eieiowe61

Pressing towards the mark!
Oct 30, 2006
✟15,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I seem to be under attack this past week with worry and anxiety over my husband who returned to the Middle East for his job until his contract expires in July. He was here at the end of January to attend his father's funeral.

I worry for his health, safety, his anger issues, his salvation (goes to church when in the U.S., claims to pray and love God, but is far from being what we know as a Godly man).....and now I find myself worrying about our marriage and being faithful on top of all that.

Reality (and his email in response to these worries) says yes, the temptation is there, but his love for me is stronger. Why won't the devil leave me alone and just let me rest in the peace in knowing this is true?? I know he gets lonely over there, so the devil reminds me of that constantly. He's not exactly every girl's dream affair as he is overweight (300 pounds at 6'2") and suffers from severe ED from diabetes and other medications he's on, but can have a charming and flirtatious personality. He had (and probably still does, thanks to the internet) a inappropriate content addiction for years.

Certainly we've had a normal share of problems, doubts and suspicions in the past, all which were figments of our imagination. I see this as nothing more than a spiritual attack? Then sometimes my heart/mind wonders if it's GOD speaking to me about something "not being quite right"!

Has anyone else ever experienced this, particularly when separated for lengths of time from their spouse? All I can say is, I'll sure be glad when he's home for good in July (he's medically retiring at age 58-1/2).

And finally, please pray for me that I can find peace in my situation (and it wouldn't hurt to pray that my husband's love for me remains strong enough to avoid the temptations that satan just loves to throw his way). Thanks for listening and praying, brothers and sisters!!

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I have not been separated from my hubby like that before.. for that long and being that far away from him.. but I have had those types of thoughts flood in... They are horrible and you are right they do take away our peace and would be harder on you when your hubby is so far away..

Dear Father God I come to You through Jesus name.. Thank You that Your presence is with this dear sister every moment of every day.. Father help her to keep her eyes on You and tell satan to "go away" because he has not right to disturb her so and take away her peace.. Father he is a liar and a deceiver.. so we know that these thoughts are lies!! Father help this sister through this time without her husband and I pray that the time goes quickly.. I ask that her husband is helped to want to only be with his wife.. and that his heart is helped to draw closer to You and see His need to be fully committed to Jesus!! Father thank You that we can ask these things and know that when we trust in You our paths are made straight.. amen

Upvote 0

cavell

Senior Veteran
Jan 14, 2006
Yorkshire, England
✟34,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Heavenly Father I bring this dear sister before you as I pray today. You know all about this situation, and you know all about the worry and the heartache this separation brings. Grant her peace today in the knowledge that friends are praying.

Lord Jesus I pray for this loved husband and I ask you dear Lord to make him aware of your presence, as you minister to him as I pray today. Make him aware dear Lord that you are by his side, strengthening by the power of your Spirit.

Grant blessings in Jesus Name

Amen

Upvote 0

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I seem to be under attack this past week with worry and anxiety over my husband who returned to the Middle East for his job until his contract expires in July. He was here at the end of January to attend his father's funeral.

I worry for his health, safety, his anger issues, his salvation (goes to church when in the U.S., claims to pray and love God, but is far from being what we know as a Godly man).....and now I find myself worrying about our marriage and being faithful on top of all that.

Reality (and his email in response to these worries) says yes, the temptation is there, but his love for me is stronger. Why won't the devil leave me alone and just let me rest in the peace in knowing this is true?? I know he gets lonely over there, so the devil reminds me of that constantly. He's not exactly every girl's dream affair as he is overweight (300 pounds at 6'2") and suffers from severe ED from diabetes and other medications he's on, but can have a charming and flirtatious personality. He had (and probably still does, thanks to the internet) a inappropriate content addiction for years.

Certainly we've had a normal share of problems, doubts and suspicions in the past, all which were figments of our imagination. I see this as nothing more than a spiritual attack? Then sometimes my heart/mind wonders if it's GOD speaking to me about something "not being quite right"!

Has anyone else ever experienced this, particularly when separated for lengths of time from their spouse? All I can say is, I'll sure be glad when he's home for good in July (he's medically retiring at age 58-1/2).

And finally, please pray for me that I can find peace in my situation (and it wouldn't hurt to pray that my husband's love for me remains strong enough to avoid the temptations that satan just loves to throw his way). Thanks for listening and praying, brothers and sisters!!
icon12.gif

icon18.gif
"Give Us Today Our Daily Bread"

Lord God Please Reach Down From Heaven And Help Us . We Need You. Thank You For Allowing Me Another Day To Pray On This The Fourth Day Of Lent. You Deserve All Praise Father Forever And Ever. Please In Jesus Name Come To Our Aid For All The Needs Posted Here And Around The World.
Amen

Upvote 0