• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

"cursing" things, having a hard time with this

gtp40

May 14, 2006
✟15,248.00
Faith
Christian
So, one of my big OCD issues right now (when I'm not freaking out about vows) is this idea that things can be "cursed".

So, just recently today, I had this issue: I was worried that I had said I would worship the evil one about something, this issue typically comes up day to day. (For example, let's say I want to do something with a friend, I will get thoughts about worshiping the evil one if I can hang out with a friend, etc.) So anyways, I was worried that anything I did before cancelling this would be "cursed", so I was just lying in bed thinking about how I was going to have to do a prayer to cancel this before I did anything. Well, being an OCDer I have prayed like a MILLION times to cancel something, and feeling like I have to do that really sucks. So this time, I seemed to say I really would "curse" whatever I was going to use, or somehow seemed to affirm this "curse" idea, I presume simply because I did not want to pray about it for the hundredth time.

So, after doing that, I'm pretty sure I prayed about all of that (a cancelling prayer) a few times, but was worried about some technicality of how I prayed, worrying that I didn't pray it right so it didn't count.

So anyways, I really wanted to get on the internet and visit a website I typically visit. While getting ready to do this, I was thinking about how if I did that, the website would then be "cursed" and I could not go on it anymore. Well, as I was putting in the password to get on my computer I had the thought that now my computer would be "cursed" since I was using it.

Now I'm really upset and worried that I have to destroy the computer, and even worried about the desk it sits on because of this. I'm worried that if I don't destroy the computer, a few things could happen:

1. I am worried that I could be keeping a "cursed" item
  2. I am worried that I may have made some deal with the evil one or something and by keeping it I am keeping the deal
  3. Basically worried that by not getting rid of it that I'm choosing the computer over God
  4. I am worried that somehow keeping it/using it is now a sin or something bad. Or that by using it, I am going along with the evil one.
This stuff is really bothering me. I hate this.

Thanks for reading, I need help. On a side note, I have been seeing a Psychologist for therapy, so that's good.