Daniel 9:26/27 not talking about the anti-christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What makes you believe that the guy in Daniel 9:27 is the anti-christ?

Why isn't 9:27 referring to 9:26?

Dan 9:26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Dan 9:27And he (the prince that shall come) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] (city/sanctuary) desolate, even until the consummation (the end), and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate (Israel/Jerusalem).

Isn't 9:27 talking about Israel/Jerusalem's desolation and their dispersion? Daniel 9:27 is giving details about how the city/sanctuary are desolated!

Mic 5:3Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labor gives birth and the rest of his brothers return to join the Israelites.

Hsa 6:2After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

WOW! Now, line Matt 24 up with that! That desolation and dispersion continue until the end and is the great tribulation to include wars, famines, plagues, persecution, martyrdom. (aka the riders of Rev 6/Ezek 14:21)

When the "consummation" or end (sun/moon darken/stars fall) comes, then there is 1260-1335 days that remain for the judgment and wrath of God.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

The angel was telling Daniel what is going to happen to Israel leading up to their "abandonment" (desolation/dispersion) in 66-70AD!

Apparently, there is a pause in the middle of the final seven in order to bring in the church and once the church is come in, then that final seven resumes as the judgment and wrath of God to include the trumpets, the beasts, the bowls, resulting in the restoration of Israel and the world under the rule of Christ who reigns for a millennium and then gives it all back over to God!

Last edited:

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jen,

1. If you are asking to gain info - Google is your friend
2. If you are asking in order to make a point - Have a nice day

No, I'm asking for opinions...to see if anyone else sees what I see!!! :prayer::groupray: This is very exciting!

Upvote 0
H

hiscosmicgoldfish2

What makes you believe that the guy in Daniel 9:27 is the anti-christ?

Why isn't 9:27 referring to 9:26?

Dan 9:26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Dan 9:27And he (the prince that shall come) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] (city/sanctuary) desolate, even until the consummation (the end), and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate (Israel/Jerusalem).

This is the same guy, because of the flow of the text. The people of the prince were Syrians. So the 9:27 is following on with this prince, who will be a leader of the Syrians. That is why he is 'the prince of the people'.. and not imo. 'the antichrist'.
The prince in 9:26 is a Roman prince that led the army against Jerusalem.... 9:27 is a future prince.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is the same guy, because of the flow of the text. The people of the prince were Syrians. So the 9:27 is following on with this prince, who will be a leader of the Syrians. That is why he is 'the prince of the people'.. and not imo. 'the antichrist'.

Why the syrians and not the Romans who desolated in 70AD?...or do you mean Romans instead of Syrians?

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Could be, i have to try and figure it out. At the moment i am studying Daniel. It does seem to be that Damascus will be nuked.. but i doubt that has anything to do with the confirmation of covenant.

Yes, I agree.

Upvote 0
H

hiscosmicgoldfish2

Yes, I agree.

it's not on topic.. but.. i mentioned it before, this business with my church and the unconditional support for israel, which seems to go against basic common sense. Should we keep quiet about it? Do they provoke it deliberately? Another one at the church said it again.. and i could feel this rage build up again, and i just said.. 'well i'm not going to get into that' when he said that (paraphrase).. it's correct for isreal to kill all those palestinians becasue they are God's chosen people. Also 'we should pray for our leaders.. perhaps i wont be forced to confront these profound idiots again.. or i will avoid them and not talk to them any more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it's not on topic.. but.. i mentioned it before, this business with my church and the unconditional support for israel, which seems to go against basic common sense. Should we keep quiet about it? Do they provoke it deliberately? Another one at the church said it again.. and i could feel this rage build up again, and i just said.. 'well i'm not going to get into that' when he said that (paraphrase).. it's correct for isreal to kill all those palestinians becasue they are God's chosen people. Also 'we should pray for our leaders.. perhaps i wont be forced to confront these profound idiots again.. or i will avoid them and not talk to them any more.

What is happening in Israel is prophetic. Psalm 83. They are plotting together to wipe Israel off the map. There are people who believe in Him, saying, "help us" and God will indeed step in.

Therefore, God considers them to be His people...right now. Is every single person in Israel one of His people? No..just like not everyone who calls themselves a Christian is a Christian.

Psa 83:1A song. A psalm of Asaph. O God, do not keep silent; be not quiet, O God, be not still.
Psa 83:2See how your enemies are astir, how your foes rear their heads.
Psa 83:3With cunning they conspire against your people; they plot against those you cherish.
Psa 83:4"Come," they say, "let us destroy them as a nation, that the name of Israel be remembered no more."
Psa 83:5With one mind they plot together; they form an alliance against you--
Psa 83:6the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, of Moab and the Hagrites,
Psa 83:7Gebal, Ammon (JORDAN) and Amalek, Philistia (PALESTINIANS), with the people of Tyre (LEBANON).
Psa 83:8Even Assyria (Iran/Iraq/Syria) has joined them to lend strength to the descendants of Lot. Selah

Israel, in my opinion, is more than justified in her current fight. I would want my government to do something if Mexico openly declared to "wipe America off the map" and started sending rockets into the suburbs.

Israel is also prophecied to inherit ALL of that land from the Euphrates to the Mediterranean regardless of what the muslims think.

God has miraculously protected Israel for these last 60 years even though her neighbors conspire against her. I'd say that's reason enough to be on Israel's side, generally. And, when you think about it, in the end, whose side do we want to be on? Do we want to side with people who worship the same God that we do whom God is obviously looking out for or do we want to be on the side of the people who God calls "briars and thorns" to His people??

Eze 28:24" 'No longer will the people of Israel have malicious neighbors who are painful briers and sharp thorns. Then they will know that I am the Sovereign LORD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are jumping the gun a bit.

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

The "he" can be referring to either two people. Its either the Messiah or the people of the prince. The prince is not a being referred to in the preceding verse. So the pronoun cannot refer to the prince unless its "Messiah the Prince".

It refers to the Messiah and not the Antichrist.

However there are a few questions that we need to take into consideration whatever our view.

1. Is the "Messiah the Prince" in verse 25 the same as the "prince" in verse 26.
2. Who then is the people of the prince.
3. Must a 2000 plus year gap be inserted into this prophecy.
4. Who really confirmed the covenant. Can someone confirm a covenant that they did not make.

If the abomination of desolation occurred when Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, that means that the covenant must have been confirmed before that time. I do not comprehend every word of this prophecy but from what i know it has to be the Messiah who is the subject of this prophecy.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are jumping the gun a bit.

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

The "he" can be referring to either two people. Its either the Messiah or the people of the prince. The prince is not a being referred to in the preceding verse. So the pronoun cannot refer to the prince unless its "Messiah the Prince".

It refers to the Messiah and not the Antichrist.

However there are a few questions that we need to take into consideration whatever our view.

1. Is the "Messiah the Prince" in verse 25 the same as the "prince" in verse 26.
2. Who then is the people of the prince.
3. Must a 2000 plus year gap be inserted into this prophecy.
4. Who really confirmed the covenant. Can someone confirm a covenant that they did not make.

If the abomination of desolation occurred when Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, that means that the covenant must have been confirmed before that time. I do not comprehend every word of this prophecy but from what i know it has to be the Messiah who is the subject of this prophecy.

"The people of the prince".....if the prince is Jesus, as you suggest, then the Jews destroyed the city and the sanctuary when we know it was the Romans.

Daniel 9:26-27 is not about the anti-christ at all. Daniel 9:27 describes what happened in regards to the desolation of the city and the sanctuary in the previous verse.

The "final seven" is cut in half. Half was completed in 70AD when the city and the sanctuary were destroyed/desolated and the people dispersed. Then came a nearly 2000 year tribulation for Israel and the world. The only thing that remains to come is the last half of that final seven.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Dan 9:27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

First we have to understand that these two verses are referring to the same event. The middle of the seven week period was marked by the Messiah (Christ) being "cut off" i.e. cruxified. Verse 27 is referring to the same event. "he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease" this event was brough about by His death. That is the reason we do not have to offer sacrifices of animals anymore.

Isn't 9:27 talking about Israel/Jerusalem's desolation and their dispersion? Daniel 9:27 is giving details about how the city/sanctuary are desolated!

Mic 5:3Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labor gives birth and the rest of his brothers return to join the Israelites.

Hsa 6:2After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Another point that we need to be mindful of. Christ tried to confirm His covenant during the one week period with Israel. However the jews totally rejected Christ by cruxifying him, and than by stonning stpehen. The last 3.5 weeks dealt with God moving on from the jews as His chosen people, to the gentiles.

Thus the reason why paul says "there is neither jew nor greek". Isreal now is symbolic of all those who accept Christ

Another great persecution is to come, and it will be world wide...and than we shall see Him whom we have longed for coming in the clouds of glory.

The "final seven" is cut in half. Half was completed in 70AD when the city and the sanctuary were destroyed/desolated and the people dispersed. Then came a nearly 2000 year tribulation for Israel and the world. The only thing that remains to come is the last half of that final seven.
This is incorrect. The seven weeks are just a specific period outlined in the 2300 day prophecy which came to an end back in 1844.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Daniel 9:27 is talking about the Antichrist, for it refers to the
abomination of desolation, which Jesus said the church will see
happen: "ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation,
spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place"
(Matthew 24:15). This is found also in Daniel 11:31, in connection
with the Antichrist's proclaiming himself God: "And arms shall stand
on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and
shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the
abomination that maketh desolate ... and he shall exalt himself, and
magnify himself above every god" (Daniel 11:31,36); "Who opposeth
and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is
worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing
himself that he is God" (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

This hasn't happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.