Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When we were dating and in the first years of marriage, he called me 'Babydoll'. It has since been shortened to 'Babe' (which I can't say I'm all too fond of), but it could be worse, I suppose. :o

I call him 'Welby'. His name is Mark and there was that old doctor show, Marcus Welby, MD. Anyway, his grandmother called him that for years and I picked it up from her. :pink:

What kind of cutesy nicknames do you and your spouse have for one another?

Love, Heather

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hmmmm.....the more I thought about this, the more I realized that someone might think I was insulting my husband when I call him my little silly terms of endearment for him. *laughs* He calls me "baby girl", "honey", and "Jennapiller". (<---long bug-type story)
Me, I call him "babe", "Sweets", "Goober", "Bug", and "Mikeapiller". It all depends on the situation and time of day, I think. Really though, I don't want to squash him, but maybe I would eat him. I'm still working that out. *laughs*

Upvote 0

jharkins

Jun 10, 2004
Maryland
✟15,123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My name is Joanna and my husband has called me Joan from the day we meant. He still has my name in his cell phone as Joan. I don't really have a nickname for him. He also calls me Babe or sweetie or Babydoll. I call him honey or babe!

Just thinking of these names makes me smile. In our moments of frustration I should recall his compassion. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Upvote 0

Mrs A

Mrs A
Jun 19, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
✟7,637.00
Faith
Christian
hi

i used to call my Husband D (short for Dion) but then all our friends started doing it as well so it lost the meaning, i still call him that sometimes. my name is Rebekah and my husband callsbme beckle freckle he is alway saying he likes my freckles i dont see whats so grand about them but hey.

Upvote 0

Xul

Jun 14, 2004
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
My wife and I have a few names, I call her "babydoll", "lover", "angel",etc, but we also have a thing where we call each other names like "geek" and "nerd" (of course all in fun and at appropriate times):)

And to AirForceTeacher.....Your name is from the first Batman movie when Alexander Knox is talking to Vicki Vale in Bruce Wayne's "armour collection" I guess you could call it and he looks at an especially wierd one and says "...and this guy must have been King of the Wicker People!" Shortly after which they realize Bruce Wayne was behind them the whole time and he ends up giving Knox a grant! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Violet

living in marital bliss
Apr 14, 2004
Texas
✟8,730.00
Faith
Baptist
lol...my husband calls me "Jenny" in his Forrest Gump voice...and I call him "husband". I was just so excited after we got married that I had a husband I couldn't stop calling him that lol. I think this would go under the "silly" nicknames lol. And I have no idea why he calls me "Jenny" it's just something he started one day lol.

Upvote 0

Peter

Veteran
Aug 19, 2003
Southern US
Visit site
✟2,154.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I call her (at various times): Woman (the highest comliment she can get seeing as how it's the name given Eve by God); Wife of my Youth; wife.

She calls me: Husband of my childhood; hon(ey); babe; husband.

(However, I made her really mad recently, so she's called me #$%#$%# and !@@#)

Peace.

Peter

Reactions: HeatherJay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Funkmd

awake
Aug 30, 2003
Maryland
✟7,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Uhhhhhh okay, this will be funny.

I've been called "baby love" for a few years and recently have been given the sweet nickname of "poopy", with variations steming to "Poop", "poops"; and the latest, "Pooh"
of course there is also "sweetums" "honey" "baby", and "bull"(steming from "bull in a china shop")

I look nothing like a "baby love", I am 6 foot 250 lbs of outdoorsman, backpacking, hunting, fishing, ex-football and lacrosse player. People think it's hillarious when she'll let that name slip out on accident in front of people.
It's pretty funny for us too.

"Poopy" stems from my additude in the morning at 5am when I have to get up for work, or when I've had a bad day.

I usually call her Sweats, princess, princess poopy, honey, and angel.

good times :)

~

Reactions: HeatherJay
Upvote 0

LiberatedChick

Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
My fiance (not my fiance for much longer...getting married on Saturday :D ) and I call each other Eskimo. This started a couple weeks after we first got together. The name came about after our first kiss ended up in us rubbing noses. My dad and I used to rub noses when I was a toddler and he would say that's how the eskimos say hello to each other. I commented that we were like eskimos to my fiance and the name stuck...we've both called each other eskimo ever since. :)

Upvote 0