Status
Not open for further replies.

Unnamed Servant

Aug 2, 2004
Powell, TN/ Louisville, Ky
✟453.00
Faith
Baptist
IMHBCO (in my humble but correct opinion, lol) Derek Webb is the best writer in modern day christian music. He is releasing his new cd TOMORROW!!!!!!! (nov. 9th). www.derekwebb.com

He is a modern day prophet in his writing with such glorious, descriptive lyrics, not to mention his voice is amazing.

I would buy it just to read the lyrics, but anyway let's continue to persue the pleasing of Christ!

Love-In-Christ,

Unnamed Servant

eutychus

the phlegmatic one
Feb 7, 2004
Louisville
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
The new album is supposed to be more brutally honest and provacative than "She Must And Shall Go Free," if one can believe that. I plan on picking up my copy of "I See Things Upside-Down" this Thursday, when I see him live. :cool:

Derek Webb is one of the most articulate artists in the industry, and has the talent to surpass any Christian marketing (as he proved with his last album).

:thumbsup:

And other than believing in paedobaptism, his theology ain't half bad.

Upvote 0

BT

Fanatic
Jan 29, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟3,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Lord's Envoy said:
Mat 13:57 And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household."

:p
To take a portion of Scripture that is directly referring to Jesus and ascribe it to this guy Webb (or anyone else for that matter) deserves an

ACK!

Reactions: RED that's ME
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aReformedPatriot

Ron Paul for President!
Oct 30, 2004
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
BT said:
I'm glad that you can see these kinds of posts for what they really are instead of getting mad at me. I appreciate you too!

:hug:
Amen. There is a time and a place to be uptight. Blessed is the man who understands and embraces that. :p

Upvote 0
BT said:
To take a portion of Scripture that is directly referring to Jesus and ascribe it to this guy Webb (or anyone else for that matter) deserves an

ACK!
You gotta like BT :)

I agree with BT too! be careful saying someone is a modern prophet.
Too many young artist use "terms" in their music sometimes that are not understandable even to young people.
Just because someone writes a "christian song(s)" doesn't mean it's Biblical. There are some songs that are sung in churches that are not Biblically written but they sound good and sometimes people gets in the emotional part and thinks they are ok.

Upvote 0

Unnamed Servant

Aug 2, 2004
Powell, TN/ Louisville, Ky
✟453.00
Faith
Baptist
RED that's ME said:
You gotta like BT :)

I agree with BT too! be careful saying someone is a modern prophet.
Too many young artist use "terms" in their music sometimes that are not understandable even to young people.
Just because someone writes a "christian song(s)" doesn't mean it's Biblical. There are some songs that are sung in churches that are not Biblically written but they sound good and sometimes people gets in the emotional part and thinks they are ok.
Derek webb did not use the terms "modern day prophet" in his lyrics. I made that statemnet based on the truth he speaks.
"Reception and declaration of a word from the Lord through a direct prompting of the Holy Spirit and the human instrument thereof.

Old Testament Three key terms are used of the prophet. Ro'eh and hozeh are translated as 'seer.' The most important term, nabi, is usually translated 'prophet.' It probably meant 'one who is called to speak.'"

There is no doubt that Derek Webb is speaking from the Lord on the issues such as the current condition of the church. OT prophets spoke to the people about their condition in light of God's law, as Derek Webb speaks to people though his lyrics in light of Christ, his love, his sacrifice, and His Word.

I most definitely agree with you on this issue of many songs labeled as "Christian" are not biblical. Many people twists their preference on the sound of the songs in church to their worship, i.e. contemporary songs for younger people, and tradtionally hymns for older people.

I have found myself so many times checking songs biblically that I hear, whether modern or not. I have more pleasure in the lyrics in the songs we sing to Christ than in the sound or style of the song.

I ask that you read webb's songs and filter them with the scripture to test them. Everything that I have read from him is a desperate cry to leave the non-biblical, or perhaps biblically twisted way of life, and dive into the love of Christ and his word. I don't fully understand your reference to young people either? Maybe you could explain further what you meant.

Love-In-Christ,

Unnamed Servant

Upvote 0

mesue

Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
eutychus said:
The new album is supposed to be more brutally honest and provacative than "She Must And Shall Go Free," if one can believe that. I plan on picking up my copy of "I See Things Upside-Down" this Thursday, when I see him live. :cool:

Derek Webb is one of the most articulate artists in the industry, and has the talent to surpass any Christian marketing (as he proved with his last album).

:thumbsup:

And other than believing in paedobaptism, his theology ain't half bad.
I'm a credobaptist, myself ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eutychus

the phlegmatic one
Feb 7, 2004
Louisville
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
mesue said:
I'm a credobaptist, myself ;)
That deserves a hearty Baptist "Amen." :amen:

I'll bet you're just dying to have someone ask what paedobaptism is.
Haha...maybe I would be so shallow in a "General Theology" thread, but here I feel pretty secure that nobody is going to ascribe to it. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.