Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have no idea why you don't believe. We all have to find our own proof. However, I don' think you want to be convinced, you have not shown yourself to have an open mind at all. All you want to do is get your kicks out of trying to hassle people about their religion. You don't want to believe in Christ..if you did you wouldn't be calling it stupid. I came onto this forum as an atheist..if you search way back you'll find my posts. I was an unbeliever but was interested in Christianity and so was asking for some advice. But you'll notice I took what people had to say and studied up on it. All you are doing is having a negative attitude. I believe you want to anger people so they quit posting to you, so you can complain that you wanted to come to Christ but no one would help you. You don't want to take responsibility for your own salvation. God and yourself are the only ones you can lean on..and until you try to honestly seek him out, nothing will ever be proof to you. I'm not saying you have to come into this as a believer..but you need to come into this with an open mind and heart.

Reactions: rwl
Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
BlessedVegan said:
I have no idea why you don't believe. We all have to find our own proof. However, I don' think you want to be convinced, you have not shown yourself to have an open mind at all. All you want to do is get your kicks out of trying to hassle people about their religion. You don't want to believe in Christ..if you did you wouldn't be calling it stupid. I came onto this forum as an atheist..if you search way back you'll find my posts. I was an unbeliever but was interested in Christianity and so was asking for some advice. But you'll notice I took what people had to say and studied up on it. All you are doing is having a negative attitude. I believe you want to anger people so they quit posting to you, so you can complain that you wanted to come to Christ but no one would help you. You don't want to take responsibility for your own salvation. God and yourself are the only ones you can lean on..and until you try to honestly seek him out, nothing will ever be proof to you. I'm not saying you have to come into this as a believer..but you need to come into this with an open mind and heart.
Actually im the opposite of what you just said, Im the open minded one. I wouldnt be talking about satanism if I wasnt open minded. Sticking to christianity because you want something that doesnt exist is DULL minded. I do want to believe in christ. But so far he is nothing to believe.

Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
BlessedVegan said:
Like I said before im not gullible, Im not just going to instantly believe in something like you have. Until I find out why I should woreship christ I wont.

Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Daughter of His said:
Just because you pray does not mean you will "feel" anything. Sometimes you will, for me a lot of times I don't. But I KNOW God heard. Do you have a copy of the sinner's prayer should you want it sometime??
Answer me this and dont say because the bible says.

How do you know god heard you?

Upvote 0

BlessedVegan

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2004
SC
✟59,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just because you talk about Satanism does not mean you are open minded. According to dictionary.com "open mind" means "A mind receptive to different opinions and ideas". You are not open to new ideas...You have been a Satanist for however many years..it is not a different idea for you. Let me ask you..why do you want to believe in Christ. Why would you want to believe in something if you think there is no proof for it and you think it is a stupid belief? Why do you want to believe in Christ at all if he is not real?

Upvote 0

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
One, way is God can give you peace. I mean a peace that you cannot understand, that makes no logical sense considering the seriousness of the situation. It is a peace that fills you, and you KNOW it is the work of the Almighty God in your life. And the fact that the Almightly God has an interest in our little lives is a fact I find very humbling. I do have a scripture for you.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. Phillpians 4:6-7

Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
BlessedVegan said:
Just because you talk about Satanism does not mean you are open minded. According to dictionary.com "open mind" means "A mind receptive to different opinions and ideas". You are not open to new ideas...You have been a Satanist for however many years..it is not a different idea for you. Let me ask you..why do you want to believe in Christ. Why would you want to believe in something if you think there is no proof for it and you think it is a stupid belief? Why do you want to believe in Christ at all if he is not real?
Thats why I created this thread in the first place and I thought someone could actually defend what they believe in but they cant.

As for the open minded thing. Satanism is an idea, also I would be in a christian site if i wasnt open minded would I?, and ive been a satanist only for about a month. Before that was studying and reading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlessedVegan

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2004
SC
✟59,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
CarnalReligion said:
Like I said before im not gullible, Im not just going to instantly believe in something like you have. Until I find out why I should woreship christ I wont.
I have not instantly believed in something. I was an atheist for over 10 years and only came to Christianity after long thought, prayer, and studying. For me, while I have gained innumerable things from knowing Christ..I have also had many negative ramifications from it. I did not come to God because it made my life easier...it has made my life harder on many levels. But I am not coming to this for conveinence.

Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
BlessedVegan said:
I have not instantly believed in something. I was an atheist for over 10 years and only came to Christianity after long thought, prayer, and studying. For me, while I have gained innumerable things from knowing Christ..I have also had many negative ramifications from it. I did not come to God because it made my life easier...it has made my life harder on many levels. But I am not coming to this for conveinence.
I bet you never even considered satanism because you automatically stereotyped it and thought it was the prime suspect of all things evil. If you would have read about it, you would be in a different scenario.

Upvote 0

rwl

Insert witty comment here
Nov 21, 2003
W. Hartford, CT
Visit site
✟1,123.00
Faith
Christian
BlessedVegan said:
I have no idea why you don't believe. We all have to find our own proof. However, I don' think you want to be convinced, you have not shown yourself to have an open mind at all. All you want to do is get your kicks out of trying to hassle people about their religion. You don't want to believe in Christ...
Bingo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Daughter of His said:
Just because you pray does not mean you will "feel" anything. Sometimes you will, for me a lot of times I don't. But I KNOW God heard. Do you have a copy of the sinner's prayer should you want it sometime??
Just wondering?

Upvote 0

BlessedVegan

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2004
SC
✟59,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have a very basic understanding of Satanism..my Dad did a lot of reading about it at one point and so he told me about it. I also read your post on it. The point is, either it's your type of Satanism where Satan isn't real and is a symbol or you're actually worshiping the living Satan. Either way I'm not interested. I have no interest in symbols. If it's not a god I'm not worshiping it. And if you're talkign about teh type of Satanism taht actually worships Satan as a living being..why would I want to do that? When I was an atheist I didn't believe in Satan so it made no sense. And now that I believe in God..why would I want to worship his adversary?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.