Aidan K

Baha'i
Jan 18, 2014
✟8,290.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I thought so, Arthra. Smaneck seems to radiate that same unity.

It takes some time and careful thought to wrap one's head around the fact that God may give certain truths to one nation and other truths to another. Finally, if we look and pray about this, we see that the best teachers all do this, discerning the level and capacity of their various classes and individual students. Christ exemplified that, and clearly taught it when he said "judge not that ye be not judged", and then just a few seconds later "Don't try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it irritates the pig." (Or something like that.)

How can a human do both, unless it is through inspiration/revelation from on High? What is the difference, Smaneck, between inspiration and revelation, in your Baha'i doctrines?
"We are all but leaves of one tree" Baha'u'llah

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

---
Then again...

"This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” -- Peter (Acts 411-12)

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -- Jesus (John 14:6)

"I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.” -- Jesus (John 8:24)

Upvote 0

jackcv

Oct 30, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
✟16,632.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
---
Then again...

"This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” -- Peter (Acts 411-12)

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -- Jesus (John 14:6)

"I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.” -- Jesus (John 8:24)
These unequivocal scriptures are true, and do not contradict:

Did any other prophet claim to be the Savior of the world? Did any other claim to have atoned for the sins of all humanity? Not to my knowledge.

When the Spirit witnesses to a faithful Hindu, Muslim, or anyone else what Christ's Infinite Atonement means, is there any other humane response than, "Thank you! How can I help?"

Until God reveals Himself to an individual, no amount of preaching or scripture bashing by us makes that person "accountable". God unrevealed remains unknown. Then, I believe, the faithful Muslim will turn to Mohammad, the Buddhist to Gautama Buddha, the Baha'i to Baha'u'lla and express love and thanks to them for their refining, enlightening influence which opened so many millions of eyes and hearts to receive that Divine witness. As Goethe said, "One can only see what one already knows."

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Did any other prophet claim to be the Savior of the world?

Did Jesus Himself make that claim? The only place in the NT which uses that phrase is in John's Gospel which places it in the mouth of the Samaritans, not Jesus. In any case, the world is clearly not saved.

Did any other claim to have atoned for the sins of all humanity?

Did Jesus? If so where?

Upvote 0

jackcv

Oct 30, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
✟16,632.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Did Jesus Himself make that claim? The only place in the NT which uses that phrase is in John's Gospel which places it in the mouth of the Samaritans, not Jesus. In any case, the world is clearly not saved.
Good question, Smaneck.

Matt 16:13-17: He asked Peter "Whom do men say I, the son of man, am?", then "Whom say ye that I am?" Following Peter's representative statement that Jesus was the Christ, the Savior said "flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." (Mark 8:27-30; Luke 9:18-20; John 6:66-71)

Later he was emphatic in answering the chief priest's and Pilate's leading questions with direct, pointed, and unequivocal answer "Thou sayest it."

You say: a Jewish idiom of solemn affirmation, probably the origin of English idiom “You said it!” meaning that is very true. The idiom seems to call forth the eternal principle that in the mouth of two or three witness shall every word be established. This phrase is not at all evasive. Matt 26:64-65; Mk 14:62-64; Lk 23:3; JST Mk 15:4

In fact, you missed the vital element in the Samaritan incident, John 4:25 - 26.
Did Jesus? If so where?
3 Nephi 11:10, 11
10 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.

11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.

Doctrine and Covenants 19:1, 16-19;
1 I am Alpha and Omega, Christ the Lord; yea, even I am he, the beginning and the end, the Redeemer of the world.
16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;
17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—
19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Good question, Smaneck.

Matt 16:13-17: He asked Peter "Whom do men say I, the son of man, am?", then "Whom say ye that I am?" Following Peter's representative statement that Jesus was the Christ, the Savior said "flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." (Mark 8:27-30; Luke 9:18-20; John 6:66-71)

But Peter said Jesus was the Messiah, not that He was the Savior of the World. Those are two different things.

Later he was emphatic in answering the chief priest's and Pilate's leading questions with direct, pointed, and unequivocal answer "Thou sayest it."

You say: a Jewish idiom of solemn affirmation, probably the origin of English idiom “You said it!” meaning that is very true.

It is very true that Jesus is the Messiah. Even the Qur'an affirms that.

The idiom seems to call forth the eternal principle that in the mouth of two or three witness shall every word be established. This phrase is not at all evasive. Matt 26:64-65; Mk 14:62-64; Lk 23:3; JST Mk 15:4

In fact, you missed the vital element in the Samaritan incident, John 4:25 - 26.

You do know that Messiah means Anointed One, not Savior?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.