Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So I've been thinking about this subject for a while now. More so I think about this when it comes to the music industry. Maybe more details on that later.

My question is do you believe that "deals with the devil" are a common thing, or not so common thing.

I'm pretty unsure myself, but I'm leaning to common. I do think that individuals "sell their souls" so that they can get ahead in this world. I also think that when you don't align yourself with God, you forfeit your soul rather than sell it over, but either way the devil still takes ownership of it.

So what are your thoughts?

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I've been thinking about this subject for a while now. More so I think about this when it comes to the music industry. Maybe more details on that later.

My question is do you believe that "deals with the devil" are a common thing, or not so common thing.

I'm pretty unsure myself, but I'm leaning to common. I do think that individuals "sell their souls" so that they can get ahead in this world. I also think that when you don't align yourself with God, you forfeit your soul rather than sell it over, but either way the devil still takes ownership of it.

My eldest son is a rippin' lead guitar player. He has contemplated this question many times, and could tell many an account of 'musicians' who have openly stated 'where' their 'musical talents' came from and 'how.'

Tribal music is filled with such practices to this day, only far more sophisticated than that of the past. Yeah, even in the 'churches.'

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think there is a distinction between making a deal with the devil and selling your soul.

You cannot sell your soul. You are not your own (1 Corinthians 6:19).

However, you can agree with the devil.

2 Corinthians 6:14-16 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My eldest son is a rippin' lead guitar player. He has contemplated this question many times, and could tell many an account of 'musicians' who have openly stated 'where' their 'musical talents' came from and 'how.'

Tribal music is filled with such practices to this day, only far more sophisticated than that of the past. Yeah, even in the 'churches.'

Good to hear that your son is being weary of how his talents are used. I've heard stories myself which is why I've been thinking about this as of late. Makes me wonder about the types of "good music" that people like to listen to.

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you "hype" devilish lifestyles that incite people to "follow along" that is selling out to the works of the Devil.

affirmation said:
Priest: Do you reject Satan?
Response: I do.
Priest: And all his works?
Priest: And all his empty promises?

Upvote 0

sungaunga

Jul 10, 2009
✟27,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God owns our soul. Contrary to what people say, we can't sell it or give it to anyone. It's not ours to begin with. Sure, it's "our" soul but not in an ultimate sense. And He's ultimately the one who sends us to hell or heaven.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Satanical ritual does happen today. However one cannot sell their soul permanently to the devil that is movie magic. The soul belongs to God. The soul can end up goign to hell if the mortal sin is not repented of and confessed to God. But the devil has no power over souls. Humans have the ability to remain in the sin of Satanical acts. Speak to anyone who has come out of the satanical church. Fr. Pacwa has spoken to and used to work with cults and people coming out of satanical cults and he dealt with a satanical priest who repented and came back tot he Church.

Upvote 0
P

ParanoidAndroid

I think the better question is how God made it possible to sell our souls to him (by Grace, through Faith). This whole "deal with the devil" issue implies that our souls already belong to God and we can willingly give it to Satan for the betterment of our careers, or whatever.

This is false. The moment we sin, our souls already belong to Satan. So how can we sell to Satan what he already owns? We can only try and sell it back to God for salvation. And God, being a gracious God does not want us to "buy" our way into heaven, but makes it an entirely free gift, if we but put out our hands and accept it.

Sorry, this might not be the answer you're looking for, but it appears to be the biblical answer. So yes, people make "deals with the devil" all the time - every time they reject God and go their own way. But this is not in the literal sense of giving their soul in favour of a good career, but simply the unfortunate result of sin impacting on our daily lives.

~ Regards, PA

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps I should clarify. I put "sell your soul" in quotes for a reason. I don't believe you can actually set out a contract with the devil in which he permanently gains possession of you. And again, when I say soul I'm talking about your life. I really mean do you think that people, today, more then most would think, are turning their backs on God for the chance to be elevated in some form in this world. In other words, are more people looking for help from the Devil so they can gain this world, by turning their back to God.

Upvote 0

CalmRon

Aug 20, 2009
Western New York
✟8,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
'deals with the devil' would seem to imply that we as humans are a wholly untalented bunch. i think that God gives us natural talents which we then seem to ply to service to whatever is our master. our soul is not our own but God's, our allegiance is another matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
'deals with the devil' would seem to imply that we as humans are a wholly untalented bunch. i think that God gives us natural talents which we then seem to ply to service to whatever is our master. our soul is not our own but God's, our allegiance is another matter.

True. Thing is that I've heard testimony regarding people who, to become famous artists, have essentially given their allegiance to Satan and as a result, they've been given an increased ability to perform

Upvote 0

CalmRon

Aug 20, 2009
Western New York
✟8,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True. Thing is that I've heard testimony regarding people who, to become famous artists, have essentially given their allegiance to Satan and as a result, they've been given an increased ability to perform

and there are other who are talented artists who by the fruit of their actions have sold themselves to Satan, whether they realize it or not. the question posed by the thread is whether a person who has had this deal is salvable or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No man owns his own soul, nor can any man permanently sell such away to another man or to the devil.

God is The Maker of ALL and The Owner of ALL. No one sets their own course. No one controls their own path apart from our Maker. All things transpire within OmniPresence. Nothing is hidden from Him.

If there is an enemy, that enemy is raised by God, just as Pharaoh was raised. Such enemies serve Gods Exact Intentions and Purposes and who can know what purposes those are in their entirety?

God will have mercy on exactly those for whom such mercy is intended.

And God will destroy those who were made for destruction.

The identities of these have been presently covered. Anyone who guesses at the eternal fate of another person is already blinded.

God Is The Saviour of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums