CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Any of you out there who know there bible really well and study alot. I would like you to convince me to believe in Christ and God. I have done alot of studies to and at the moment I am athiest. But dont just tell me have faith in eternal life cause christ gave his life for you. Back up your word please.

Thanks

Daughter of His

Believing God
Feb 1, 2004
On my computer chair
✟76,711.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
For me it is easy to see God's handiwork when I look outside at the beauty of nature. Genesis explains the creation. And God made a way for plants, animals and man to reproduce by way of seed. Each time this is a miracle. Man, with all his engineering feats has never made as much as a blade of grass from stratch that could reproduce itself. Each spring, when the earth shoots forth new life it is a reminder of God as our creator who chose to create each and every one of us.

Upvote 0

BlessedVegan

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2004
SC
✟59,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not going to try and convince you of anything. I'll tell you why I believe in God and you can make up your own mind about whether you see it as proof or not.
I believe that there must be a God (not neccacarily the Christian God, just some sort of higher power) because the universe had to be created by something. I believe in evolution and the Big Bang..but the Big Bang had to come from something. Where did the matter that was in existance that the Big Bang fed on..where did it come from? It had to be created by something.
I believe in the Christian God because I believe the Bible to be the word of God. Why do I believe this? Ezekiel 36 states that the people of Isreal will be given their own nation (specifically Ezekiel 36:24, but it is worth reading the whole passage). It was written around 500 BC (I think..that's the date I found on the internet..if I'm wrong someone please correct me). Isreal became a nation in the mid 1900's. I believe the Bible to be divinly inspired because it prophecized this event 2500 years before it happened. I don't see any other way this could happen.
There are a couple other prophecies that really struck me..if you'd like I'll post them. This was the one that most convinced me. This is why I believe, to me it's very striking evidence.

Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
rwl said:
Simmilar question was asked in another thread - here was my reply to that one ...

"Wouldn't you rather seek answers yourself rather then tell others "try and convince"? ...Gods seeks those who earnestly seek him, not those who want to have God proven to them."
Ive been researching God/Jesus christ in all of my free time for a LONG time, and found no answers. I thought I was christian for about 10 years in my childhood until I DID research. Thats why I want to see if any of you so called Christians have proof that your god exists or his prophecies have been proven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlessedVegan

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2004
SC
✟59,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
CarnalReligion said:
How? Because you read a book? Thats ignorant . I dont understand how people can be so gullible and live these days.

Daughter of His probably knows because she has a personal relationship with God. She's seen what is proof to her of his existance. That doesn't have to be proof to you but there is no need to be rude to her. She tried to help you out and answer your question, and all you do is belittle her. Why are you even here if you won't try to listen to what people say?

Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
BlessedVegan said:
Daughter of His probably knows because she has a personal relationship with God. She's seen what is proof to her of his existance. That doesn't have to be proof to you but there is no need to be rude to her. She tried to help you out and answer your question, and all you do is belittle her. Why are you even here if you won't try to listen to what people say?
She didnt say what I asked for. She posted what everyone else posts. " I have a personal relationship with god","I know in my heart he is real","Jesus is my lord and saviour". It sickens me, because god is a waste of time if there is no proof. Jesus is suppose to return right? So if a man stood up in front of a million people and said he was the next jesus would you believe him? Or even if he tricked you a little and did a little magic that was suppose to be a miracle. If people cant even explain how David Blaine does his streets magic how are you going to tell whats real and whats not.

Upvote 0

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CarnalReligion said:
I guess some people dont comprehend what im saying. Is there any proof that the prophecies are being fulfilled ect. You cant just believe in something without knowing its real. Thats pure stupidity .

Do you know that objective evil is real?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlessedVegan

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2004
SC
✟59,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The other prophecy is of Abraham and Sarah in Genesis. I do not know where exactly this is so if anyone does please post it. God promised Abraham and Sarah a child, they were very old when this happened. For a long time they didn't have a child, so eventually Sarah told Abraham to have sex with her slave so teh slave would get pregnant (this was the custom of the time). So Abraham did and Hagar (The slave) got pregnant with Ishmael. But God didn't like this because he was giving the child to Abraham AND Sarah, not Hagar. So God said that Ismael would be scorned by his brothers forever. So later Sarah gets pregnant and has Isaac. God said something to the effect of that Isaac would be a leader. It was said that Isaac and Ishmael (and their descendants) would be at odds forever. Well the Arabs trace their lineage back to Ishmael, and the Jews to Isaac. Those groups are, of course, constantly struggling against each other. This was prophecizing the strife in the Middle East. Someone pleaseeeee post exactly where in Genesis this is.
Another prophecy that I think is interesting is this one..in Psalms 22:16 the piercing of Jesus's hands and feet is predicted. This is in the OT. AT this time crucifixion hadn't even be invented yet. However, I can see if this isn't quite so powerful to you, since it does depend solely on the Bible for the fufilment of the prophecy. But it is powerful to me.
There are lots of fufilled prophies but these are the ones that I remember offhand. IF you are further interested you could get a book on the subject.

Upvote 0

BlessedVegan

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2004
SC
✟59,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
CarnalReligion said:
She didnt say what I asked for. She posted what everyone else posts. " I have a personal relationship with god","I know in my heart he is real","Jesus is my lord and saviour". It sickens me, because god is a waste of time if there is no proof. Jesus is suppose to return right? So if a man stood up in front of a million people and said he was the next jesus would you believe him? Or even if he tricked you a little and did a little magic that was suppose to be a miracle. If people cant even explain how David Blaine does his streets magic how are you going to tell whats real and whats not.
She didn't tell you any of those things..she told you why she believes (because of nature, etc.) and backed it up with scripture (Genesis..the whole story of creation). That is exactly what you asked her to do. I'd believe him if he fufilled the prophecies of the endtimes which there are lots of.

Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
BlessedVegan said:
The other prophecy is of Abraham and Sarah in Genesis. I do not know where exactly this is so if anyone does please post it. God promised Abraham and Sarah a child, they were very old when this happened. For a long time they didn't have a child, so eventually Sarah told Abraham to have sex with her slave so teh slave would get pregnant (this was the custom of the time). So Abraham did and Hagar (The slave) got pregnant with Ishmael. But God didn't like this because he was giving the child to Abraham AND Sarah, not Hagar. So God said that Ismael would be scorned by his brothers forever. So later Sarah gets pregnant and has Isaac. God said something to the effect of that Isaac would be a leader. It was said that Isaac and Ishmael (and their descendants) would be at odds forever. Well the Arabs trace their lineage back to Ishmael, and the Jews to Isaac. Those groups are, of course, constantly struggling against each other. This was prophecizing the strife in the Middle East. Someone pleaseeeee post exactly where in Genesis this is.
Another prophecy that I think is interesting is this one..in Psalms 22:16 the piercing of Jesus's hands and feet is predicted. This is in the OT. AT this time crucifixion hadn't even be invented yet. However, I can see if this isn't quite so powerful to you, since it does depend solely on the Bible for the fufilment of the prophecy. But it is powerful to me.
There are lots of fufilled prophies but these are the ones that I remember offhand. IF you are further interested you could get a book on the subject.

Those prophecies are from the bible. Not from our actual history. So that still isnt proof. It could have been a made up story.

Upvote 0

CarnalReligion

Nov 26, 2004
Canada
✟259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
BlessedVegan said:
She didn't tell you any of those things..she told you why she believes (because of nature, etc.) and backed it up with scripture (Genesis..the whole story of creation). That is exactly what you asked her to do. I'd believe him if he fufilled the prophecies of the endtimes which there are lots of.
Actually NO its not. Thats like saying there was no NATURE when the bible was written. If when the bible was written there was no nature and then later there came to become it would make sense.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.