Cruz Drops Out, Trump Almost Guaranteed GOP Nomination

Sumwear

Jul 23, 2012
✟4,400.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/03/politics/indiana-primary-highlights/index.html

A few months ago, I said people thinking Trump getting the nod were letting their fears get the best of them.

Well, um, ah, oh boy. Drink?

4-pokemon-that-can-totally-beat-superman-poor-superman-487570.gif

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
How unfortunate.
I keep rereading the news. I just don't quite believe it.

I would of thought he would of at least stayed in for the rest of the campaign.
Any word/speculation on Trump's VP choice yet?

Poor Kasich.
Stayed in way longer than he should have, just to shave a handful of points off Trump, for naught. He must be in quite a financial rut. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw in the towel also. Even if he says otherwise.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
How unfortunate.

Poor Kasich.
Stayed in way longer than he should have, just to shave a handful of points off Trump, for naught. He must be in quite a financial rut. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw in the towel also. Even if he says otherwise.
More like stupid Kasich. That was his own fault.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
How unfortunate.

Poor Kasich.
Poor Kasich my eye. He stays in thinking he's going to be handed the nomination. He won one state, his own and barely won it. Nobody want him. Trump will sail through and depending on if he's real or not, will slaughter Hills. Best outcome? She looses badly to Trump and then gets cuffed and put in the back of a car.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Y'all get on the Trump train. Whoo, whoo!
Can't do it. Looking for another country to move to. My first Candidate was Santorum, then Fiorina, then Rubio, then Cruz. Now who? Kasich? Bernie? I always pick losers.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump represents a repudiation of mainstream (and Tea Party) Republican ideas.

There are many Republicans, it seems, who are unhappy about the direction the country is taking and see their party as being a big part of the problem.

If these average Republican voters realize that Cruz and the Tea Party do not have their best interests at heart and actually support policies that will exacerbate income inequality and encourage big business' anti-worker policies, then a Trump nomination is almost worth it.

The Republican Party can still strike this cancer out of their party--and become the party of Rockefeller, Danforth, Javits, and other principled progressives once again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

There are many Republicans, it seems, who are unhappy about the direction the country is taking and see their party as being a big part of the problem.

If these average Republican voters realize that Cruz and the Tea Party do not have their best interests at heart and actually support policies that will exacerbate income inequality and encourage big business' anti-worker policies, then a Trump nomination is almost worth it.

The Republican Party can still strike this cancer out of their party--and become the party of Rockefeller, Danforth, Javits, and other principled progressives once again.

Trump has wider support than the Tea Party. The media keeps getting confounded and proven wrong by Trump and his support. The narrative by the media has been turned upside down.

Those voting for Trump are tired of 8 years of Obamas empty promises and a corrupt Hillary Clinton.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have seen commenters on conservative news sites insist that this only means that Kasich will be the nominee.

The level of unwillingness to deal with reality in parts of the Republican party is amazing.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have seen commenters on conservative news sites insist that this only means that Kasich will be the nominee.

The level of unwillingness to deal with reality in parts of the Republican party is amazing.
I hope Trump doesn't make nice with the Republican party. We don't want business as usual. Republicans in Democratic clothes.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Trump has wider support than the Tea Party. The media keeps getting confounded and proven wrong by Trump and his support. The narrative by the media has been turned upside down.

Those voting for Trump are tired of 8 years of Obamas empty promises and a corrupt Hillary Clinton.
Obama darn near destroyed this country.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Fantine, Obama and the Democrats darn near destroyed this country. Why do liberals feel this direction is good? It's destroying us. Obama will go down as the worst. You ought be glad Trump has taken focus off what a failure he is. Well if destroying America, making it unrecognizable was his goal, then he was quite successful.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Guess it's time to dust off the "Mushroom Cloud" anti-Barry Goldwater ad of the 1960's that played a big part in LBJ's victory.

It seems hard to believe that voters would vote against Hillary Clinton, the most knowledgeable person on foreign affairs in the country, in favor of a man who would: build a wall on the Mexican border, institute tariffs that would be highly inflationary and seriously tick off the second biggest economic power in the world, and threaten to launch bombs at any nation he has a beef against.

If there are any global problems before November hopefully people will realize that this man should have a restraining order keeping him at least a mile away from the black box.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Guess it's time to dust off the "Mushroom Cloud" anti-Barry Goldwater ad of the 1960's that played a big part in LBJ's victory.

It seems hard to believe that voters would vote against Hillary Clinton, the most knowledgeable person on foreign affairs in the country, in favor of a man who would: build a wall on the Mexican border, institute tariffs that would be highly inflationary and seriously tick off the second biggest economic power in the world, and threaten to launch bombs at any nation he has a beef against.

If there are any global problems before November hopefully people will realize that this man should have a restraining order keeping him at least a mile away from the black box.

There has not been a presidential election in my lifetime where I have not had someone try to convince me that a Republican presidential victory would lead to nuclear holocaust.

Upvote 0