I would be interested in learning why if it's not too much trouble.
The particular paper I was thinking of is lying on my desk: "Time Scales of Critical Events Around the Cretaceous-Paleogene Boundary", Renne et al, Science 339:684-687 (Feb 8, 2013).

Upvote 0
Why? does God do this?

so some of the dinos were strange flesh? :crossrc:

Yes... Mixture of the sons of God and other flesh 1cor 15:39?

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Yes... Mixture of the sons of God and other flesh 1cor 15:39?

that's what i have thought.. an aberration, just a thought, i havn't got any evidence, i am thinking of the raptors, and feathered dinosaurs.

although i no longer believe in the biblical flood, it does say there 'all flesh', which i have thought of as all flesh, and not flesh mixed with angels 'flesh'? another thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hit both... Flood destroyed all flesh except the boat and fish

Okay that's what I figured. The difference is you think dinos were manmade. I think they're divine (divinely created that is).

I do find the angels view of Genesis 6 unavoidable, though.

Regardless, I think all the evidence points to dinos thriving in the antediluvian world and completely failing in the postdiluvian world and hunted into extinction.

Just a random side note, a seriously cool movie or TV series, fiction or non, could be made in an antediluvian setting. I mean you've got dinosaurs/dragons, fallen angels, giants, ancient technology, majestic stone cities with pyramids, drama, war, etc.

Anyone out there in the film industry??

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Anyone out there in the film industry??

jonathan gray thinks there was an antideluvian civ which was more high tech than today. i agree, except that i dont think it was antideluvian, something else wiped them out. maybe an atomic war, or atlantis is under the ice of antarctica.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NOPE ... Demon made

God seems to contradict this speaking about Behemoth, likely a sauropod.

Job 40:15 “Look at the behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength he has in his loins,
what power in the muscles of his belly!
17 His tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.
18 His bones are tubes of bronze,
his limbs like rods of iron.
19 He ranks first among the works of God,
yet his Maker can approach him with his sword.
20 The hills bring him their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants he lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal him in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround him.
23 When the river rages, he is not alarmed;
he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth.
24 Can anyone capture him by the eyes,
or trap him and pierce his nose?

This creature was made by God on the same day God made man and according to this text it "ranks first among the works of God." It had a tail like a cedar tree and ate grass like an ox. Sure seems at least this dinosaur was not demon-made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums