Sep 16, 2006
✟7,635.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If I wore a cross it would be an empty

1)One b/c my Jesus isn't on the cross anymore

2) I serve a risen savior not a dead one

3) he is alive,

Another thing for me is how would I explain to a non-christian why I have a picture of a dead Jesus if I feel he is alive how come I don't have an empty one to show he rose from the dead?
You feel exactly the way I do, I serve a risen saviour who is coming back real soon to take us home, why portray him like he is still dead.

Upvote 0

prophecystudent

Oct 10, 2005
✟1,313.00
Faith
Christian
I agree with Lambslove: wearing a crucifix (or indeed a cross without a corpus) simply as a kind of talisman or lucky charm is superstitious nonsense - akin to wearing a rabit's fort or horseshoe. To wear either as a sign and reminder of Christ's sacrifice for my sins and the sins of the world is a time-honoured tradition, which points to the very heart of the Gospel. Of course, we are to remember that Christ is risen - the cross was not the end, and the grave could not hold him - but I don't think wearing a crucifix necessarily blinds us to this fact, while it may - possibly, for some - highlight the centrality of his atoning death more than does an 'empty' cross.

Anthony
To quote the believers in the Left Behind series, "WE DON'T DO LUCK!!"

I wear a cross (without the image of Christ on it) because I believe it honors Him and shows people that I am a believer. I do not worship the cross, not the one I wear, or the one on which He died.

The cross, to a believer, is a reminder of who they are and what Christ did for us.

The protestant cross does not have Him on it, because our cross shows the COMPLETED WORK OF CHRIST.

Fred

Upvote 0

JVarner83

Aug 17, 2006
✟15,258.00
Faith
Christian
You feel exactly the way I do, I serve a risen saviour who is coming back real soon to take us home, why portray him like he is still dead.

If he wouldn't have died one the cross we wouldn't have life, we remember what he did on the cross.

what do you want us to wear then? A empty tomb on a keychain?

I don't have a problem at all with people showing off Jesus on the Cross, thats the GOSPEL

Upvote 0

86k10

Sep 16, 2006
✟7,635.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If he wouldn't have died one the cross we wouldn't have life, we remember what he did on the cross.

what do you want us to wear then? A empty tomb on a keychain?

I don't have a problem at all with people showing off Jesus on the Cross, thats the GOSPEL
Sounds good to me, at least it shows he is alive and not still in there. It would be a great conversation piece too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KillerV

Veteran
Jun 30, 2006
✟17,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
well hear is how i see it and what I got from scripture, any kind of picture of Jesus and crosses is unnesserery because the scripture read do not make any images of God or of heaven to worship.

That is if you are actually worshiping the picture/cross..etc..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.