Could Sunday be a burden?

Can Sunday become a "Burden"?

• Cammanding Sunday to be a Family and church day day would not make it a burden

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • If laws are encated by countries to revernce Sunday it will become a burden.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Sunday is God's holy day so it can not be a burden to be restricted in our activities on that day.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If restrictions on our activities are bad for Sabbath it is bad for Sunday too.

• We should have civil laws for Sunday keeping.

• Total voters

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
where there is summer all year and sea all around
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If one has to repeat the same action at the same time and not ALL THE TIME then it is a ceremony.
Look up the definition of ceremony, it sure equates Sabbath Keeping big time.
If God puts it in His moral law, it is moral biggest time. Are we in a position to redefine what God did and calls for?

Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Jesus pointed out sometimes people have to work on the Sabbath. I think we should do what we can not to cause others to have to work. I try not to shop on Sundays. It is a day of rest but I see no problem to tidy up around the house, sometimes that is a part of needing to rest and catch up.
Did you mean Sunday or Saturday/Sabbath?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you mean Sunday or Saturday/Sabbath?
I had a very good friend that was a JW and we use to talk about that quite a bit. He tried really really hard to keep the Sabbath, he would not even drive his vehicle on Saturday for 24 hours. But when I asked him if he could keep all of the Sabbath he said no, he could not. Even he was a truck driver and he would shut the truck down and not move for those 24 hours. I think God will honor his effort to live his life right before God.

Romans 12:1 (KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Upvote 0

Elder 111

Mar 12, 2010
✟15,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a very good friend that was a JW and we use to talk about that quite a bit. He tried really really hard to keep the Sabbath, he would not even drive his vehicle on Saturday for 24 hours. But when I asked him if he could keep all of the Sabbath he said no, he could not. Even he was a truck driver and he would shut the truck down and not move for those 24 hours. I think God will honor his effort to live his life right before God.

Romans 12:1 (KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
You have not indicated which day you are calling Sabbath.

Upvote 0