Not Applicable
Oct 10, 2015
Republic of Texas
✟7,878.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I suggest that the faith described, is the acting of the faithful in harmony with God's will

Of course!

I would go further and say that the faith one has in God must be faith in God as He really is, otherwise our faith is in an idea and not in God.

He did not move mountains to the sea though, did He?

There are an infinite number of things He did not do

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He did, but He made the choice to always follow His Fathers will.
Being God, only He could manage that, despite than none of us
can do that fully.

8 Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father '?10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

This is correct.

Jesus had freewill, but CHOSE to do the will of His Father perfectly.

John 5:19-20
"Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. 20"For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing

John 6:38-39
"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day"

John 14:31
"so that the world may know that I love the Father, I do exactly as the Father commanded Me"

John 15:10
"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love"

Upvote 0