Denver Public Schools bans teachers from visiting Arizona

W

Wormdirt

9NEWS.com | Denver | Colorado's Online News Leader | Denver schools ban employee travel to Arizona

Yup, the headline is accurate. DPS just announced they're banning travel to Arizona.

Phone tenders for DPS are explaining that "they don't want their teachers to be exposed to the horrors of having to submit proof of identity" (such proof as would be required if suspected of having committed a crime). :doh:

One wonders if their "outrage" is any different when having to show an ID when cashing their [apparently] exorbitant pay checks. Hypocrites. And if they spent half the time doing their job rather than endorsing and promoting cultural marxism, perhaps more of their students would actually graduate high school able to read and write, than do now - a "criminal" act if ever there was one...

Arizona has explained that since the federal government isn't enforcing the law, their new law, which is similar to the federal law, WILL be enforced.

Good for Arizona! :thumbsup:

W

Wormdirt

Too bad, I was born in Colorado and it was one of the states I was thinking about moving to after I get out of the forsaken trash hole that is NY. Arizona on the other hand is looking better and better.
The mayor of New York said in response to this that he welcomes [Arizona's illegal immigrants] and that they should be given health care and housing, and jobs.... maybe wiser to leave NY sooner rather than later? :(

Upvote 0
W

Wormdirt

The teacher's unions want all the illegals they can get in the country. More $$$$ for the union bosses. More political power for the unions. More funding from the politicians the unions buy.
...as do the liberal politicians (and some rinos) - which is why they're not enforcing the immigration laws. If the majority of illegals were to represent themselves as conservatives or republicans, you'd see immediate and intense enforcement. As it is, they're allowing the law to be broken so they can give amnesty to as many new voters as they can - voters whom they know will vote for them. To heck with the welfare of this country, libs have their political careers to think about.

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
9NEWS.com | Denver | Colorado's Online News Leader | Denver schools ban employee travel to Arizona

Yup, the headline is accurate. DPS just announced they're banning travel to Arizona.

Phone tenders for DPS are explaining that "they don't want their teachers to be exposed to the horrors of having to submit proof of identity" (such proof as would be required if suspected of having committed a crime). :doh:

One wonders if their "outrage" is any different when having to show an ID when cashing their [apparently] exorbitant pay checks. Hypocrites. And if they spent half the time doing their job rather than endorsing and promoting cultural marxism, perhaps more of their students would actually graduate high school able to read and write, than do now - a "criminal" act if ever there was one...

Arizona has explained that since the federal government isn't enforcing the law, their new law, which is similar to the federal law, WILL be enforced.

This whole silly, cooked up controversy makes me laugh. I got pulled over by the police a couple of months ago and guess what! I left my driver's lisence in another pair of pants and I got a ticket for not having my ID on me.

Maybe I should sue them for violating my civil rights.

What's more, I own a piece of a trucking company and you should see what would happen to those guys if they got caught without their ID.

I fly out of Baltimore and Philly a couple of times a year and would you believe that they require me to show my ID to get on the plane?

What, does that mean they're racially profiling fat middle aged Dutch-Americans now? Where is Sharpton and Jackson and the usual suspects (ironic choice of words, huh?) when my civil rights are being violated?

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
...as do the liberal politicians (and some rinos) - which is why they're not enforcing the immigration laws. If the majority of illegals were to represent themselves as conservatives or republicans, you'd see immediate and intense enforcement. As it is, they're allowing the law to be broken so they can give amnesty to as many new voters as they can - voters whom they know will vote for them. To heck with the welfare of this country, libs have their political careers to think about.

Sorry, you can't blame this on the liberals. Republicans have done no better in enforcing immigration. It was even Reagan (the patron saint of conservatives) that gave amnesty to illegal aliens and made them legal. Neither party, at least on a national level, has been willing to take any steps to stem the flow of illegal aliens.

Maren(who voted for Reagan twice)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Sorry, you can't blame this on the liberals. Republicans have done no better in enforcing immigration. It was even Reagan (the patron saint of conservatives) that gave amnesty to illegal aliens and made them legal. Neither party, at least on a national level, has been willing to take any steps to stem the flow of illegal aliens.

Maren(who voted for Reagan twice)

Sad but true. The failure of the Republicans to protect our borders is one of the reasons I'm no longer a Republican.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian

The issue is this law will likely bring back racial profiling like crazy.

P.S. I know an illegal immigrant with a non-trivial, non-zero number of children. The father is not present, through no fault of his on (basically he was deported) and he wants to be with them. Due to other problems, they cannot be placed where the father is and the father is UNABLE to provide them support, even though he wants to (I have spoken with him personally a while ago). They currently live with major aid from a few families in the area. If the family was deported, the chance for the children to be abused would drastically increase (especially neglect due to inability to afford the basics). They deserve to be here as much, if not more than, many legal citizens/immigrants I know).

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian

Wait, since when do illegals get a chance to vote?

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
P.S. I know an illegal immigrant with a non-trivial, non-zero number of children. The father is not present, through no fault of his on (basically he was deported) and he wants to be with them. Due to other problems, they cannot be placed where the father is and the father is UNABLE to provide them support, even though he wants to (I have spoken with him personally a while ago). They currently live with major aid from a few families in the area. If the family was deported, the chance for the children to be abused would drastically increase (especially neglect due to inability to afford the basics). They deserve to be here as much, if not more than, many legal citizens/immigrants I know).

Let me make sure I understand you correctly... He came into this country illegally, had children, got caught and deported. And that's not his fault? How?

A little personal responsibility please.

As to the Colorado employees... Where they planning a lot of "work-related" trips to Arizona in this time of economic crisis?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Let me make sure I understand you correctly... He came into this country illegally, had children, got caught and deported. And that's not his fault? How?
His wife was with him. He brought her to America to help their children get ahead. Which is why she could be deported.
A little personal responsibility please.
Yeah, immigrating to a new country to better you life isn't responsibility. He would have done so legally had it been an option for him. I view him no different than any other immigrant back in the day.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I still don't see how violating the law and getting into this predicament under his own free will is not entirely his fault. You take a chance when you violate any law and if you get busted you have no one to blame but yourself for what happens.

I also don't buy the "back in the day" argument. This is a different country than it was "back in the day". If you expect to be treated like you would have been 100 years ago, too bad.

If your friend was trying to escape a bad situation, that sucks, but it doesn't excuse the fact that he did broke the law by coming into this country without following the legal channels.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
yep...but so is a good deal of our present policies

Except they aren't restricting the travel of their employees. The employees are free to take vacations in Arizona. All this says is that no work-related travel that the Denver School District pays for is to be to Arizona.

As someone else pointed out, this is likely more of a PR stunt than a policy that will actually effect travel since it is unlikely there is much need for teachers to travel to Arizona for work-related reasons.

Upvote 0