Crying Husbands

Crying Husband

• No, I have never seen him cry before.

• Yes, I've seen him cry maybe a few times.

• Yes, he cries often, he's not the type to hold it in.

• Yes, he cries about some things but not very often.

• He doesn't like to cry in front of me.

• Other.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marie D

Jan 22, 2005
✟1,297.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Carri20 said:
Yes but this is something most husbands would rather keep private. Speaking as someone who was once the only female in a gang of 7 guys, and who was thought of as "one of the guys" all through high school, I can tell you that 9 times out of 10 if a guy finds out his girlfriend/wife went gabbing about his "sensitive side" he'd feel like he just took a shot below the belt. I've heard enough of them complain to know that it's true. I would never talk about my husband this way, particularly on the Internet. It's a respect thing. But maybe we're just from different worlds.

Just curious, do your husbands all know that you're sharing this?

You say it's a respect thing. Actually I respect my husband for being comfortable and trusting enough with me to be able to show his true emotions instead of feeling he has to keep them bottled up.

OK, maybe guys don't talk among themselves about crying but I don't mind any of my female friends knowing he does this sometimes. Personally I think it's a good thing.

And as for men getting their heads kicked in for showing their emotions... I love my husband more than life itself, and I want him to be able to live in a society where he can express whatever emotion he wants and feel that people will be supportive towards him and respectful of his feelings, and I'd hope you want the same for your hubby too, so if there are men out there who are so repressed they feel that it's acceptable to use violence towards other men who aren't inhibited (sp?) in this way then let's tell them how much we love them, and pray for them, and help them to feel free to let down their defences a bit and open up a little...

Upvote 0

~Mrs. A2J~

According to your faith will it be done to you
Aug 13, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟10,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have seen my hubby cry a couple times in the 5 years we've been together and while I haven't enjoyed the fact that the reasons were because he was upset I really like that he can be that open with me. When he cried because I had to go back to Italy after visiting Texas for our first meeting it just really cemented the depth of his love for me which I am happy he was able to share with me and not feel like he had to hide his emotions.

Reactions: SweetBella
Upvote 0

Addicted2~Jesus

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Texas
✟13,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Carri20 said:
Sheesh, why don't we just castrate our husbands right now..

Gosh, that jes seems so very sad to hear. I can say as a man, wit a wife, that I've cried, I wept like a baby the day my wife left back to Italy, I cried for hours afterwards. I to cried at the Passion movie an I've cried a few other times to, though oddly enough when my daughter was born I cain't member cryin LOL oh well.

I cain't say as I take your comment in much favor, flat out sad in my book. In fact I would go so far as to say there is no such real man as a man who isn't afraid to cry. A man who can say to heck wit the world, to heck wit what folks think I'm goin to show my emotions regardless of what some soceity that has thins backwards anyways thinks.

Isn't it the shortest verse in the NT? I havta look it up but I think it jes says "Jesus wept." If Jesus can do it an not worry bout gittin his head kicked in er what someone else thinks then I've a pretty safe bet it ain't goin to bother me none. I've seen the type of guy you have described, I've seen em be all big an bad an hold everthin up inside, but then one day sumthin happens an they crater an they stay that way, seems like they never really rcover. God made us all wit the ability to express our emotions an to cry etc an it's a way of lettin em out, hangin on to em all the time is jes hurtin yoursef, I think I could also say that I could never tust a man who never cried. Cause to me they were jes a fake.

Does it bother me that my wife posts this stuff? I couldn't careless, infact I encoruage er to go an have some girly talk from time to time, espeically if there's sumthin that I jes ain't gittin from er words, maybe it gits explained a bit better to me when a bunch of hens start cacklin off bout it :thumbsup: I think bout the only thin she could ever say that might give me concern would be if she jumped on here an jes said I was totally tankin it in the sack LOL other then that I don't think there's anythin I've got that I would care if it was 'exposed' as it were.

A healthy cry from time to time is good for the soul I think. But I do hate it when my wife cries, drives me nuts really, I cain't stand to see any woman cry actually. Makes me feel like I need to do sumthin an fix sumthin an there jes isn't anythin to fix.

I know this thread was for wives, forgive my two cents. Peace out! ( I learned that one the other day hehehe)

Reactions: SweetBella
Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟65,046.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
My husband cries, he cried at our wedding, when I told him I was pregnant, on occasion when we've had an argument, he cried a couple of days ago when we were watching Forest Gump . . right at the end when he's talking to Jenny's grave.

And for Carri's benefit

Me: Honey, there's a thread on CF about men crying, do you mind me posting about how often you cry.
DH: (laughs) no my love

Upvote 0

Ragedy

Cleaning up my act for the Lord!!
Mar 8, 2006
Orrington,Maine
✟15,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband is an emotional man. He is not afraid to cry in front of myself or our children. He is not a cry baby, but he knows that showing emotions are a natural part of being a healthy human. I LOVE that fact about him. He was the first man I had ever see cry. My dad would die before he would cry in front of his kids.

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I saw his moist eyes and one tear at our wedding as he watched me walk up the aisle. I was so touched it made ME cry.

He also teared up a few times over his beloved nephew who has been hurt many times by his mother.

I hope to get a tear or two when I give birth to our first child in a few weeks but I won't count on it. :D

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've seen my husband cry in the 16 years we've been together. But I feel funny talking about it. And I'm only posting this because I wondered if anyone else felt the same. I almost feel like this is a personal violation...I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
in the 3 years we've been together (that's dating) ive seen him cry 3 times, when his grandfather died, once when i almost broke up with him, and another time when he was really stressed out right before i had the baby

Upvote 0

Endless

Mar 18, 2006
Virginia
✟475.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My hubby-to-be is a woman (he says so himself). He may not cry as much as I do ... but he is so delicate and sensitive that he cries frequently. Almost always during prayer and worship time, but especially during the struggle we've been thru these last few months regarding God's will for our lives.

It is something I cherish. To know that he regards things as passionately as I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
New Creation said:
I saw his moist eyes and one tear at our wedding as he watched me walk up the aisle. I was so touched it made ME cry.

He also teared up a few times over his beloved nephew who has been hurt many times by his mother.

I hope to get a tear or two when I give birth to our first child in a few weeks but I won't count on it. :D

I also forgot maybe the most important thing. Lloyd is a recovering alcoholic and sober 3.5 years. He tried for years to get off the sauce but couldn't do it.

Well, three and a half years ago, he awoke to a news report about a young girl of 13 who was hit and killed by a drunk driver. He himself says he is not a crier, but he says that he sobbed like a child that morning, knowing that the only difference in his situation was that it hadn't happened to him YET.

He never drank again.

Upvote 0