Bunn

May 8, 2006
Tennessee
✟7,913.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Here's the thing... I work as a manager at a movie theater. And this movie isn't even out yet but the raging, heated, arguments and debates have begun to fly. I don't want to see this movie but I want to defend christianity.

So how can I go about doing this? I mean does anyone have any tips for me or anything? I wish I knew the bible better... I'm working on it.

kinda off topic... but someone i was talking to about this movie said they think that the end is really getting close. because it seems like satan is pulling out all of his tricks cuz he knows he is running out of time.

it is a sign of the end that people will believe a lie and false teachings... could the da vinchi code be it?

i need to get out of the movie theater... satan rulls holywood. right now we have a movie about witches and one about possession, next week is the lies of da vinchi and a movie about a lunatic who "kills for God" and then a week after that is the omen 666....
this world is screwed up.....

Reactions: soblessed53

Lithium Hobo

Daedric Prince
Jan 26, 2005
Hobo 13
Visit site
✟18,752.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bunn said:
Here's the thing... I work as a manager at a movie theater. And this movie isn't even out yet but the raging, heated, arguments and debates have begun to fly. I don't want to see this movie but I want to defend christianity.

So how can I go about doing this? I mean does anyone have any tips for me or anything? I wish I knew the bible better... I'm working on it.

kinda off topic... but someone i was talking to about this movie said they think that the end is really getting close. because it seems like satan is pulling out all of his tricks cuz he knows he is running out of time.

it is a sign of the end that people will believe a lie and false teachings... could the da vinchi code be it?

i need to get out of the movie theater... satan rulls holywood. right now we have a movie about witches and one about possession, next week is the lies of da vinchi and a movie about a lunatic who "kills for God" and then a week after that is the omen 666....

Okay, when people start creating churches that teach the DaVinci Code, then you can be worried. Until then, realize that IT'S JUST A WORK OF FICTION. And a lunatic that kills for god upsets you? What about the Crusades? Plenty of people in that one killing for god.

Yes there are movies about witches and possession, but who cares? They're not trying to convert anyone, they don't show possessions in a favorable light. So why are you worried?

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Bunn said:
I don't want to see this movie but I want to defend christianity.

Atta girl Bunn!!!!! Here´s a couple of ideas :

1)As multiplex manager , write up a flyer stating that the movie misrepresents Christianity and hand it out with every ticket purchase or put it up in the lobby.

2)Hold "Davinci Code" townhall discussions in the lobby. Invite your local Catholic priest.

3)Do not recommend the movie to Christians.

4) Call your local church to get people to start picketing the film

What do you think ?

Upvote 0

Bunn

May 8, 2006
Tennessee
✟7,913.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'd love to be able to do some of that... but I work for a major chain. And well... we aren't allowed to do such things. Everything must be approved by the corporation.

But I don't recommend it to Christians. I just would like to be able to fight the good fight when its needed. Which is going to be alot. Many heated debates have already been stirred up and everyone knows it's fictional but still everyone is thinking about it and starting to wonder.

I read in an evangel magazine that they expect this movie to lead many people away and against Christianity... and well I can see happening already. And it's not even out yet.

And as for the demon movies... I don't feel that people should be allowing themselves to be opened up to such things. I think it just creates footholds.
And a killer who kills for God... that is just ridiculous. No one would be told by God to kill people. It's just another foothold and misleads people.

Upvote 0

fromdownunder

Apr 21, 2006
✟9,024.00
Faith
Atheist
Bunn said:
IAnd a killer who kills for God... that is just ridiculous. No one would be told by God to kill people. It's just another foothold and misleads people.

Genesis 22-2

Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."

Norm

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Honestly, if the Da Vinci Code is the best Satan can do, Satan is a total pansy.

Or a genius since only knuckle-headed Christians take the book/movie seriously.

But still, the "end times" deception? More like "practical joke".

and then a week after that is the omen 666....

LOL.

1. Its the number of a person, not a date.

2. Our calender is actually 4-6 years off. They date Christ's birth to 4-6 BC, meaning the next week is actually 6/6/10-14.

Upvote 0

HawaiianTropicalDude

Leaning on Him all the way
Jul 19, 2005
NYC
✟4,284.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Can I ask you something in a respectful way as I don't want you to start turning this thread into a fight zone. I noticed your Catholic icon. Is it now against your religion to see this film? I don't understand here.:confused: :confused:
The Ascetic Crusader said:
Hey Bunn...how about option 4 ? They can´t fire you for that ? If they did, you´d get nationwide exposure for sure...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 25, 2004
Seneca, SC
✟7,752.00
Faith
Christian
Just like I said in the other thread...

I'll be going to see this flick, taking it in as it's meant to be - just a make believe story. I see this as a huge opportunity for us Christians to witness to unbelievers through this flick.

The film is sure to raise quite a few questions, and it's our job to be able to know what the movie is about, in detail, to then be able to talk to the unbelievers and witness to them, letting them know what is true and what is a flat out lie and untruth.

Many people will be interested in Christianity, for better or for worse, after watching this flick. We just need to be there to help guide them to the truth after their interest in Christianity and Jesus is created.

Ignoring the film, protesting it, and blacklisting those who are producing it will do nothing at all, but becoming familiar with the material and being ready to witness to those who do see the flick could do a lot of good, for a lot of people, and could have an impact on their life much greater than the film itself.

I can't help but look at this entire situation as a huge positive for Christians, as it's a chance for all Christians, even those who never would witness to anyone usually, to have their real chance.

Don't be afraid to watch the film. You guys know the truth, you know fact from fiction, so just remember that going in. Take it simply as a make believe story just like any other film, and after it's all over and done with, be ready to stand up for your beliefs and let people know the actual truth of the Christian religion, and it's history.

...sit back and imagine that you are not a Christian. Picture a Christian coming up to you putting down this film and speaking out against it, but then when you ask if they have seen it or even know what it's totally about in detail, they say no. Would you really take what they say to heart?

I know I wouldn't.

Upvote 0

The Ascetic Crusader

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Milk River , Alberta
✟16,955.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
otnemeMMemento said:
Just like I said in the other thread...

I'll be going to see this flick, taking it in as it's meant to be - just a make believe story.

In other words you WILL be dollar voting for Hanks, Howard, Sony Pics, and the satanic Hollywood cabal bent on bringing down Christianity...

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Bunn said:

Yep, for great ammunition watch "Cracking The DaVinci Code". It was on the Sci-Fi channel tonight,but I believe it has also been showing on the History and National Geographic Channels. It really shows all Dan Brown's lies in his book. Plus Remember there is no single Bible Scholar who takes his malarky serious!

Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

Borealis

Catholic Homeschool Dad
Dec 8, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
✟10,009.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
CA-Conservatives
HawaiianTropicalDude said:
Can I ask you something in a respectful way as I don't want you to start turning this thread into a fight zone. I noticed your Catholic icon. Is it now against your religion to see this film? I don't understand here.:confused: :confused:
It's not against our religion to watch a movie. The Vatican has told us that the movie is garbage and should be boycotted, but there's no 'Thou Shalt Not...' commandment being handed down. Common sense tells us that this movie is retarded and not worth the time to glance at the poster.

We're given the choice to do a lot of things (not things that break the law, of course). It's our choices that define us. The Church can say 'this is wrong,' but a lot of Catholics will do it anyway.

Upvote 0

BearerBob

May 18, 2006
Visit site
✟17,228.00
Faith
Christian
In other words you WILL be dollar voting for Hanks, Howard, Sony Pics, and the satanic Hollywood cabal bent on bringing down Christianity...

How is a fictional movie going to bring down anything? The whole idea for the Grail itself is fiction. I really can't see how this is going to hurt Christianity anymore than Titanic hurt Carnival Cruiselines. It may even spark people to find out the facts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lithium Hobo

Daedric Prince
Jan 26, 2005
Hobo 13
Visit site
✟18,752.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Borealis said:
It's not against our religion to watch a movie. The Vatican has told us that the movie is garbage and should be boycotted, but there's no 'Thou Shalt Not...' commandment being handed down. Common sense tells us that this movie is retarded and not worth the time to glance at the poster.

We're given the choice to do a lot of things (not things that break the law, of course). It's our choices that define us. The Church can say 'this is wrong,' but a lot of Catholics will do it anyway.

No...it's common sense to make up your own mind, not wait for the word to be passed down from the Vatican. If you don't want to see the movie, do it based on a a review, or something, not just blind faith directed towards a work of fiction. It's ment to entertain, which I hear it fails to do, not warp your fragile minds into a collective blob in which to shape for the new athesitic, or satanic, world domination. No no, I have other means of doing that. ;)

Upvote 0

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bunn said:

The most important thing is to get your facts straight, and misspelling the name of one of the most brilliant men of history won't help your case ;)

There are several good documentaries (as mentioned), that seem to be stuck on repeat on the History Channel, Learning Channel, and others. The couple that I've seen have been quite good, and very interesting. It also might be worth actually reading the book so you know what you're talking about. You can get it from the library if you don't want to give them your money :)

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you realize how foolish you sound???

Do you really think Ron Howard and Tom Hanks are out to "bring down christianity" And do you really think that after 2000 years one single little movie is gonna be the one to do it? After everything Christianity has endured, it's going to be a motion picture to end it all?

Seriously.... :sleep::sleep::sleep:

*Looks at tickets for the 10:20pm showing tonight* Sheesh! I can't wait :clap:

Upvote 0

Borealis

Catholic Homeschool Dad
Dec 8, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
✟10,009.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lithium Hobo said:
No...it's common sense to make up your own mind, not wait for the word to be passed down from the Vatican. If you don't want to see the movie, do it based on a a review, or something, not just blind faith directed towards a work of fiction. It's ment to entertain, which I hear it fails to do, not warp your fragile minds into a collective blob in which to shape for the new athesitic, or satanic, world domination. No no, I have other means of doing that. ;)
Who said I was rejecting it on blind faith? I've seen enough and read enough to know that the book has about as much substance as cotton candy, and it doesn't taste nearly as good. I didn't need to wait for an e-mail from the Pope to tell me this movie would suck. The fact that it's blasphemous adds to the distaste, but isn't the only reason. I laughed out loud at Dogma, although I wasn't impressed with the 'theology' espoused.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.